Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This (6354 Views)

Mom Killed My Tomorrow - All Parents Should Learn From This Story / 10 Things Parents Should Moderate In Their Children In Nigeria / Nigerian Parents Should Stop This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by nobodyyyoo: 11:51pm On Apr 27, 2016

Here, we write about a case where a three year old child, Johnny, had foam on his mouth and had difficulties breathing. After taking him to the ER immediately, the mother was told that what happened was ”Secondary Drowning“ .

Though rare, secondary drowning can be fatal if warning symptoms are ignored. Anytime someone (children and adults alike) inhales even a small gush of water (pool, lake or ocean) it can irritate the lungs and cause swelling. Usually very little water is present in the lungs when secondary drowning occurs, but the small amount of liquid is enough to hinder the lungs ability to provide oxygen to the bloodstream.

source : http://lindaikejisblog.tk/2016/young-boy-died-after-bathing

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by chukxie(m): 11:57pm On Apr 27, 2016
This is a very informative piece. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by nobodyyyoo: 12:08am On Apr 28, 2016
chukxie:
This is a very informative piece. Thanks for sharing.
yeah dis is a front page material
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by oluaseunhashy(m): 12:09am On Apr 28, 2016
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by nobodyyyoo: 12:09am On Apr 28, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by ourkobo: 12:41am On Apr 28, 2016
I dey come
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by MsTIQ(m): 3:08am On Apr 28, 2016
Mums have to listen when the kid shouts( screams during bath, in case of this such situation
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by Twizzy30(m): 3:27am On Apr 28, 2016
Owk. Make I sleep small, I dey come
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by greyce: 4:17am On Apr 28, 2016
I remember when water entered little nephew's nose while he was bathing. He couldn't breathe well so mum turned him upside down while holding his leg n shook him till he became okay.

She learnt it at a hospital when d same thing happened to a baby.tho d baby died cos d mother didn't know bout it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by tempem: 5:28am On Apr 28, 2016
So, this boy bathing is a 10 year old boy? Well.. Aside from this falsified news. If it were a warning, it'd have been sound.

1 Like

Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by nobodyyyoo: 6:31am On Apr 28, 2016
tempem:
So, this boy bathing is a 10 year old boy? Well.. Aside from this falsified news. If it were a warning, it'd have been sound.
where did you see 10?
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by lordcyl3(m): 6:36am On Apr 28, 2016
so a boy was bathing and this happened.
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by nobodyyyoo: 7:23am On Apr 28, 2016
lordcyl3:
so a boy was bathing and this happened.
na so we see am o
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by icebebe(f): 7:40am On Apr 28, 2016
Kia,it use to happen to me o,i no wat i go tru anytime it does hw much more a baby
God have mercy

Mod pls move dis to fp dis is d kind of imformation we want
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by nobodyyyoo: 7:57am On Apr 28, 2016
grin
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by jflexy(m): 8:20am On Apr 28, 2016
Thanks for sharing. I shelves over to you. It should be on fp to enlightened other parents.
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by nobodyyyoo: 8:55am On Apr 28, 2016
;Dhmmm
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by OgidiOlu3(m): 9:15am On Apr 28, 2016
Great info. Thanks.
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by hopara1(m): 9:59am On Apr 28, 2016
Thanks for the information,but I will be glad 4 an alternative or better,solution!
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
always have an informed nanny around when old folks from the village come to do omugwo.

Real Life Cases
1: Mother delivers healthy boy and got discharged from hospital - Got home and granny bathe the baby with water soaked in herbs to clear up spotty skin (also know as milia which clears up within 4-6 weeks as the baby's oil glands mature). she proceeded to give the baby the herbal mix to drink.. baby convulses and grows pale and dies on arrival back at the hospital 3 days later

2: Mother delivers baby girl and got a clean bill of health. unfortunately baby is unable to properly suck her mothers breast for too long due to a condition known as ankyloglossia (tongue tie).. mothers mother proceeds to mix a salt solution with palm oil and rubs it into the baby's mouth as well as rubbing some salt on baby's lips - Results Lips peel and baby convulses due to high salt content in her body - lucky for her she is placed in ICU and survives

3: 1 year old drowns in a bucket of water while grandmum is sleeping - kids love water splashing and getting soaked. because of poor water supply in lagos, couples keep drums and buckets of water around the house for cooking and flushing.. baby tumbles head first and drowns

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by 0955eb027(m): 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2016
@Thanks for sharing. "Any sign or symptoms one should look out for, as its difficult to know what might be wrong with a baby"?. Again, how do one go about administering a first aid if something like this happens?
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by bastien: 2:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
Ah... Like seriously? Only Yahweh fit save us
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by singlefade25(f): 2:05pm On Apr 28, 2016
hmmmmm

Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by Lilimax(f): 2:21pm On Apr 28, 2016
Nice information on what we know already smiley
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by Temismith(f): 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2016
noted
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by dynamo77(m): 4:20pm On Apr 28, 2016
This has happened to me on countless occasions and nothing happened tongue
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by Flexherbal(m): 5:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
Thanks for sharing.
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2016
Informative thread. Thumbs up...
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 28, 2016
Na wa oooo, but na like this em been the bath me ooo
Re: The Boy Died An Hour After Bathing. All Parents Should See This by mytime24(f): 9:22pm On Apr 28, 2016
Trade by barter

50 litres of fuel xchange to dis Land tongue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Plz Help! Her Husband Has Suddenly Developed Sick Sexual Fantasies. / Your Shoe Size Can Tell Your Age / Still Bearing Your Maiden Name After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.