Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund (11206 Views)

EFCC To Begin Repatriation Of $200billion Dubai Stash, Receives Looters' List / Abacha Loot: FG Wins Case As Malami Heads To U.S. Next Week For Repatriation / Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by piagetskinner(m): 8:51pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hm
Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by bedspread: 8:53pm On Apr 27, 2016
[i][/i][i][/i]Hope baba is not looking for funds to travel!
Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by IceMan85(m): 8:57pm On Apr 27, 2016
He is busy talking about money while his brothers are busy killing innocent citizens and he can't even alter a word.

Maybe he is looking for money to funds his foot soldiers (herdsman) since they are preparing for war

1 Like

Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by DonCortino: 8:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
DrRasheed:
Stop calling mr president dullard. Is it because he stand on his words ? He adopted the most advanced technology in crushing boko boiz ? He revive nigeria in the face of the globe ?
Crush which BH? The people he has finally smuggled to d south to continue from where they stopped in NE?
Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by dubemnaija: 9:06pm On Apr 27, 2016
Bubu wan take style travel Switzerland. Leg Don dey scratch am again grin

Omenka the gullible fellow, come and see ur mentor

1 Like

Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 27, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Buhari is truly a hypocritical dullard.

Didn't he say Abacha didn't steal??, Why then is he expecting money looted by Abacha
Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by TheMascot(m): 9:12pm On Apr 27, 2016
sanandreas:
world Bank shouldn't repatriate any money. Use the money through UNICEF and USAID
see wetin human being dey talk

1 Like

Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by Fickie(m): 9:13pm On Apr 27, 2016
DrRasheed:
Stop calling mr president dullard. Is it because he stand on his words ? He adopted the most advanced technology in crushing boko boiz ? He revive nigeria in the face of the globe ?
Don't mind the hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by Bitterleafsoup: 9:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
DrRasheed:
Do you have any links to prove that? Let me guess you live abroad?
Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by marnboy(m): 9:23pm On Apr 27, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Didn't he say Abacha didn't steal??, Why then is he expecting money looted by Abacha

Note the statement "illegally taken" not stolen, if it where to be GEJ it will be "stolen"; the southerners will start to applaud him. I am not in support of looting, but i don't believe in PMB's integrity. He is too hypocritical and bias for a national leader!
Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by yemisat: 9:29pm On Apr 27, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
what is this one saying
Dont mind the guy, he doesn't understand the word repatriate. No be only UNICEF ko, na HIV ni...IDIOT
Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by 9jatatafo(m): 9:37pm On Apr 27, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
what is this one saying

No matter the amount of funds repatriation, not all stolen funds will be repatriated. Don't trust those white people. They are as wise as the serpent
Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by hyperflex(m): 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2016
Fine! Buhari means well for the country but I don't think the man is intelligent enough to push thru all this his policies. He keeps meeting debacles he never planned for or never prepared for. He had no blueprint to fight this corruption. He probably thought corruption is like a rat u will just root out not knowing it is a virus that has spread. And Machiavelli said "Anyman trying to be good in a multitude that r bad will eventually come to ruin". Sharpen you weapon of war before jumping to fight the enemy or enemies. Judiciary is weak, executive just spending money on flights, legislative r bunch of selfish bastards. Me I won't jump around for any House of Rep or Senator elect again. Those pple be filling their pockets since 58 B.C. unless if he's direct family. So I can say uncle hafar?? Back to Buhari. U goan collect all these money then push it into the same corrupt people's hands. Where is the bravery or sense?? Let judiciary indict one person @ least. Everything is excuse. Promise n fail. U do all this collecting then leave by 2019 only for the next president to spend it. Am glad all the youths are asking all the questions so one day someone will vex and give answers. Buhari has a good idea but bad plans to its realisation.
Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by Makamuanwuo(m): 9:51pm On Apr 27, 2016
TheMascot:
see wetin human being dey talk

Na ghost go talk b4?
Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by three: 9:57pm On Apr 27, 2016
which FUNDS?

He said in 2008 that Abacha never stole! Na World Bank "illegally take the money"?

http://allafrica.com/stories/200806090008.html

Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by banio: 10:05pm On Apr 27, 2016
I am very sure that you won't get that money until the whites have seen that ur snail government is moving.
Almost 1 year gone, notin to show.

#ISTANDWITH9JA
Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2016
what happened to the ones that were already returned? undecided
Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by holluwai(m): 10:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
Baba wan travel again soon be that so the money is needed to buy blackmarket fuel.
Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by billyG(m): 10:30pm On Apr 27, 2016
sanandreas:
world Bank shouldn't repatriate any money. Use the money through UNICEF and USAID
on whose Authority is d money US or UNICEF
Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by Okies27(m): 10:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
Bigmillz:
President Buhari has urged the World Bank to do all within its powers to facilitate the speedy repatriation to Nigeria of stolen funds still being held by Swiss authorities.

Speaking at a meeting with the visiting Managing Director of the World Bank, Ms. Sri Mulyani Indrawati, President Buhari said that the repatriation of the additional $320 million in Switzerland, which has been identified as illegally taken from Nigeria under the Abacha administration, will help to ease the current economic hardship facing the country.

Buhari assured Ms Indrawati that his administration was taking appropriate steps to ensure that public funds are no longer stolen or misappropriated by government officials.

‘‘We need the support of the World Bank for the repatriation of the funds. We are as concerned as the World Bank about accountability. If such repatriated funds have been misapplied in the past, I assure you that the same will not happen with us. Three hundred and twenty million dollars is a lot of money and we will not allow it to be misappropriated or diverted,’’ President Buhari told Ms. Indrawati.

One of the conditions given by the Swiss Authorities for the repatriation of the funds is that it should be expended on the implementation of social programmes for the benefit of the Nigerian people in an efficient and accountable way, guaranteed by the monitoring of the World Bank.

Buhari also assured the World Bank Managing Director that his administration will honor all agreements with the Bank that will help to stimulate Nigeria's economy and reduce the level of poverty in the country.
He said that Nigeria will welcome greater international assistance for the rehabilitation of damaged homes, schools, health facilities and other infrastructure in the North Eastern states affected by the Boko Haram insurgency.

Ms. Indrawati told President Buhari that the World Bank was ready to use its knowledge, expertise and resources to help Nigeria achieve faster growth and development.

‘‘We will strongly support you to create jobs and ensure prosperity in Nigeria,’’ the World Bank Managing Director assured President Buhari.
She also expressed the World Bank's full support for the war against corruption being waged by the Buhari Administration.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/202531-buhari-urges-world-bank-facilitate-speedy-repatriation-stolen-funds.html
. I thought he said Abacha didn't steal any monies and now he wants the Swiss bank to return the Abacha's loot. Nigeria is a joke
Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
Okies27:
. I thought he said Abacha didn't steal any monies and now he wants the Swiss bank to return the Abacha's loot. Nigeria is a joke
dats de type of government we na in
Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by jzdoberman: 11:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
Stop calling mr president dullard. Is it because he stand on his words ? He adopted the most advanced technology in crushing boko boiz ? He revive nigeria in the face of the globe ?[/quote]

.... BUT HE'S A DULLARD!!!
AND WHICH OF COZ U KNOW.
Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by Odogwuskido(m): 12:23am On Apr 28, 2016
SeverusSnape:

You dey mind the asshole. See his eyes....na to remove that eye glass from his eyes make him go partially blind. Dullard

1 Like

Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by dukecharles(m): 2:14am On Apr 28, 2016
Idiot people are being killed by his kinsmen madness, no comment from him, he is here talking about repatriation of stolen funds. BTW I according to this charlatan call Buhari, Abacha never stole any money from Nigeria. Shameless Bigot. God will judge him.
Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by amtaken(f): 6:10am On Apr 28, 2016
So that he will squander it.
Re: Buhari Urges World Bank To Facilitate Speedy Repatriation Of Stolen Fund by amtaken(f): 6:11am On Apr 28, 2016
"Abacha is not corrupt." - Buhari.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Presidency Clarifies Funding For 2nd Niger Bridge As N2bn Not $2bn / Governor Ambode Walks Against Sexual And Gender Violence (Photos) / We Wish Kwara Election Is As Credible As Osun Election - Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.