Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

What Went Wrong For Sky B? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Went Wrong For Sky B? (3508 Views)

See What Went Down At COZA Yesterday, Music Like Never Before. / Video: Sky B - I Am Calling / Who You Vote For? Ice Prince Vs Sky B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Went Wrong For Sky B? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 27, 2016
Sky B made name for himself in 2007 with his debut album “Pray For Me” which sold nearly 1 miliion CD copies minus pirated copies, what really made that album tick was the hit track “Am Calling” which made 9ja especially the Eastern part of Nigeria sit up! And go “gaga”. The other tracks where hits also, some done with slow emotion laden beats and some done with what was considered party beats back then, although compared to now, those party beats are outdated can’t match the current one produced now. Based in Portharcourt Nigeria’s Sky B was famous for how he mixes great vocals with local flavour producing a genre of Hip hop which we havn’t seen of recent. Year 2008 Sky B was tipped to become a long time member of Nigeria’s music industry, as bright and young as he is many expected him to become one of the pillars of 9ja music. For a promising talent who burst into limelight to vanish like that is beyond comprehension, So Sad

Re: What Went Wrong For Sky B? by Stanleywaxy(m): 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
Kai ! grin I use this guy jam kpake one beautiful babe for primary school then grin

1 Like

Re: What Went Wrong For Sky B? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 27, 2016
I remember those days,......gringringrin

Sky B

Re: What Went Wrong For Sky B? by wordbank(m): 3:42pm On Apr 27, 2016
Poor artiste management
Poor artiste vision
Poor creativity
Poor results
And now ...
Poor Sky B
Re: What Went Wrong For Sky B? by Alezy(m): 3:50pm On Apr 27, 2016
skyB never had a music talent. tried ones, was favoured. tried again and failed.

The next thing na to run go US go open shop

1 Like

Re: What Went Wrong For Sky B? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
[quote author=Stanleywaxy post=45093023]Kai ! grin I use this guy jam kpake one beautiful babe for primary school then grin
grin
Re: What Went Wrong For Sky B? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 27, 2016
cry
wordbank:
Poor artiste management Poor artiste vision Poor creativity Poor results And now ... Poor Sky B
Re: What Went Wrong For Sky B? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
Alezy:
skyB never had a music talent. tried ones, was favoured. tried again and failed.

The next thing na to run go US go open shop
cry
Re: What Went Wrong For Sky B? by Blakjewelry(m): 7:07pm On Apr 27, 2016
Pejah:
Sky B made name for himself in 2007 with his
debut album “Pray For Me” which sold nearly 1
miliion CD copies minus pirated copies, what really
made that album tick was the hit track “Am Calling”
which made 9ja especially the Eastern part of
Nigeria sit up! And go “gaga”. The other tracks where hits also,
some done with slow emotion laden
beats and some done with what was
considered party beats back then,
although compared to now, those party
beats are outdated can’t match the current one produced now. Based in
Portharcourt Nigeria’s Sky B was
famous for how he mixes great vocals
with local flavour producing a genre of
Hip hop which we havn’t seen of
recent. Year 2008 Sky B was tipped to become a long time member of
Nigeria’s music industry, as bright and
young as he is many expected him to
become one of the pillars of 9ja music. For a promising talent who burst into
limelight to vanish like that is beyond comprehension, So Sad
Sky lack talent, most of the songs were written by x.b the guy that did the chorus. I have even heard the original version of my baby. Sky b betrayed the guy that is why the second album was a flop, but x.b short for x . blue couldn't raise the cash for production back then though he has good hit tracks then. Now he owns soundcheque studios pH.

(1) (Reply)

Instrumental: Viktoh Ft. Ycee – Mad Jam (refix) [prod. By Merilbrown) / MUSIC: Charlie Puth Ft Kehlani – Done For Me / Davido Disses Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.