Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,774 members, 7,820,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

South-west Remains The Best...a Short Story Of My Tour From Abuja To PH/UYO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-west Remains The Best...a Short Story Of My Tour From Abuja To PH/UYO (2084 Views)

6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani / Obasanjo Remains The Grandfather Of Corruption In Nigeria - Reps / Why President Buhari Is Simply The Best ... A Must Read ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-west Remains The Best...a Short Story Of My Tour From Abuja To PH/UYO by Fadekebisola(f): 1:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
Some may say am biased but this is a clear and transparent experience i have ..
First i came to Port Harcourt for a business deal sometime last week and decided to see a close relative in uyo afterwards.

I arrived PH for the first time beholding an awesome and very large city with numerous economic activities going on there...suffice to say that PH city remains the most economical after Lagos in Southern Nigeria....but one particular remark in PH city is the palpable terror in it.....those living in PH knows what am writing about...u dare not make unnecessary movement even at Night....i was opportuned to visit Aluu community in uniport were Aluu-4 killings took place sometime back from there i entered bus to 'Choba' and then to Rumokoro...one thing is certain, the PH locals are ikwere,though there are large population of igbos in PH..infact there is no palpable difference between portharcourt and south east states in terms of igbos occupying there but the ikweres dont see themselves as igbos and igbos too there dont see ikweres as their brothers then i began to ponder why igbos claim ikweres are their brothers when the reality on ground says otherwise....my advice to igbos is to let ikwere people be as they deemed fit.

UYO VISIT::From PH i took prince mass transit at akwa-ibom park in PH(#1500 fare)...passed through eket then abak to uyo....one certain and first thing i can attest is that akwa-ibom state has the highest best road network in Nigeria with functioning street lights but what the lack is good houses.....there are atleast 6 flyovers in uyo including the goodluck jonathan flyover with four double lane roads(i must commend akpabio)....most roads were constructed by Julius berger.Then i started asking myself why igbos chest-beat(esp anambra people) when gov obiano constructed is it two or three flyovers crossing an erosion ravaged lands and Enugu-onistsha roads which are worst in the country...then i just laughed and said to myself that empty vessels make the loudest noise..probably they are just getting use to new development...
If there is any state that is supposed to boast i think is akwa-ibom and not anambra chest-beaters..

In uyo i visited Maitama area of uyo, strip clubs,ibom plaza and 5-star hotels.
one bad with akwa-ibom girls is that they give birth first out of wedlock and return back to their father's house and begin to look for a new husband...some of them who have still given birth combine night prostitution as part of their business and i asked a friend and he told me efik/ibibio people were caused by mary slessor for raping her.....is typically that bad...in Maitama area there are bunch of prostitutes littered everywhere(90% igbos, a friend who patronized them told me this) and mostly people from Enugu(b4 u misunderstand me try do small investigation)..

I forgot mention that uyo is now popular with LOTO BIZ...this is the latest biz in town,anybody who stays in uyo knows this..

FROM ALL THESE I MEASURED THAT SOUTH WEST REMAINS THE BEST
Re: South-west Remains The Best...a Short Story Of My Tour From Abuja To PH/UYO by FlyoruB: 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2016
You this fake omo Igbo forming Yoloba again. You no dey tire?? If you no get work, go volunteer as vigilante at Enugu or something. angry

1 Like

Re: South-west Remains The Best...a Short Story Of My Tour From Abuja To PH/UYO by TheArchangel(f): 2:00pm On Apr 27, 2016
Fadekebisola:
Some may say am biased but this is a clear and transparent experience i have ..
First i came to Port Harcourt for a business deal sometime last week and decided to see a close relative in uyo afterwards.

I arrived PH for the first time beholding an awesome and very large city with numerous economic activities going on there...suffice to say that PH city remains the most economical after Lagos in Southern Nigeria....but one particular remark in PH city is the palpable terror in it.....those living in PH knows what am writing about...u dare not make unnecessary movement even at Night....i was opportuned to visit Aluu community in uniport were Aluu-4 killings took place sometime back from there i entered bus to 'Choba' and then to Rumokoro...one thing is certain, the PH locals are ikwere,though there are large population of igbos in PH..infact there is no palpable difference between portharcourt and south east states in terms of igbos occupying there but the ikweres dont see themselves as igbos and igbos too there dont see ikweres as their brothers then i began to ponder why igbos claim ikweres are their brothers when the reality on ground says otherwise....my advice to igbos is to let ikwere people be as they deemed fit.

UYO VISIT::From PH i took prince mass transit at akwa-ibom park in PH(#1500 fare)...passed through eket then abak to uyo....one certain and first thing i can attest is that akwa-ibom state has the highest best road network in Nigeria with functioning street lights but what the lack is good houses.....there are atleast 6 flyovers in uyo including the goodluck jonathan flyover with four double lane roads(i must commend akpabio)....most roads were constructed by Julius berger.Then i started asking myself why igbos chest-beat(esp anambra people) when gov obiano constructed is it two or three flyovers crossing an erosion ravaged lands and Enugu-onistsha roads which are worst in the country...then i just laughed and said to myself that empty vessels make the loudest noise..probably they are just getting use to new development...
If there is any state that is supposed to boast i think is akwa-ibom and not anambra chest-beaters..

In uyo i visited Maitama area of uyo, strip clubs,ibom plaza and 5-star hotels.
one bad with akwa-ibom girls is that they give birth first out of wedlock and return back to their father's house and begin to look for a new husband...some of them who have still given birth combine night prostitution as part of their business and i asked a friend and he told me efik/ibibio people were caused by mary slessor for raping her.....is typically that bad...in Maitama area there are bunch of prostitutes littered everywhere(90% igbos, a friend who patronized them told me this) and mostly people from Enugu(b4 u misunderstand me try do small investigation)..

I forgot mention that uyo is now popular with LOTO BIZ...this is the latest biz in town,anybody who stays in uyo knows this..

FROM ALL THESE I MEASURED THAT SOUTH WEST REMAINS THE BEST
You visited SS, derides SE then concludes that SW is the best.

There is no bases for your conclusion. No premises..no nothing.
You need to be taught the rudiments of arguments so you don't have to appear as an illiterate.

7 Likes

Re: South-west Remains The Best...a Short Story Of My Tour From Abuja To PH/UYO by cindybella101(f): 2:31pm On Apr 27, 2016
O.p

Re: South-west Remains The Best...a Short Story Of My Tour From Abuja To PH/UYO by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 27, 2016
You can do better than this
another lame attempt at yoruba bashing

1 Like

Re: South-west Remains The Best...a Short Story Of My Tour From Abuja To PH/UYO by Ugomba(m): 2:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
South East NdiIgbo, pls Ignore this thread and let it die off.
The APC e-rats are at work to put division in the Political PDP structure of the South East and South South.
They have Failed woefully.. -Ugomba from Anioma Land

2 Likes

Re: South-west Remains The Best...a Short Story Of My Tour From Abuja To PH/UYO by amaco12(m): 3:07pm On Apr 27, 2016
Ugomba:
South East NdiIgbo, pls Ignore this thread and let it die off.
The APC e-rats are at work to put division in the Political PDP structure of the South East and South South.
They have Failed woefully.. -Ugomba from Anioma Land

(1) (Reply)

90 % Of Nigerians Abroad Are In Support Of Buhari. / Mohammed Ali's Funeral - (in Pictures) / Pdp’s Ize-iyamu Tears Benin Palace Chiefs Apart As Candidates Step Down For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.