Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration (1190 Views)

List Of Nigerian Budget From 1999 - 2018 / Osinbajo Receives 2017 Budget From National Assembly / Jibrin On Channels TV. Talks About Budget Padding (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by dondo83(m): 11:42pm On Apr 26, 2016
I had to put some facts right so as to stop some ignorant people from using the budget issue to score a cheap point. Gej was the vice president and eventually became the president before his term so the last administration was all about continuity. Below are the dates that budgets were passed in the last administration.

1 2011 budget was passed 17th of March
www.nigerianeye.com/2011/03/senate-passes-2011-budget.html?m= 17th march 2011

2 2012 budget was passed 13th of april
m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/87809/a-comparative-analysis-of-2012-fgn-budget.html budget passed 13/april 2012

3 2013 budget was passed in october 2012 (The only time the budget was passed early)
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/jonathan-presents-2013-budget/ october 2012

4. 2014 budget was passed 24th of may
www.premiumtimesng.com/business/161390-jonathan-signs-nigerias-2014-budget-defence-gets-20-per-cent.html may 2014

5 2015 budget was passed 25th of april

leadership.ng/news/429220/senate-passes-n4-4trn-2015-budget

...april 25th 2015

From the above write up, why are the opposition wailing like it used to be better? My point is that what is worth doing should be done properly. How can a budget make provision for 100 percent completion of a project and nass cuts it by half? ( No wonder we have plenty abandon uncompleted government buildings , roads etc

People that live in glass house dont throw stones

Long live nairaland
Long live Apc
Long live Buhari
Long live Nigeria.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by faithesco(f): 11:45pm On Apr 26, 2016
Who ur fact con epp now#mtchew

4 Likes

Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by dondo83(m): 11:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
Poster above, it is past your bed time.

3 Likes

Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by freeze001(f): 12:05am On Apr 27, 2016
If the change is to maintain the status quo then what's the point? Note that the previous government did not watch the economy nosedive to the pathetic level we're at now in the name of non-passage of budget. We were never inundated with incompetence in even presenting a coherent budget.

I don't even understand the reason for defending rubbish! What is bad is bad in its own right and not in comparison to another. Change is supposed to mean doing things in a different and better way. If you are going to rejoice over a bad situation then of what use is the change?

7 Likes

Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by dondo83(m): 12:14am On Apr 27, 2016
freeze001:
If the change is to maintain the status quo then what's the point? Note that the previous government did not watch the economy nosedive to the pathetic level we're at now in the name of non-passage of budget. We were never inundated with incompetence in even presenting a coherent budget.

I don't even understand the reason for defending rubbish! What is bad is bad in its own right and not in comparison to another. Change is supposed to mean doing things in a different and better way. If you are going to rejoice over a bad situation then of what use is the change?

if things aren't done differently you wont have heard about all the budget padding or are you telling me the budget padding started in this new administration? Because I will glady quote the head of appropriation committee who said " constituents"project was a norm in time past . we all know who to blame for the delay in budget passage and as such people ranting about budget passage like its the first time it has ever been passed in april should find another thing to cry about

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by eleven(m): 12:16am On Apr 27, 2016
freeze001:

Bless you. You have said it all. Imagine someone researching hard just to justify failure. Smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by ezivision: 1:28am On Apr 27, 2016
freeze001:

I don't even understand the reason for defending rubbish! What is bad is bad in its own right and not in comparison to another. Change is supposed t
eleven post=45074751:

Bless you. You have said it all. Imagine someone researching hard just to justify failure. Smh
o mean doing things in a different and better way. If you are going to rejoice over a bad situation then of what use is the change? economy nosedive? hmmmm, if your hero had managed it well devoid of corruption,he would not borrow to pay wokers. if they had been expert as you claim,we will still be enjoying the dividend till now. Ex Gov Peter Obi was a good economic manager, when he left office,Anambra is not borrowing to pay wokers. the solid foundation is still working for that state unlike your hero. PMB can not work without budget and it is only when the house of corruption pass it he can make use of the document to work.
t
Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by tit(f): 3:43am On Apr 27, 2016
but this is the first time a country budget has been stolen!

2 Likes

Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by Standing5(m): 4:27am On Apr 27, 2016
tit:
but this is the first time a country budget has been stolen!
The awkward moment when a tit out do an äss. Keep it up. Na your ways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by Standing5(m): 4:30am On Apr 27, 2016
Jonathan knew about budget padding but chose to ignore it. The IB really finished us.

2 Likes

Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by OgaTheTop2: 4:41am On Apr 27, 2016
2016 budget would've been passed tay tay if not for those thieves expecting Ghana must go bags from Buhari. Rubbish.

They should just scrap the assembly of rogues that we have.

1 Like

Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by mikolo80: 4:56am On Apr 27, 2016
eleven:

how many pdp budget don epp you?
Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by sublimes: 5:06am On Apr 27, 2016
@ OP, kindly do more research to justify the activities of the fulani herdsmen, you can also do a little research to show 'how the persistent fuel scarcity and the unnecessary hardship is a good thing for nigeria' How you try to justify this govt's insensitivity, super-cluelessness makes me stagger.
Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by Histrings08(m): 6:13am On Apr 27, 2016
Things are supposed to be done differently Buh this days all I see is comparison with previous administration... Smh
Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by Nobody: 6:25am On Apr 27, 2016
front page
Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by malton: 6:38am On Apr 27, 2016
freeze001:

The point is, the people don't yet seem ready to accept a more progressive agenda. They are opposed to truly progressive ideals.

You won't get any change with that attitude. Change cannot be brought about by force in a democratic dispensation.

You complain of hardship, yet, cheer the NASSS on for mutilating the budget. Na who go suffer?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by 989900B: 7:45am On Apr 27, 2016
Nice one, OP!

It's a shame this country has been ran this way all along, we've got to move away from that now, and them 'wailers' should be grateful to Buhari for trying to do the right thing with the budget, even though the NASS is an irredeemable 'bottleneck'
Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by obailala(m): 8:38am On Apr 27, 2016
Histrings08:
Things are supposed to be done differently Buh this days all I see is comparison with previous administration... Smh
The comparison is usually started by deluded supporters of the last administration.

If they must criticise, they should criticise and ask for improved governance. But when they base their criticism on a comparison with the past, claiming that the past was excellent but things are now getting bad, then they leave people no choice but to clap back by opening threads like this to remind them of what they selectively chose to forget. And then in embarrassment, they always come up with this very line of argument of "things are supposed to be done differently."

Of course things are supposed to be done differently, but you can start by not telling us that things were rosy and perfect before now.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by dondo83(m): 8:42am On Apr 27, 2016
im happy saraki (wailers hero) came out last night that the budget will be passed and appropriated by next week. Lets see what the opposition will cry about from may..
Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by dondo83(m): 9:20am On Apr 27, 2016
obailala:
The comparison is usually started by deluded supporters of the last administration.

If they must criticise, they should criticise and ask for improved governance. But when they base their criticism on a comparison with the past, claiming that the past was excellent but things are now getting bad, then they leave people no choice but to clap back by opening threads like this to remind them of what they selectively chose to forget. And then in embarrassment, they always come up with this very line of argument of "things are supposed to be done differently."

Of course things are supposed to be done differently, but you can start by not telling us that things were rosy and perfect before now.

Apt! no one can say it better . God bless you

1 Like

Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by tuniski: 10:23am On Apr 27, 2016
dondo83:
I had to put some facts right so as to stop some ignorant people from using the budget issue to score a cheap point. Gej was the vice president and eventually became the president before his term so the last administration was all about continuity. Below are the dates that budgets were passed in the last administration.

1 2011 budget was passed 17th of March
www.nigerianeye.com/2011/03/senate-passes-2011-budget.html?m= 17th march 2011

2 2012 budget was passed 13th of april
m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/87809/a-comparative-analysis-of-2012-fgn-budget.html budget passed 13/april 2012

3 2013 budget was passed in october 2012 (The only time the budget was passed early)
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/jonathan-presents-2013-budget/ october 2012

4. 2014 budget was passed 24th of may
www.premiumtimesng.com/business/161390-jonathan-signs-nigerias-2014-budget-defence-gets-20-per-cent.html may 2014

5 2015 budget was passed 25th of april

leadership.ng/news/429220/senate-passes-n4-4trn-2015-budget

...april 25th 2015

From the above write up, why are the opposition wailing like it used to be better? My point is that what is worth doing should be done properly. How can a budget make provision for 100 percent completion of a project and nass cuts it by half? ( No wonder we have plenty abandon uncompleted government buildings , roads etc

People that live in glass house dont throw stones

Long live nairaland
Long live Apc
Long live Buhari
Long live Nigeria.

Even if buhari join pass 2017 budget together with 2016, it is just a useless document meant only for zombies.

A propaganda govt lacking in competence and understanding of the undercurrent n dynamics of governance.
Re: Fact About Budget From The Previous Administration by yaki84: 12:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
from d first day the budget w a s presented, I knew buhari was scamming nigerians.

ita enang stole d budget so buhari d dullard could study it well n see what is in it, it backfire.

during budget defence ministers aptly rejected their own budget.... it has never happened before.

before u sabi minister brings another padded document called omitted budget..... it has never happened before.

no matter how the zombies will villify d past, me I still know d present is filled with the past. they r talking ghana must go bags was not submitted before budget could be passed, when the budget already had kleg since the day it was presented.
not until a senator comes out n say he used to collect ghana must go bags from the previous govt before spassing the budget I will still take their foolish talks as mere commissioner rantings.
atleast we hv more than 30old senators in the senate n most r in the opposition. they shud comeout n either debunk or clarify how d ghana must go bags were sent.

(1) (Reply)

Confusion As South West PDP Issues Conflicting Outcome Of Caucus meeting / Buhari: Jonathan’s Ministers Frustrated Me Before I Came To Power | Thecable / Buhari Is "Cleared" To Return To Nigeria Next Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.