Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,552 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume (11314 Views)

Senator Ali Ndume Slaps Habu Dala Aji; Mohammed Saleh Baga Beaten Into Coma / Nobody Can Force Buhari To Disclose His Ailment — Femi Adesina / Released Chibok Girls And Ali Ndume Strike A Pose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by kcnwaigbo: 1:17pm On Apr 27, 2016
The leader of the Senate, Mohammed Ali-Ndume, said on Tuesday that no amount of protest would force any legislator to resign.

Mr. Ndume was reacting to a protest by the “Occupy National Assembly” group, calling for the resignation of the president of the Senate, Bukola Saraki.

Mr. Ndume said there is a democratic process of recalling any senator, adding that protest was not the constitutionally recognised process.

He described the protest as a “wrong precedence and anti-democratic’’.

“That is why we are not trying to say anything about them because what is happening out there is a very dangerous precedence that we are trying to set.

“I contested to represent Borno South.

“I did not force myself on my people and therefore somebody out there, especially the one that did not elect me cannot force me out because I didn’t come in by force.

“I came in by ballot not by gun, not by placard, I have posters not placards.

“So, if for example, I am short of performance and my constituents feel that they do not have time to waste, there is a clear-cut process by which they can ask me to be recalled.

“They will collect signatures, ask for me to be recalled, that is the democratic way, not by coming in here to stand and say you want to occupy NASS.

“You occupy NASS to do what, to be leader or to be senator? It does not work that way,” he said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the protesters stormed the National Assembly to demand the resignation of Mr. Saraki.

The protesters; “Occupy National Assembly” also called on the legislators to conclude all issues on the 2016 budget, return their luxury cars and cut their N115 billion budget.

However, another group was also on ground to counter the call for Mr. Saraki’s resignation, saying the group calling for his resignation was anti-Nigeria.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/202463-no-protest-can-force-senator-office-ndume.html

6 Likes

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by Michaeluzomam(m): 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
Eeh?
Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by kcnwaigbo: 1:26pm On Apr 27, 2016
Tinubu will not like this tongue tongue tongue tongue He has already deposited milions into this project and it is about to go down the drain grin grin grin

31 Likes

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by kcnwaigbo: 1:29pm On Apr 27, 2016
lalasticlala come and see frontpage material
Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by kaso0(m): 1:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
yes very true

16 Likes

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by kcnwaigbo: 1:35pm On Apr 27, 2016
kaso0:
yes very true

I wonder what they hope to achieve bu occupying the NASS? if Saraki refuses to comply,will they stop him from presiding over the senate?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by slimpoppa(m): 3:07pm On Apr 27, 2016
weyrey. Boko sponsor.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by Afama: 3:07pm On Apr 27, 2016
Stop subbing Saraki jor grin angry
Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by vicuto(m): 3:07pm On Apr 27, 2016
Yesssss i made front page angry grin sad grin
Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 27, 2016
Really? Seems he's underestimating the power of protest. Smh..

3 Likes

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by richidinho(m): 3:07pm On Apr 27, 2016
T
Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by Innodon(m): 3:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
Heard
Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by Nairadays: 3:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
It's there for all and sundry to see that NASS is actually an Achilles Heel to our continued progress now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by Angelb4: 3:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
Eeehm, Ndume is becoming too vocal for my liking. EFCC pls!

5 Likes

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by richidinho(m): 3:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
Saraki i dey ur side grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by dunkem21(m): 3:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
I will say it again and again .. Sponsors of #OccupyNASS played into Saraki's hand and will draw public sympathy/empathy to the SP ..

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by spako4(m): 3:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
That is why you are doing rubbish in the house
Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by ericessien24: 3:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
who voted you guys? to me, worst government. waiting for change. #1000 is now #10. everything is just getting worst. Abeg who una help. iranu.

6 Likes

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by higherpower: 3:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
kcnwaigbo:
Tinubu will not like this tongue tongue tongue tongue He has already deposited milions into this project and it is about to go down the drain grin grin grin

Can't u talk sense for once? Are u not ashamed that Tinubu and u Father were born @a time n urs no where to be found.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by Abbeyme: 3:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
Rubbish people.

We need a law that makes recall of lawmakers easy and seamless.

we just need that law.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by gigabyte13: 3:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
Really? No problem, soonest we will start using stones on you guys.

Saraki don collect him own stone, another sinATOR from bauchi chop him own. Na ur turn soon. Continue oooooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
See who is talking! The Boko Haram kingpin who moved a motion that Nigerian men should be allowed to marry more wives...LMAO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by gobizzy101: 3:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
Ali Ndume kor, mohammed Ali ni

2 Likes

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by jude33084(m): 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
He is a 100% correct.

The only people that can recall him are those from his constituency wink

2 Likes

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by rita25(f): 3:14pm On Apr 27, 2016
I hate it wen dis boko haram sponsor talks. he has no point,never had and never will undecided................psheew.is he done marrying underage girls yet?

1 Like

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by dunkem21(m): 3:15pm On Apr 27, 2016
gigabyte13:
Really? No problem, soonest we will start using stones on you guys.

Saraki don collect him own stone, another sinATOR from bauchi chop him own. Na ur turn soon. Continue oooooo

El-rufai also follow chop stones grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by emmykk(m): 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
the senator is very on point.

what is the sin of saraki that st.buhari,st.tinubu and other governors have not committed.

i like the senate this time around they are nolonger push over...remove saraki if you can but do it the proper way and stop dissipating energy in form of protest.

why it will be difficult for them to flush saraki ie because saraki represent a group or people who made buhari president and will feel bad if they are not represented.

quote me when saraki is removed

2 Likes

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by 9jatatafo(m): 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
We know it's all sponsored and the people paid to protest.

3 Likes

Re: No One Can Force Any Senator Out Via Protest-Senator Ali Ndume by yekparikpa(m): 3:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
With this kind of mentality amongst some of our politicians, am afraid Nigeria is in trouble!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Insecurity: Buhari May Shun Reps’ Summons Over Fear Of PDP Lawmakers / Ramadan: Abstain From Worldly Things, Tinubu Tells Muslims / Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.