Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

There Is No God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is No God (4718 Views)

I Wish There Was No GOD. / If You Say There Is No God, You Are A Fool / Atheism: The “No-God” Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: There Is No God by Tasma: 8:43am On Jun 20, 2008
Thoughts, anyone?
Re: There Is No God by budaatum: 12:37am On Jun 11, 2019
budaatum:
I could attempt to post a position on this, but those who can comprehend would see right through me, so let me start with a question - its the best place to start! What is God? There! Answers on a postcard please!

I've read through, and can understand how unconvincing all those who say there is a God are. The arguments given here - and lots of better one's, have been used to attempt to convince me too, but they never worked. In fact, nothing makes one who does not believe in the existence of God disbelieve more than the lame attempts of those who would prove that there is a God! The chicken and the egg theory, as proof of God? How lame indeed! And to think one can quote a book about God to prove there is a God! What complete nonsense!

All the same, in an attempt at dishonesty, if you may, "In the beginning, God created heaven and earth"; well, he did, for those who would believe that stuff; and he placed Adam and Eve in the garden he created, saying, "Work! Produce! Eat! But do not eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge"! And thats what many do, they obey! For if they do not, they believe they would go to hell, or they might realise that they are naked, and who wouldn't believe in a God who makes me not seem like a mad person, walking down the street with no clothes on? I sure bloody would believe if I were afraid of being called mad, until I think about it somewhat that is, and discover that is exactly what a master would tell a slave, "work, produce, but do not enjoy the benefits of your labour, for its no good for you!!" And we wonder why the people suffer!

In an old Egyptian text, God said to Adam and Eve, "Produce and eat of the tree of good and evil and you shall become like us"! I can't but think of what my dear brother said in the book of John, "Do you not know that ye are Gods?" I suppose, only those who would dare to eat of the fruit of the best tree in the garden would dare to be naked just like the Gods, but that fruit is indeed not for mere mortals like some to eat, hell no! They would rather be slaves, who, after all wants to be the master?

Trying to convince a person who does not believe in the God one believes in is like saying another should believe in that which oneself believes to be so but cannot show to another. So are you really asking that one believe there is a God, or that one believe you? that others should have faith in what you tell them without showing them any evidence at all? Are you really asking others to accept that you know more than they can possibly know? And who are you again? One of those who has eaten of the fruit and become so wise that you would dare to know perhaps; Like one of those who has gone to the heavens and seen the God in his kingdom and come down to tell others to merely believe in the fruit that you ate while you were there, without bringing any back hence allowing them to partake of the eating themself? Let me laugh a little. Sounds like you eating a good meal there, then trying to convince me it tastes good without allowing me to taste any of it myself, to me! Or maybe you haven't really eaten of the fruit at all, but just believe because you were told it tastes good? Interesting! and I suppose you are asking that others take your word on faith?

I find it interesting when some tell others to believe; they do not know any better and dare not seek for fear they may find, yet neither would they allow those who would seek to seek! They sound like daddy and mummy saying, "Child, mind! The fires hot!" Isn't it much better to allow me to put my fingers in the fire and find out for myself? Hell no, I suppose, after all, you are your sisters keeper, or shall I just call you my master, while I'm at it! You love me and have to protect me? Why not let me learn to burn myself, I wonder? Did you just call me "slave"?

Many who would claim that there is a God, would hark back to statements from the book, which would depend on which one they have read. I myself have been made to understand that they were written in the printing press of God all the way up in the Heavens, so why would those who haven't seen, those who are without properly functioning eyes not quote it as if it, the book, were the God? But if I may, let me harp back to my brothers words by quoting, "The Kingdom of God is within you", and unless you want to perform an operation, opening me up, showing my insides to me to prove to me that there is indeed a God living inside his kingdom which is inside of me - Oi! get away from me with that carving knife, please! - I really do not know how you going to prove to me that inside me somewhere is the kingdom of God, his home, where he lives. If I do not know that myself already! Makes one wonder why it is written "seeing they shall not see, hearing they shall not hear", don't it!

I tell you the truth, if there is indeed a God, he created not only you who believes - no! - He created also they who do not know there is God. And since he done what he done without asking you or I, he must have his reasons, I say. As I used to say, if there is a God, and he created me, then he better come down from where he is and prove to me that he exists. All I can now say is, when he did decide to bother, all I could say was, "I didn't know you existed Lord"! But I guess I'm the lucky one, that he is some kind God, I would be burning in hell otherwise!

Still, the beginning is to know what it is that you talk of! Answers on a postcard please! What is God? Thats where one really ought to begin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian atheists should take several seats / To My Theists And Atheists Peepz, Y'all Need To See This! / Why Pray, When You Can Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.