Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,405 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Blueprint For Sustainable Dev. By A NL - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blueprint For Sustainable Dev. By A NL (395 Views)

Ohanaeze Sets Up Committee To Design Economic Blueprint For Ndigbo / World Bank, IMF Put Pressure On Buhari To Come Up With Economic Blueprint / Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Blueprint For Sustainable Dev. By A NL by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 28, 2016
BLUEPRINT FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA WRITTEN BY ONASE.

It is said that a man with a dream has a vision,in comparism to my topic;for us to achieve our dream state,some inputs need to be put in place.In my own opinion,few of these inputs are discussed below.

First,revenue:in my blueprint for sustainable development,i look up to see a state which will be autonomous where our God given natural resources such as River Niger and Benue will be dredged and a sea port will be constructed;this will bring about increase in internal revenue and make the state autonomous;rather than waiting for the state allocation from the federal Government always before state workers are paid.

Second,Employment: a state where youth restiveness is curb can boast of a superb economy & sustainable development in years to come;with the current population of Nigeria,it is practically difficult to engage all graduates & uneducated youth.I have strategise a plan known as get employed wisely(GEW).This plan is divided into two phases.PHASE 1 is for undergraduates and uneducated while PHASE 2 is for graduates.
Phase 1: this phase comprise of the you and I scheme.All undergraduates learn a skilled labour during their holidays.There will be an agreement between technicians,art men such as mechanics,welders,painters e.t.c to teach them while graduates are engage in a one year training after which they will be given loan to start up their own business;i believe in a state where the youths are self employed rather than waiting for white collar Jobs.

Third,electricicy;a state with stable power supply will attract investors.I hope to tackle the issue of electricity just like Israel.I will switch part of the state to solar while some parts will use windmill.I dont intend using the state revenue because this project requires a lot of money but i intend borrow from an idea used in my school.About five banks came together and signed an agreement with the school authority to build hostels;the rents will be paid into the "banks" account for a period of ten years after which it will be handed over to the school;this i intend doing in my state where entrepreneurs will finance the power project,operate it for a period and hand it over to the state power authority(such as AEDC,NEPA,PHCN e.t.c).I believe this will bring a latsting solution to unstable power supply in the state.

Fourth,road network;this will link towns in the state together.I am aware that the Eastern part of the state have in abundant palm oil,the central region are make good beads & clothes while the west have food products such as garri and fish in abundance.It baffles me when this products are cost in the state;this is attributed to the cost of transporting.When there is good route system,it will encourage buying & selling at a reduced cost.

Fifth & sixth,security;this can be achieved by assisting the police & other peace agency in the state.It is on record that the state Police have help to settle dispute,curb crisis(politics,religious) and tracking kidnapping and arm robbery.Their effort will be enhanced by providing more equipments needed for adequate policing.

Seventh,Agriculture;i intentionally made this point my last;a state with hungry citizens cannot produce efficiency in output.Youths can be engage in agriculture(from second point),a club/group can be formed;these youths cultivate & their harvested products are auctioned.
In conclusion,my blueprint for sustainable development can be considered as the seven point agenda of Onase which will bring about the development of our land.

(1) (Reply)

British MP Wades Into Fulani Herdsmen Matter / We Have NO Land For Grazing In Ekiti State - Fayose / How Nigeria's Corruption Became Fantasticby ONWUASOANYA Jones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.