Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,126 members, 7,867,253 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:52 PM

Pls Stop Posting Another People Work Here - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Pls Stop Posting Another People Work Here (532 Views)

Free Property Posting / VERY IMPORTANT: Pls Stop Give Your Building Or Construction To Unprofessional / Federal Government Job Posting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Stop Posting Another People Work Here by nabiz(m): 7:27am On Apr 28, 2016
I have noticed in this property forum that some people and contractor here are posting a pictures of another peoples job to deceive a client. I know some of them and I will expose them if they don't stop it. Some of the pictures they download from online and post here. I would have suggested that whoever post a job picture here online should also post the address and contact of the job for reference but was also considering the privacy of some clients. Abi moderator how do u see am. I think this will help to reduce the fake contractors here. Pls stop posting a picture of another persons job herem be warned!

1 Like

Re: Pls Stop Posting Another People Work Here by delishpot: 7:37am On Apr 28, 2016
Best to ask for personal job portfolio through email. No need to leak the identity of other peoples residence by asking for addresses unless it is a public building.

1 Like

Re: Pls Stop Posting Another People Work Here by nabiz(m): 8:08am On Apr 28, 2016
The worst is that if u give these set of people the contract, they will rubbish the image of the job. What annoyed me most was my experience on monday. I was recommended by an engineer to a client who never new anything about stamped concrete job for a stamped concrete installation. After introducing my job to the man with pictures, he told me to enter his car that he wants to show me something. He took me to his friend's house who did a stamped concrete floor in his beautiful compound and asked me if this is what I mean. My brother I became annoyed by what I saw and was ashamed of myself because the work was very bad. He said and I quote, as u are here with all these beautiful pictures was how his friend was deceived. The worst was that he got the person's contact from nairaland. He showed me the link, and after going through the link, I learnt that 50% of the picture the guy posted was pictures downloaded from online(foreign work) to cut the story short, I lost the job. And this was a loaded man with cash who was looking for the best design for his beautiful house.
Re: Pls Stop Posting Another People Work Here by TouchstoneNgr: 8:37am On Apr 28, 2016
Sorry about the job you lost. It was never yours anyways. Fraudulent activities everywhere.
Goodluck with future clients.
Re: Pls Stop Posting Another People Work Here by delishpot: 8:45am On Apr 28, 2016
nabiz:
The worst is that if u give these set of people the contract, they will rubbish the image of the job. What annoyed me most was my experience on monday. I was recommended by an engineer to a client who never new anything about stamped concrete job for a stamped concrete installation. After introducing my job to the man with pictures, he told me to enter his car that he wants to show me something. He took me to his friend's house who did a stamped concrete floor in his beautiful compound and asked me if this is what I mean. My brother I became annoyed by what I saw and was ashamed of myself because the work was very bad. He said and I quote, as u are here with all these beautiful pictures was how his friend was deceived. The worst was that he got the person's contact from nairaland. He showed me the link, and after going through the link, I learnt that 50% of the picture the guy posted was pictures downloaded from online(foreign work) to cut the story short, I lost the job. And this was a loaded man with cash who was looking for the best design for his beautiful house.

Awww, so sorry. I would suggest you start taking a selfie with all your works. As in get dirty and take photos step by step and make a portfolio of it. People will be less likely to doubt you. You could also ask the person to give you some money to make small job sample in let's say one bathroom or pantry floor just to prove your point. Just say buy only materials and let me do it. If you like the sample job then we talk business. If you do not like it you get a free job O get to go without pay and my lost time. This will soften most prospective clients.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why Re-roof When You Can Restore? / What Kind Of Part Time Business Can I Go Into With A Capital Of 2m?? / Block Of 4 Flats For Sale At Akoka: Www.puvproperties.com.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.