Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,707 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Scam Alert!!! Please Beware Of This Kind Of Message. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scam Alert!!! Please Beware Of This Kind Of Message. (1090 Views)

New ATM Scam Alert Fraudsters Use And Can Put You In Serious Trouble / @@### / Scam Alert, Scam Alert, Scam Alert, please Share This Until The Police Get This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Alert!!! Please Beware Of This Kind Of Message. by Jerrymax01(m): 12:32pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hi everyone, I will love to make the ordeal my sister had this morning brief. It happened that she received an sms alert, with sender's ID "ATM ALERT". She got the message that her debit has been deactivated, so therefore to reactivate the debit card , she should called the customer care via this no 09085684842, as a sharp guy, I saw the message, but I felt so skeptical about it immediately, but u know ladies tenderness will make it difficult for me to just convince her to disregard such messages. On calling the number, initially a ladies picked, but when she was about narrating the message she got to her, she hanged up. So I told her to call back, this time a guy picked ham, me come dey wonder say nah mtn or glo customer care ni, wey different people de pick dsame call directed to a certain no. So she asked if she was on to Wema bank customer care and he said yes and he further told her that her acc was linked with first bank, nah from there I start dey laugh in Spanish. So the idiot was brave to ask her if she was with her atm card and her Bvn no and asked what other bank she used, she told him she wasn't with the debit card, na so the guyman vex drop call o.. I just told her not to even waste her time calling them anymore.. Guys please beware, have to come tell you the ordeal before zillions fall to such traps.

Re: Scam Alert!!! Please Beware Of This Kind Of Message. by SurefireAsoOke: 5:50pm On Apr 27, 2016
All this ATM, BVN scammers sef. They are on the loose. Sometimes I feel the bank staff use to have a hand in all this.
Re: Scam Alert!!! Please Beware Of This Kind Of Message. by gbaby4live: 5:57pm On Apr 27, 2016
Seriously, I just received the message few minutes ago...

I burst into laughter when I saw the message...

Imagine, No fuel, No Light, dollar scarce and this fool wanna be duping pple...

Moreover, my sim is a new sim and its not linked to any bank, not to talk of BVN...

I know many pple will fall for it, cos I still remember d day inter switch was introduced and all dem dis I never chop use am hit many maga....

Re: Scam Alert!!! Please Beware Of This Kind Of Message. by jimmynauty: 7:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
i called the number, and the fake attendant asked me which bank i operate with, and i asked him, i tot he worked at my bank and the guy became agrressive and called me stupid which later i burst out laffing grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert!!! Please Beware Of This Kind Of Message. by gbaby4live: 1:44am On Apr 28, 2016
jimmynauty:
i called the number, and the fake attendant asked me which bank i operate with, and i asked him, i tot he worked at my bank and the guy became agrressive and called me stupid which later i burst out laffing grin grin grin grin grin

Lol....
I think the best way is to report all this numbers to their respective providers, so they can take all legal actions against them. I'm glad tracing them will be easy this time around cos all their mobile numbers are registered...but, the only problem there is that the sim might be a stolen sim, registered by someone else...
Re: Scam Alert!!! Please Beware Of This Kind Of Message. by Jerrymax01(m): 2:00pm On Apr 28, 2016
Lol....
I think the best way is to report all this numbers to their respective providers, so they can take all legal actions against them. I'm glad tracing them will be easy this time around cos all their mobile numbers are registered...but, the only problem there is that the sim might be a stolen sim, registered by someone else...

You're very right. I even thought of reporting the number through any of the said network providers customer care, but I just said to myself these dingbats might have insider working with them or they might even be stolen sims like you said, who knows. God help us in this country and I pray they get a better life!

(1) (Reply)

Fraud With First Mobile Apk / How I Caught A Thief Today Who Almost Got Lynched By Angry Mob / Unidentified African Girl Butchers In The Throat By Her Arabian Boss (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.