Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings (37473 Views)

Ortom: President Buhari Ignored My Invitation To Benue Over Herdsmen Killings / Governors Running To Abuja Over Herdsmen Crisis, Are Shameless, Cowards – Dalung / Residents Flee Their Vilages Over Herdsmen Attack As Buhari Visits Nasarawa.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Orikinla(m): 1:54pm On Apr 28, 2016
Kongi don vex o.
Na grammar him go take scatter Buhari.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by emi14: 1:55pm On Apr 28, 2016
theV0ice:

Can you expatiate on why you think Soyinka hated GEJ?

Whatever made Soyinka to hate Jonathan is hunting everybody including him. Calling Fulani's herdsmen to order and reminding Buhari his constitutional duties, to protect life and property should be our priority.The past administration's shortcomings should later
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by theV0ice: 1:55pm On Apr 28, 2016
emi14:

Whatever made Soyinka to hate Jonathan is hunting everybody including him. Calling Fulani's herdsmen to order and reminding Buhari his constitutional duties, to protect life and property should be our priority.The past administration's shortcomings should later.

You're still hyperventilating my friend.

Explain what you mean by hatred of GEJ by Soyinka?

That's all I ask

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Dollyak(f): 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2016
LieDetector:
you my friend are a bigot. What has ethnic superiority/dominance got to do with this news?
This is the truth. Isn't it a disgrace no leader from SE has been able to call Buhari to order by at least sending a strong message? The people I have seen so far, rightly or wrongly, criticizing Buharis (Femi, Fayose, etc) are Yorubas. In the context of the coward jabs by the SE I find my comment appropriate.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 28, 2016
Dollyak:
If there is one thing I have learnt from this unfortunate event is that Yorubas are the most influential and most fearless ethnic group in Nigeria. No Igbo leaders would dare say some of the criticism I have heard from some Yorubas. SE people needs to go and do some soul searching because they have been found out on a massive scale. The response from your Governors was a disgrace.

Someone who could speak in condemnation in SE was Achebe, but sadly he's gone. The zone is filled with errand boys for now.

Another was Mbaka but he sold his soul to Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by LAFOCUZY: 2:02pm On Apr 28, 2016
This country is perhaps better described as a theater of absurd. Life in Nigeria mean nothing to the president. In other clan around the world the president will visit and make a public speech to condemn these evil acts in strong language. And will take action. This did not happen before and not now.Many criticized Jonathan at the time, now Buhari is doing the same. What a shame.

People! these folks in position of authority are simply incompetent and have no idea what governance is. You may choose to defend whatever government you prefer but at the end it will hurt everyone. There is no sense of direction where the country is headed, no direction,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by emi14: 2:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
theV0ice:

That's all I ask

I am not interested, people are dying and your still discussing Jonathan. Soyinka's emotions to Jonathan can't stop the massacre in Enugu. Do you understand?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
jerseyboy:
Soyinka's support for Buhari in 2015 was perplexing for a man of letters. So many were blinded by hatred for Jonathan that they failed to see clearly that they were marching us back to the Egypt of our Fulani internal colonial masters.
CIGOL upside down.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by 77Trumpet: 2:03pm On Apr 28, 2016
nnadychuks:
In Patrick's voice;it a regrettably hypocritical fareaytoty that the yearling feasibly fusihgondalised the herdsmen into epileptically fashoned gagantuanism and gorously kankarazed our fellow nigerians gringringringrin

THE HERDSMEN SHOULD BE TREATED LIKE BOKO HARAM FOR THEIR ACT OF IMPUNITY SHEDDING INNOCENT NIGERIANS BLOOD UNNECESSARILY.NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LOAD.!!!!!!
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 28, 2016
ajebuter:
Finally some home truth from the revered Professor

Hopefully, he wont be detained or a file springs up from a source detailing his shady deals in the past, thus warranting nocturnal visits from DSS and EFCC

Because that's how it is in Naija these days..
Ok
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by theV0ice: 2:05pm On Apr 28, 2016
emi14:

I am not interested, people are dying and your still discussing Jonathan. Soyinka's emotions to Jonathan can't stop the massacre in Enugu. Do you understand?

Then you should have ignored my post which was in response to a poster who talked of a GEJ hatred.

Next time, check the context before jumping in. Do you understand?

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by ejihand(m): 2:05pm On Apr 28, 2016
Dollyak:
If there is one thing I have learnt from this unfortunate event is that Yorubas are the most influential and most fearless ethnic group in Nigeria. No Igbo leaders would dare say some of the criticism I have heard from some Yorubas. SE people needs to go and do some soul searching because they have been found out on a massive scale. The response from your Governors was a disgrace.

I owe you a crate of beer when next you visit East. Naked truth! One governor even recommended fasting and prayers instead of calling a spade a spade. Like i said, visit East and be my guest.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by czaratwork: 2:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
My cousin was saved from the Uzo uwani massacre because he does not live with the indigenes.

E fit be you o.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 28, 2016
theV0ice:

That's all I ask
he can't answer that query. his comments were a dead-on-arrival.

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by vinscent: 2:10pm On Apr 28, 2016
Heartless man,he could talk when it becomes his problem with them naw...not when others were suffering from fulani invasion...I hold nothing against you but you seems to care about yourself alone with all the respect we Nigerians got for you...
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by LieDetector(m): 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2016
Dollyak:
This is the truth. Isn't it a disgrace no leader from SE has been able to call Buhari to order by at least sending a strong message? The people I have seen so far, rightly or wrongly, criticizing Buharis (Femi, Fayose, etc) are Yorubas. In the context of the coward jabs by the SE I find my comment appropriate.
It's very wrong of you to make such a hasty generalization. It's understandable that you perhaps haven't been keeping abreast with political discusses because if you have, you won't be coming up with unfounded assertions. For your info, The south east governors are in Abuja and the subject of discussion obviously should be on the recent violent attacks that have plagued enugu.

I'm SS if you don't mind

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by emi14: 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2016
theV0ice:

Then you should have ignored my post which was in response to a poster who talked of a GEJ hatred.

Next time, check the context before jumping in. Do you understand?

NO
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by CyberWolf: 2:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
Dollyak:
go and read what Bishop Emmanuel Chukwuma said about this incident!
http://tribuneonlineng.com/anglican-bishop-warns-against-looming-civil-war-•set-to-mobilise-ipob-massob
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by theV0ice: 2:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
themall:
he can't answer that query. his comments were a dead-on-arrival.

I noticed wink
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by AreaFada2: 2:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
jerseyboy:
Soyinka's support for Buhari in 2015 was perplexing for a man of letters. So many were blinded by hatred for Jonathan that they failed to see clearly that they were marching us back to the Egypt of our Fulani internal colonial masters.

More than perplexing sir.

But he was courted by virtually every APC governor/big gun. We saw the pics of them in his house.

With that, I kinda lost hope about any truth or principle coming from any Nigerian of stature.

I know Soyinka has been quiet over poor electricity, fuel scarcity, bad economy and more because he knows he risks being accused of flip-flopping. Aka talking from both sides of the mouth after his reluctant support for Buhari. Knowing Buhari's dictatorial and non-listening antecedents.

He could have remained silent and maintain neutrality instead of supporting Buhari.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by hausameat: 2:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
Naughtysite:
If the chief cattle rearer go hear..
That is the problem with any Fulani man, Buhari. He will never reason, obey but continue to undermine others.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by ricsman(m): 2:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
na tinubu write this story undecided
I see u late today

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 28, 2016
Anwulisomto:
Leaders from the SW standing up for the truth with braveness but our own is saying we should fast and pray.
And what wrong in fasting n Praying after all the Fulani Headsmen have attacked both d SW and SE.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by spafu(m): 2:22pm On Apr 28, 2016
Leave this English prof, na now you dey remember grammar? Who tell you say the Dullard of Daura go under all these you big big isms words? When you dey follow Ameach chop pounded yam dey shout GEJ must go you know remember say English dey. More recently wet you dey praise Buhari, you no remember English. Abegi
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by totorimi: 2:22pm On Apr 28, 2016
This is just the beginning, you guys ain't seen nothing yet by the time the fulanis backed by their 'oga' at the top are through with you all, it will be better that you were not born a Nigerian. From the West to the East they are traversing the country like a colossus and no one can stop them.

The question to ask is who is funding the Fulani boko/herdsmen, where did they get AK47 rifles from and the Hilux jeep they used, how manage did they mobilise all that number of murderers in one night.
You guys started crying too early wait a little bit more to see the other packages in store. All you that challenge the system will be given the Fulani boko/herdsmen medicine.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by TANTUMERGO007(m): 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2016
ricsman:
I see u late today
WORK! WORK! WORK!
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by ricsman(m): 2:27pm On Apr 28, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
WORK! WORK! WORK!
yeah
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Eberex(m): 2:31pm On Apr 28, 2016
grin
jerseyboy:

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Okanokan(m): 2:34pm On Apr 28, 2016
theV0ice:

Was it also the period of madness for Olisa Agbakoba, Alex Ekwueme, Pat Utomi etc?

Are they genuises? Maybe Pat Utomi, but they do make grievious mistakes that one is bound to ask are these persons really lettered.
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by theV0ice: 2:36pm On Apr 28, 2016
Okanokan:

Are they genuises? Maybe Pat Utomi, but they do make grievious mistakes that one is bound to ask are these persons really lettered.

Everybody makes mistakes my friend....even you wink
Re: Soyinka Blasts Buhari Over Herdsmen Killings by Abel202: 2:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
Now Men are talking, real Men.
Will Buhari listen?
Okuko nti ike n'anu ihe n'ite m ji esi ofe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Buhari, Forget Pride And Go To Anambra For Knowledge" - Ben Bruce / Nigerian Nickel Discovery Is First Of Its Kind - Australian Mining Firm / IPOB Members Block Uchechukwu Ogah's Convoy In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.