Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Pls Advice My 10yrs Entitlement Denied After Resignation. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pls Advice My 10yrs Entitlement Denied After Resignation. (779 Views)

Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed / Got 2 New Job Offers...pls Advice Me On Which One To Take / Please Help Advice My Immediate Junior Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice My 10yrs Entitlement Denied After Resignation. by Aadeyinka(m): 8:20am On Apr 28, 2016
Good Nairalander,i respect your IQ and i need your advice on above subject. I worked in an indian company as a staff for 10yrs and which i resigned to go for business, acknowledgement letter was given from the company but on request for my 10yrs entitlement i was denied access, i went to mediation centre for resolution amicable but the dude company so cunning in dealings and full of excuses, claiming they did not write it in condition of service to pay but do pay whom they like after work "at their will" and efforts to collect my due was abortive. What next should i do, good advice please.
Re: Pls Advice My 10yrs Entitlement Denied After Resignation. by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 28, 2016
Aadeyinka:
Good Nairalander,i respect your IQ and i need your advice on above subject. I worked in an indian company as a staff for 10yrs and which i resigned to go for business, acknowledgement letter was given from the company but on request for my 10yrs entitlement i was denied access, i went to mediation centre for resolution amicable but the dude company so cunning in dealings and full of excuses, claiming they did not write it in condition of service to pay but do pay whom they like after work "at their will" and efforts to collect my due was abortive. What next should i do, good advice please.

hmmmm

Op, please you need to provide more details. In your employment offer letter, was it stated that you are entitled to 10 years entitlement (i do not even really understand what that means) or what??

Even in the Government sector, i do not think that there is anything like 10 years entitlement, you would have worked for 35 years or thereabout before being entitled to pension.

Please expatiate on what you mean by 10 years entitlement then maybe people will be able to proffer advice.

P.S most Indian companys in Nigeria treat their members of staff like slaves. i do not even know how you survived ten years there.
Re: Pls Advice My 10yrs Entitlement Denied After Resignation. by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 28, 2016
Chai, stories like this breaks my heart.

Op, I don't know what to advice. Let the experts come and offer their own.

As for me, I can only offer my sympathy.

Pls, pray, pray, and pray about it to God, that's what I do whenever I am faced with challenges.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice My 10yrs Entitlement Denied After Resignation. by psucc(m): 8:49am On Apr 28, 2016
Op the passion that push you to resign the appointment should be potent enough to let you forgo the gratuity.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice My 10yrs Entitlement Denied After Resignation. by stinggy(m): 9:10am On Apr 28, 2016
Since it was not stated categorically in your condition of service (to which you signed), the company is at liberty to pay entitlement to anybody she deem fit. Moreover,Indian companies are so frugal with resources.

Just take heart and move on please.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice My 10yrs Entitlement Denied After Resignation. by nurez305(m): 10:03am On Apr 28, 2016
Which company Is it, let me go and apply sharp sharp
Re: Pls Advice My 10yrs Entitlement Denied After Resignation. by onaf: 10:29am On Apr 28, 2016
You need to provide more details in order to advise you appropriately.

Do you have yur employment letter?
What about your confirmation letter?
Do you have a copy of the staff hand book?
Is it stated in your staff hand book that you will be paid gratuity after some years (minimum of 5 years)?

If the answer to all the above questions is YES,then you call pursue a legal case with the organisation.

If your company pay contributory pension.Then you do not have any money to collect from them since theamendment of the pension law in Nigeria.No company is obligated to pay you gratuity after paying the contributory pension.
You can clarify the above so that we can offer you the best advise

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy / Emirates Airline Is Recruiting For Female Cabin Crews. / Workforce Management Centre Latest Job Recruitment 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.