Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,387 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Buhari Silently Working Why Fulani Herdsman Keep Killing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Silently Working Why Fulani Herdsman Keep Killing (473 Views)

Why Fulani Herdsmen Kill - Ango Abdullahi Says / Fulani Herdsman Killed In Ekiti, Fayose Said Ekiti Should Not Be Turned To War / Enugu Cargo Terminal Have Been Completed But Not Working Why ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Silently Working Why Fulani Herdsman Keep Killing by pepigeorge(m): 9:35am On Apr 28, 2016
Buhari's silence on the prevalent killings of Fulani herdsmen is absolutely appalling. It's attitude towards his kinsmen total disregard of human life has left many Nigerians with curious questions like: Was it buhari's promise to his kinsmen? Is he trying to actualize his threat " both the blood of baboons and monkeys will flow if..." even after becoming the president? Is is a repetition if usman dan fodio takeover of Nigeria?
There have been a lot of murders of defenseless Nigerians by these barbaric Fulani herdsmen yet the government is telling Nigerians that he silently working on it. I wonder while he is not also working silently to quell the insurgency of boko haram or pipeline vandalisation of the Niger delta militants or the movement of Igbos. More than 300 civilians were killed in Aguta in Benue state, many people have also been killed in other states; Delta, Kogi and most recently they killed over 400 people in Enugu. No drastic measure has been taken only that the minister of information came out to tell Nigerian that the government is working silently to curb the menace.
I keep wondering what the basic responsibility of a government is if not to protect life. If this genocidal act continues and the law enforcement agencies pay deaf ear to the plight of the victim communities, peoples will lose faith in the government and look for ways to protect themselves.
Fulani herdsman move around with arms: riffles, AK 47, knives and so on unchecked. I wonder if they are above this law " illegal possession of arm"

In more civilized world, cattle are being rear in a cattle ranches. I wonder the type of country we are, where a senator in this modern time will propose a grazing out bill. Which state or community will give you their land to rear your cattle for free. The cattle are your source of income, you have to look for ways to rear it. You have to have plans to provide the feed for the cattle ( create ranches) instead of encroaching into other peoples' land and properties. No sane senator should support such an old testament bill.

I also wonder if the senators from these affected areas know their responsibilities to their people. It was ludicrous to me when the governor of Enugu state declared 3 days fasting after the massacre.

The president should wake to his responsibility instead of travelling around the world why Nigerian are murder every day by Fulani herdsman. He should set aside sentiment, and do the needful before things get out of hand.

Source: http://www.naijarex.com/2016/04/28/buhari-silently-working-why-fulani-herdsmen-keep-killing/

Re: Buhari Silently Working Why Fulani Herdsman Keep Killing by Benikuuse(m): 10:06am On Apr 28, 2016
The man is not silent, did you care to watch or listen to news? Switch to channels tv and AIT and get the latest measures government have taken to curb the menace
Re: Buhari Silently Working Why Fulani Herdsman Keep Killing by pepigeorge(m): 10:42am On Apr 28, 2016
Benikuuse:
The man is not silent, did you care to watch or listen to news? Switch to channels tv and AIT and get the latest measures government have taken to curb the menace
that was just yesterday. ..after...

(1) (Reply)

Wild Jubilation In Calabar As Workers Get Alerts For May Salary / Nothing Can Make Me Run Away From Nigeria - Bode George / VP Osinbajo Lied: State House Clinic Not For All Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.