Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov (23217 Views)

Donald Trump Strikes Syria Hard. Russians Ordered To Leave An Airbase. / Why Russians Wanted Donald Trump To Win. / Putin Orders Russians Abroad To Return Home As He Prepares For World War III (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by rolando89: 11:42am On Apr 28, 2016
Yuri Borisov is much in news these days. Everyday there is a news release from him about the new technologies Russia is getting, inventing or buying from world. Russias military built or modernized more than 1200 aircraft. Russia orders 30 more yak 130 trainers. Russian mass producing of ww3 missiles production finishes. Russia to receive over 30 new su-30 fighter aircraft. There are lots of news post about these and discussion in the defense.
I had selected some various post from the news for a notice here. Forum was not allowing me much link addition on the the thread. So please research on the above things I shared you will get them.
If Russia is getting ready for next world war ?
If Russia is empowering to fight terrorism ?
Or will they want to be a stronger power ?

Like to know your thoughts. Thanks for visiting and reading.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by chriskosherbal(m): 11:49am On Apr 28, 2016
From USSR to RUSSIA, still they are a force to reckon with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by rolando89: 12:01pm On Apr 28, 2016
chriskosherbal:

What you see as their future ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by jpphilips(m): 12:35pm On Apr 30, 2016
rolando89:
Yuri Borisov is much in news these days. Everyday there is a news release from him about the new technologies Russia is getting, inventing or buying from world. Russias military built or modernized more than 1200 aircraft. Russia orders 30 more yak 130 trainers. Russian mass producing of ww3 missiles production finishes. Russia to receive over 30 new su-30 fighter aircraft. There are lots of news post about these and discussion in the defense.
I had selected some various post from the news for a notice here. Forum was not allowing me much link addition on the the thread. So please research on the above things I shared you will get them.
If Russia is getting ready for next world war ?
If Russia is empowering to fight terrorism ?
Or will they want to be a stronger power ?

Like to know your thoughts. Thanks for visiting and reading.

Russia is threatened by NATO's expansionist agenda, just being careful that's all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by Adminisher: 3:54am On May 02, 2016
chriskosherbal:

Russia is lacking in some basic technologies for modern warfare. They need to up their IT game and improve EW capabilities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by Nobody: 9:40am On May 02, 2016
Adminisher:

Russia is lacking in some basic technologies for modern warfare. They need to up their IT game and improve EW capabilities.

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by rolando89: 5:26pm On May 03, 2016
grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by rolando89: 6:38am On May 06, 2016
I was reading about the S500 system and worlds concerns on it. US defense officials are concerned that the missile defense system S-500 of Russia's latest so "serious" that even the stealth fighter best arsenal Floor five angle must also "helpless".

It's just been said US defense analyst - Mr. Dave Majumdar presented in an article for The National Interest magazine.

"In fact, a number of new weapons such as S-500 Russian made many US defense officials are concerned that, even if the stealth fighter F-22 modern, F-35 and B-2 well hard to overcome them, "he wrote.

Russian defense officials hope, air defense missile system S-500 will soon be put on the payroll in the near future, however, no specific time yet to be announced.

Earlier last April, Russian Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov told RIA Novosti news agency that the deployment of this system is not in the plans of this year.

Regimental air defense system against ballistic missiles and long-range first for the world's wealth will be staffing to defend Moscow and central Russia regions.

"As a US official ever evaluated, although the defense industry of the Russian bear heavy losses after the collapse of the former Soviet Union, but Moscow is still trying to develop the modern air defense systems," the defense analyst Majumdar added.

Missile system S-500 by the Group Almaz Antei manufacturing and development. It is known that the group is finalizing the development of a new missile system.

S-500 is a long-range missile systems under the improved version of the S-400, is designed to intercept ballistic missiles at an altitude of 200 km. The system is expected to be able to intercept up to 10 ballistic missiles in flight simultaneously. This missile system radar has been extended compared to the S-400.

Air defense system S-500 is designed for superior can coordinate food ideas with the older version S-400 Triumf already being implemented in many regions of Russia annually. When S-500 unborn, S-400 is held as the most modern missiles and strongest in the world.

The S-500 has a range of up to 600km and could target shoot 10 targets simultaneously. This system is expected to operate the system more efficiently current S-400 from Russia and the Patriot Advanced Capability system of US-3.

Russia is aiming to replace the S-400 system in the S-500 system offers more Vietnamese. S-500 has a longer range of 150-200km and S-400 can destroy targets at the same time more than the S-400. S-400 can destroy targets 6. S-500 is said to have the ability to destroy ballistic targets at supersonic. The military expert reviews, combining air defense missile system S-500 is new on substance rather than merely a more modern version of the S-400 system.

Currently, the Russian defense industry has designed two new missile interceptor system S-500 is 77N6 and 77N6-N1-N. We will intercept the target style direct collision at supersonic speeds instead of exploding pieces at close range. The interceptor missile could also be used for the S-400.

Russian troops want a first battalion of 10 S-500 systems in payroll mighty to serve for the future air defense of the country. With these new enhancements, air defense missile system S-500 long-range is expected to become the "backbone" of battlefield air defense missiles in the Russian army in the future.

This system is expected to replace the air defense missile system S-300.

According to the world defense S500 looks like a strong missiles system, there is not any of such system in other countries. It can target any distance to distance target or targets in air. The S500 system can defuse missiles in air before they make any harm in land also it can target and destroy multiple missiles at once. It was a rumer or fact, not sure about this that Russian used this system during the war in Syria and had made a 400km safe area around there camp site. Liked it looks a wonderful tool every army should have ?

Here is why USA feeling it as tenstions an artcile covered by routers Russia will reinforce its western and southern flanks with three new divisions by the year-end, officials said on Wednesday, threatening retaliation to NATO's plans to boost its military presence in eastern members Poland and the Baltic States.

While Moscow accuses the Western alliance of threatening its Russia's security, NATO says intensified military drills and its plans for increased deployments on its eastern flank are purely defensive after Russia annexed Ukraine's Crimea in 2014 and backed separatist rebels in Ukraine.

U.S. Defense Secretary Ashton Carter said on Monday NATO was weighing up rotating four battalions of troops through eastern member states amid rising tension in the Baltic.

Russia has scrambled jets to intercept U.S. reconnaissance planes in recent weeks and made simulated attack passes near a U.S. warship in the Baltic Sea.

Speaking in Brussels on Tuesday, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg confirmed the alliance would deploy "batallion-sized" multinational units on a rotational basis in the east.

Andrei Kelin, a department head at Russia's Foreign Ministry, said the proposed NATO deployment was a source of concern for Moscow. Russia once held sway in eastern Europe as the Soviet-era overlord.

"This would be a very dangerous build-up of armed forces pretty close to our borders," Kelin told the Interfax news agency. "I am afraid this would require certain retaliatory measures, which the Russian Defence Ministry is already talking about."

Russia announced in January it would create three new military divisions and bring five new strategic nuclear missile regiments into service.

On Wednesday, Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu said the new divisions would be formed by the end of this year to counter what Moscow saw as NATO's growing strength.

Russian media, citing unnamed military sources, said the new Russian divisions would most likely be motorized rifle ones and number around 10,000 soldiers each.

"The Ministry of Defence has adopted a series of measures to counter the growing capacity of NATO forces in close proximity to the Russian borders," Shoigu said in televised comments.

The new divisions are likely to be deployed in military districts close to Russia's borders with Ukraine, Belarus, the Baltic states and Finland as well as Georgia and Azerbaijan.

NATO TO KEEP COURSE

"What we do is defensive, it's proportionate ... And therefore we will continue to respond," Stoltenberg said.

"There can be no doubt that what NATO does is a reaction to the Russian behavior in Ukraine. We didn't have any troops in Baltic countries ... before the illegal annexation of Crimea and Russia's destabilizing activities in eastern Ukraine."

He was speaking at news conference with NATO's new Supreme Allied Commander Europe (SACEUR), General Curtis Scaparrotti, who said he intended to continue NATO's response so far to what the West sees as a more assertive and muscle-flexing Russia.

"My intent is to continue that. I think that is the response," he said, adding NATO and Russia still needed to talk.

"I do believe we should have communication, it's how we ensure that we don’t have an accident or miscalculation. But I would reinforce this by saying it's expected that they adhere to international norms and international laws. And until such time, those communications will likely be limited."

Scaparrotti said he was in favor of arms supplies to help Ukraine "successfully defend their territory and their sovereignty".

In my news startup. I am writing about the same that why USA had tension from the Growth of Russian defense power at himachal news. Let see what you peoples though here and can suggest me some effective stuff to write about ?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by Hashiva: 3:45am On May 09, 2016
S 500 looks a great system but still we are waiting for it. I see the thing that we can say something after looking it in action was that in action ? I read above it will be launched in 2017 but now there is no date of launch. there are many Russian plans like that which are in cold bag now, smiley

rolando89:
I was reading about the S500 system and worlds concerns on it. US defense officials are concerned that the missile defense system S-500 of Russia's latest so "serious" that even the stealth fighter best arsenal Floor five angle must also "helpless".

It's just been said US defense analyst - Mr. Dave Majumdar presented in an article for The National Interest magazine.

"In fact, a number of new weapons such as S-500 Russian made many US defense officials are concerned that, even if the stealth fighter F-22 modern, F-35 and B-2 well hard to overcome them, "he wrote.

Russian defense officials hope, air defense missile system S-500 will soon be put on the payroll in the near future, however, no specific time yet to be announced.

Earlier last April, Russian Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov told RIA Novosti news agency that the deployment of this system is not in the plans of this year.

Regimental air defense system against ballistic missiles and long-range first for the world's wealth will be staffing to defend Moscow and central Russia regions.

"As a US official ever evaluated, although the defense industry of the Russian bear heavy losses after the collapse of the former Soviet Union, but Moscow is still trying to develop the modern air defense systems," the defense analyst Majumdar added.

Missile system S-500 by the Group Almaz Antei manufacturing and development. It is known that the group is finalizing the development of a new missile system.

S-500 is a long-range missile systems under the improved version of the S-400, is designed to intercept ballistic missiles at an altitude of 200 km. The system is expected to be able to intercept up to 10 ballistic missiles in flight simultaneously. This missile system radar has been extended compared to the S-400.

Air defense system S-500 is designed for superior can coordinate food ideas with the older version S-400 Triumf already being implemented in many regions of Russia annually. When S-500 unborn, S-400 is held as the most modern missiles and strongest in the world.

The S-500 has a range of up to 600km and could target shoot 10 targets simultaneously. This system is expected to operate the system more efficiently current S-400 from Russia and the Patriot Advanced Capability system of US-3.

Russia is aiming to replace the S-400 system in the S-500 system offers more Vietnamese. S-500 has a longer range of 150-200km and S-400 can destroy targets at the same time more than the S-400. S-400 can destroy targets 6. S-500 is said to have the ability to destroy ballistic targets at supersonic. The military expert reviews, combining air defense missile system S-500 is new on substance rather than merely a more modern version of the S-400 system.

Currently, the Russian defense industry has designed two new missile interceptor system S-500 is 77N6 and 77N6-N1-N. We will intercept the target style direct collision at supersonic speeds instead of exploding pieces at close range. The interceptor missile could also be used for the S-400.

Russian troops want a first battalion of 10 S-500 systems in payroll mighty to serve for the future air defense of the country. With these new enhancements, air defense missile system S-500 long-range is expected to become the "backbone" of battlefield air defense missiles in the Russian army in the future.

This system is expected to replace the air defense missile system S-300.

According to the world defense S500 looks like a strong missiles system, there is not any of such system in other countries. It can target any distance to distance target or targets in air. The S500 system can defuse missiles in air before they make any harm in land also it can target and destroy multiple missiles at once. It was a rumer or fact, not sure about this that Russian used this system during the war in Syria and had made a 400km safe area around there camp site. Liked it looks a wonderful tool every army should have ?

Here is why USA feeling it as tenstions an artcile covered by routers Russia will reinforce its western and southern flanks with three new divisions by the year-end, officials said on Wednesday, threatening retaliation to NATO's plans to boost its military presence in eastern members Poland and the Baltic States.

While Moscow accuses the Western alliance of threatening its Russia's security, NATO says intensified military drills and its plans for increased deployments on its eastern flank are purely defensive after Russia annexed Ukraine's Crimea in 2014 and backed separatist rebels in Ukraine.

U.S. Defense Secretary Ashton Carter said on Monday NATO was weighing up rotating four battalions of troops through eastern member states amid rising tension in the Baltic.

Russia has scrambled jets to intercept U.S. reconnaissance planes in recent weeks and made simulated attack passes near a U.S. warship in the Baltic Sea.

Speaking in Brussels on Tuesday, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg confirmed the alliance would deploy "batallion-sized" multinational units on a rotational basis in the east.

Andrei Kelin, a department head at Russia's Foreign Ministry, said the proposed NATO deployment was a source of concern for Moscow. Russia once held sway in eastern Europe as the Soviet-era overlord.

"This would be a very dangerous build-up of armed forces pretty close to our borders," Kelin told the Interfax news agency. "I am afraid this would require certain retaliatory measures, which the Russian Defence Ministry is already talking about."

Russia announced in January it would create three new military divisions and bring five new strategic nuclear missile regiments into service.

On Wednesday, Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu said the new divisions would be formed by the end of this year to counter what Moscow saw as NATO's growing strength.

Russian media, citing unnamed military sources, said the new Russian divisions would most likely be motorized rifle ones and number around 10,000 soldiers each.

"The Ministry of Defence has adopted a series of measures to counter the growing capacity of NATO forces in close proximity to the Russian borders," Shoigu said in televised comments.

The new divisions are likely to be deployed in military districts close to Russia's borders with Ukraine, Belarus, the Baltic states and Finland as well as Georgia and Azerbaijan.

NATO TO KEEP COURSE

"What we do is defensive, it's proportionate ... And therefore we will continue to respond," Stoltenberg said.

"There can be no doubt that what NATO does is a reaction to the Russian behavior in Ukraine. We didn't have any troops in Baltic countries ... before the illegal annexation of Crimea and Russia's destabilizing activities in eastern Ukraine."

He was speaking at news conference with NATO's new Supreme Allied Commander Europe (SACEUR), General Curtis Scaparrotti, who said he intended to continue NATO's response so far to what the West sees as a more assertive and muscle-flexing Russia.

"My intent is to continue that. I think that is the response," he said, adding NATO and Russia still needed to talk.

"I do believe we should have communication, it's how we ensure that we don’t have an accident or miscalculation. But I would reinforce this by saying it's expected that they adhere to international norms and international laws. And until such time, those communications will likely be limited."

Scaparrotti said he was in favor of arms supplies to help Ukraine "successfully defend their territory and their sovereignty".

In my news startup. I am writing about the same that why USA had tension from the Growth of Russian defense power at himachal news. Let see what you peoples though here and can suggest me some effective stuff to write about ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by Hashiva: 4:03am On May 09, 2016
You can see Sputanik internation and Tass are full of news about it. But I dont believe its borisov who is electrifing the power.
http://sputniknews.com/tags/tag_Yuri_Borisov/
http://tass.ru/search?query=yuri+borisov

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by Julieharris559: 4:58am On May 09, 2016
Reading a story of tass "Russian Strategic Missile Force Commander Sergey Karakayev

According to him, Russia’s Strategic Missile Force continues receiving Yars missile systems with ground-mobile and silo-based missiles.
The Sarmat intercontinental ballistic missile is being developed to replace the R-36M2 Voyevoda ICBM, also known as the RS-20V missile.
Russian Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov said earlier that the new missile’s warhead would have a weight of ten tons.

More:
http://tass.ru/en/defense/874290"

A Ten tons weight missile ? What I think for better targeting and speeding up. It should have less weight. They maybe advance but looks not savvy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by rolando89: 1:12pm On May 09, 2016
Hashiva:
S 500 looks a great system but still we are waiting for it. I see the thing that we can say something after looking it in action was that in action ? I read above it will be launched in 2017 but now there is no date of launch. there are many Russian plans like that which are in cold bag now, smiley

Looks this is not something which they can stop and say it's not done. The thing have been in news views and talks from tbs start of its explanation. I am waiting to see it working.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by rolando89: 1:19pm On May 09, 2016
Julieharris559:
Reading a story of tass "Russian Strategic Missile Force Commander Sergey Karakayev

According to him, Russia’s Strategic Missile Force continues receiving Yars missile systems with ground-mobile and silo-based missiles.
The Sarmat intercontinental ballistic missile is being developed to replace the R-36M2 Voyevoda ICBM, also known as the RS-20V missile.
Russian Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov said earlier that the new missile’s warhead would have a weight of ten tons.

More:
http://tass.ru/en/defense/874290"

A Ten tons weight missile ? What I think for better targeting and speeding up. It should have less weight. They maybe advance but looks not savvy

you are right at your point. But take a look at one 100 tons tool which had got a speed of 6.8km/s
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RS-28_Sarmat

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by rolando89: 1:25pm On May 09, 2016
Sarmat can carry 10 individually targeted nuclear warheads

Russian deputy defense minister Yuri Borisov had previously said that the missile was capable of destroying targets flying across both the North and South Pole. Russia plans to develop several versions of Sarmat. According to NPO Mashinostroyeniya, the co-developer of Sarmat, the advanced version of the missile will weigh close to 100 tons. It will be large enough to carry 10 individually targeted nuclear warheads.

According to Yuri Borisov, the new ICBM’s range will be greater than 11,000 km. It is equipped with systems that can confuse enemy missile defense systems. Sarmat is a two-stage missile being developed under a highly classified project. Russia is undergoing a $400 billion military modernization plan. Earlier this year, President Vladimir Putin said Russian military will get at least 40 ICBMs by the end of 2015. Looks like a great tool even the weight is high and look at the targeting

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by Julieharris559: 4:37am On May 10, 2016
" WW3 Alert! Russia's New Missile Is Deadlier Than Satan, Could Wipe Out Texas Or France - Morning News USA,

ssia is aggressively thinking ahead when it comes to its missile system. Recently, it was found that the country is already in the process of securing a new replacement for its ballistic missile system. And it is expected to be more lethal than its current missile system, which has been nicknamed “Satan” by NATO.

Recent reports have revealed that Russia has determined that the Sarmat intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) will be replacing the Voyevoda ICBM in just a few years.

The new missile system is set to arrive in Uzhur in the Krasnoyarsk Territory in East Siberia and in the Orenburg Region in South Urals soon. The systems is set to become operational as early as 2018.

According to Sputnik, the new RS-28 Sarmat missiles are expected to be a game changer in nuclear war. It’s liquid-propelled ICBM can readily wipe out cities or states, such as Texas or France.

Like us on Facebook
Moreover, it is also said to be capable of traveling at higher speed, making it faster than any other missile defense system known to military today.

In fact, the Sarmat is reportedly a two-stage missile that has an expected operational range of 10,000 kilometer with a payload of four to 10 tons. Moreover, Sarmat is expected to carry up to 10 heavy warheads or 15 lighter warheads.

Russian Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov has said that the new missile’s warhead could weigh much as 10 tons, according to a report from Russian news agency TASS.

Manufactured by the Makeyev Rocket Design Bureau, Sarmat is also expected to be equipped with several countermeasures, allowing it to get past several anti-missile systems.

According to the Russian Strategic Nuclear Forces, the Satan missiles can stay in service for as much as 33 years.

Back in 2014 though, it was decided it will only remain service for just 27 years with the organization speculating that Russian intervention in Ukraine had something to do with the change in the missile’s service time.

Today, the Satan or R-36M2 is deployed in the 27th Guards Missile Army in Vladimir, 31st Missile Army in Rostoshi, Orenburg and 33rd Guards Missile Army in Omsk. The original plan was to reportedly keep this missiles in service until 2022.

It seems, however, that the Sarmat missiles will take over for the Satan missiles much sooner."

Its Today's post on Morning News USA, http://www.morningnewsusa.com/ww3-alert-russias-new-missile-deadlier-satan-wipe-texas-france-2376570.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by Julieharris559: 4:39am On May 10, 2016
looks its impressive all the time what they do. But Still I doubt what I believe light weight is a good thing for missiles. But yes as it needs to carry more acid inside it so weight will increase automatically. Have you peoples gone through this story ?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by Hashiva: 6:01pm On May 10, 2016
Satan is a great missile Russian developing. No doubt on its capabilities.

Julieharris559:

Its Today's post on Morning News USA, http://www.morningnewsusa.com/ww3-alert-russias-new-missile-deadlier-satan-wipe-texas-france-2376570.html

2 Likes

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by Hashiva: 6:03pm On May 10, 2016
weight doesn't count for its accuracy and speed. But yes more weight will need more energy to get speed. wink wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by simlaite31(m): 6:52am On May 11, 2016
Russia is a country that has initiated development of a latest heavy weight missile system(ICBM) for replacing its old satan missiles. There is a controversy over its weight but it doesn't matters against its destruction power, ease and accuracy says Yuri rusikov. Russia is always been far more ahead in next-gen technologies and this seems just like a mere development towards becoming a super power.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by rolando89: 6:58am On May 11, 2016
An intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) is a guided ballistic missile with a minimum range of 5,500 kilometres (3,400 mi) primarily designed for nuclear weapons delivery (delivering one or more thermonuclear warheads).Russia Is Building the Largest ICBM Ever (and America Should Be Worried)
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/10/l-todd-wood-russia-testing-massive-new-icbm-follow/ The news featured in Washington times today about its testing and worries.

News Initial summery says The Russian Strategic Rocket Forces are testing a massive new intercontinental ballistic missile that could overwhelm U.S. strategic defenses. The weapon will be the largest nuclear delivery system ever made and will be able to carry up to 15 MIRVs (multiple independently targeted re-entry vehicles) or in plain English, nuclear warheads.

Nicknamed the Satan 2, the RS-28 Sarmat will be the follow-on to the Soviet developed, NATO designated R-36M missile, which is aging and therefore being replaced. With its huge payload, the RS-28 will be able to destroy an entire country the size of France or the state of Texas. The weapon is being fitted with decoys and methods to make its flight trajectory opaque, in order to defeat Western anti-missile systems. If the tests are successful the weapon will enter production and be operational in 2018.

simlaite31:
Russia is a country that has initiated development of a latest heavy weight missile system(ICBM) for replacing its old satan missiles. There is a controversy over its weight but it doesn't matters against its destruction power, ease and accuracy says Yuri rusikov. Russia is always been far more ahead in next-gen technologies and this seems just like a mere development towards becoming a super power.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by rolando89: 7:05am On May 11, 2016
haha looks you need some energy too grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Hashiva:
weight doesn't count for its accuracy and speed. But yes more weight will need more energy to get speed. wink wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by rolando89: 2:42am On May 12, 2016
Wow, Our thread got a good notice from peoples, Today you see its discussed in https://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Russian_Army_is_Modernizing_Yuri_Borisov

Wikinews smiley But what I see its world interest on the countries Russia USA and china.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by Hashiva: 2:47am On May 12, 2016
Any News about how all test went Rolly ?

rolando89:
An intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) is a guided ballistic missile with a minimum range of 5,500 kilometres (3,400 mi) primarily designed for nuclear weapons delivery (delivering one or more thermonuclear warheads).Russia Is Building the Largest ICBM Ever (and America Should Be Worried)
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/10/l-todd-wood-russia-testing-massive-new-icbm-follow/ The news featured in Washington times today about its testing and worries.

News Initial summery says The Russian Strategic Rocket Forces are testing a massive new intercontinental ballistic missile that could overwhelm U.S. strategic defenses. The weapon will be the largest nuclear delivery system ever made and will be able to carry up to 15 MIRVs (multiple independently targeted re-entry vehicles) or in plain English, nuclear warheads.

Nicknamed the Satan 2, the RS-28 Sarmat will be the follow-on to the Soviet developed, NATO designated R-36M missile, which is aging and therefore being replaced. With its huge payload, the RS-28 will be able to destroy an entire country the size of France or the state of Texas. The weapon is being fitted with decoys and methods to make its flight trajectory opaque, in order to defeat Western anti-missile systems. If the tests are successful the weapon will enter production and be operational in 2018.

1 Like

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by Hashiva: 2:48am On May 12, 2016
lol, Yes I need some power. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

rolando89:
haha looks you need some energy too grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by Hashiva: 2:50am On May 12, 2016
Yes, world had eyes on the arm development of these countries. USA is power from the start these are recently growing and making a countable growth. Grt to see it featured there.

rolando89:
Wow, Our thread got a good notice from peoples, Today you see its discussed in https://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Russian_Army_is_Modernizing_Yuri_Borisov

Wikinews smiley But what I see its world interest on the countries Russia USA and china.

2 Likes

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by rolando89: 3:00am On May 12, 2016
Not any official news about it, but express news featured it as

Russia to test 'Satan 2' nuclear missile so powerful it could destroy TEXAS or FRANCE

RUSSIA is preparing to test a nuclear missile so powerful it could wipe out an area the size of France.

Defence experts say Sarmat has an operational range of around 10,000km - meaning European capitals as well as the east and west coasts of the US would be within range.

London is 2,500km from Moscow while Washington is 7,850km away. most powerfull plus point of it is which Worrying others, the missile has been designed with stealth technology which enables it to be fired at a target without being picked up by radar systems.

The Satan missile is thought to weigh at least 100 tonnes, including a payload weighing up to 10 tonnes. Julie have a look on it. you was confused about the more weight and less speed thing smiley

1 Like

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by Neruanmule: 5:53am On May 14, 2016
Wow Satan looks a wonder tool. My surname is Satan too smiley tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by rolando89: 7:48am On Jun 01, 2016
Great hahaha Do you mean Rushian made it from your name smiley smiley grin grin grin grin Joking.

Hey you all what you think about The Mil Mi-8 is a medium twin-turbine helicopter, originally designed by the Soviet Union, and now produced by Russia ?
Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by rolando89: 7:56am On Jun 01, 2016

1 Like

Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by Yuriborysov: 5:58am On Jun 06, 2016
The Russian army is widely using the experience of its anti-aircraft missile systems’ operations in Syria, Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said on Wednesday at a teleconference in the ministry.
"The experience of operation of aircraft systems and anti-aircraft missile systems gained during combat in Syria is widely used in the training process," he said.
The minister said previously that that the ministry was introducing "new forms and methods of combat training" with taking into account the experience of the (Russian military) operation in Syria. In addition, Russian Deputy Defense Minister Yuri Borisov said that the experience of military operations in Syria would be taken into account in the development of a new state armaments program.
READ ALSO
Three layers of Russian air defense at Hmeimim air base in Syria
Russia launched an operation against terrorists in Syria on September 30, 2015, acting at the request of Syrian President Bashar Assad. The main part of the Russian military was withdrawn from Syria in mid-March, however, the Russian Aerospace Forces continued supporting the Syrian government troops in the fight against the terrorists and after that, for instance, during the liberation of the ancient city of Palmyra.
A number of new planes and helicopters have been used by Russia during the operation in Syria. Russia’s new S-400 Triumph anti-aircraft missile defense system was also moved to the Middle East.
READ ALSO
Russian diplomat: Syrian army to take counter steps to prevent blockade of Aleppo
Moscow says Russian air group helping Syrian army to prevent another blockade of Aleppo
Syrian army, Russian aircraft keep fighting terrorists near Palmyra
Kremlin: Russian military operation in Syria restored potential of Syrian army
Russian army special forces participate in operations in Syria — commander

More:
http://tass.ru/en/defense/879437

What's New State Armment program yuriy borysova is talking about ??
Re: Russians Focus On Next-generation Technologies : Yuri Borisov by rolando89: 6:15am On Jun 06, 2016
This is the Russia’s State Armaments Program according to Carnegie Corporation of New York grant. Basically as Yuri said the plan involves modranisation of All Russian Arm forces, providing new equipments and development of new technologies to become supper power.

Russia’s State Armaments Program 2020
IS THE THIRD TIME THE CHARM FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATION?
PONARS Eurasia Policy Memo No. 125
Dmitry Gorenburg
CNA Strategic Studies
For the first two years of the Russian military reform program that began in October
2008, the top priority of the Ministry of Defense was reorganization. This involved the
transformation of the military’s division-based structure into one based on brigades, as
well as a shift in the ratio of officers to enlisted soldiers in favor of the latter. The last
step of this reorganization was the replacement of military districts with four
operational strategic commands, modeled on the U.S. military’s regional commands.
These are joint commands that control all of the forces on their territory, including naval
and air force units.
As this organizational transformation was being completed, top defense officials
increasingly focused on the need to rearm the newly streamlined Russian military. In
several speeches last winter and spring, President Dmitry Medvedev called for largescale
rearmament. More specifically, in a March 5 speech to the Defense Ministry
Collegium, he called for renewing arms and equipment at a rate of 9 to 11 percent per
year for the next decade, in order to reach a target of modernizing 70 percent of military
equipment by 2020.
This will be a difficult target to achieve. The current rate is less than two percent;
even the Soviet military of the 1980s averaged only a 5-7 percent renewal rate. In order
to achieve this plan, the Russian government is putting together a new State
Armaments Program for 2011-2020 (SAP-2020). This program will replace two earlier
programs enacted since Vladimir Putin came to power, the most recent for the period
from 2007 to 2015. What the previous programs have all had in common is that in each
case the government failed to achieve the program’s stated goals.
SAP-2020: What We Know So Far
The SAP will not be announced until later this fall, but some information about its
parameters has already begun to appear in the Russian press. The total size of the
program is still under negotiation. Back in May, President Medvedev announced that
total spending on armaments over the next ten years will be 13 trillion rubles, or
approximately $425 billion at current exchange rates. This would be a significant
increase from the previous armaments program, which allotted five trillion rubles over
a nine-year period. However, Defense Ministry officials argued that this amount would
not be sufficient to modernize the entire military. General Oleg Frolov, the acting chief
of armaments, noted that for 13 trillion rubles the ministry would be able to modernize
only the strategic nuclear forces, the air force, and air defenses. To modernize the
ground forces, an additional 15 trillion would be necessary, while the modernization of
the entire military (including the navy and the space forces, which operate Russia’s
military satellites) would cost a total of 36 trillion rubles ($1.2 trillion).
The definitive program budget will not be announced for several more months,
though it seems impossible for the Ministry of Defense to obtain anywhere near the full
amount it seeks. In late September, Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukov announced
that total spending for the armaments program would equal 22 trillion rubles, of which
19 trillion would be allocated to the Ministry of Defense and 3 trillion to other power
ministries. This would increase Russian defense spending to around 3.5-4 percent of
GDP, up from the current 2.9 percent.
The Air Force
The full parameters of the armaments the Russian military will procure with this money
have also not been announced, though some specifics are now available. The air force
will be one of the main beneficiaries, while the navy and ground forces are considered a
lesser priority. The Ministry of Defense believes it can modernize all of the country’s
military aircraft over the next ten years. The goal is to purchase 350 new fighter
airplanes, 1,000 new helicopters, and a number of new transport aircraft. This is a high
priority as most of the existing aircraft have reached or exceeded their original lifespan.
Specific air force procurement plans include:
T-50 fifth-generation fighter aircraft (PAK FA). Ten to be purchased in 2013-2015.
An additional 50-60 to be procured in 2016-2020.
Next-generation long-range bomber (PAK DA). Design began in 2010. Prototype
to be built by 2015. First units scheduled to enter the air force in 2020.
Su-35BM fourth-generation fighter aircraft. Forty-eight to be purchased in 2010-
Su-34 fighter-bomber. Thirty-two to be purchased in 2010-2015.
MiG-35 fighter. Currently in development. First units expected to enter the air
force in 2013.
Yak-130 training aircraft. One hundred fifty to be delivered in 2010-2015. An
additional fifty to be procured in 2016-2020.
An-124 transport aircraft. Twenty to be purchased in 2015-2020. Ten to be
modernized in 2011-2020.
An-70 transport aircraft. Sixty to be purchased in 2011-2020.
Mi-26 transport helicopters. Exact number unknown. Main focus of helicopter
renewal program.
Air Defense and Strategic Rocket Forces
The armaments program also promises significant improvements in air defense and
strategic rocket forces. For the former, Russia will continue to procure the S-400 air
defense system. Two air defense regiments were armed with this system prior to 2010.
An additional five were to be procured this year. The goal is to have as many as 23
regiments (of 8 to 12 missiles each) by 2015. It will then be augmented by the more
advanced S-500 system, currently under development and expected to be ready for
production by 2013. Both the S-400 and S-500 systems are superior to the U.S. Patriot
PAC-3 in maximum speed, range, and accuracy. Russia will also continue to procure the
Pantsir-S1 short-range surface-to-air missile, with at least 200 units expected to be
added by 2016 to the 10 already in service in 2010.
The strategic rocket forces will continue to receive Topol-M (SS-27) and the new
RS-24 ICBMs. The latter is a Topol-M variant with three or four multiple independently
targetable reentry vehicles (MIRVed) that began to be deployed this year. These will
gradually completely replace the older SS-18 and SS-19 ICBMs, as the service life of
these missiles is scheduled to expire over the next ten years.
The Navy
The procurement plans for the navy seem quite extensive, but are likely to be carried
out in full only if the Ministry of Defense succeeds in its effort to increase the
government’s total financial commitment to the State Armament Program. The strategic
submarine force remains a priority for the military and will be funded no matter what.
Financing for other projects, especially the larger and more expensive ships, is more
uncertain, though the commander of the navy recently announced that the construction
of a total of 15 ships and diesel submarines for the Black Sea Fleet will be part of the
armament program. Specific plans include the following:
Submarines
Borei-class ballistic missile submarine. First currently in sea trials. Five to
seven more to be commissioned in 2010-2017. Three of these are already
under construction. The project’s success will depend on the military’s
ability to get the Bulava SLBM to fly successfully.
Yasen-class multi-purpose attack submarine. First launched in June 2010.
Two to five more to be commissioned by 2020.
Lada-class diesel submarines. First commissioned in April 2010. Two to
seven more to be commissioned by 2020.
Improved Kilo-class submarines. If problems with the Lada-class
submarines continue, as many as eight of these could be built instead, with
at least three going to the Black Sea Fleet. There is also the possibility that a
smaller number of these would be built to be used in conjunction with a
small number of Ladas.
Surface Combat Ships
Aircraft carrier. This summer, the navy announced that designs for a new
aircraft carrier would be finished this year. It is likely that the construction
of one or two carriers will be included in the State Armaments Program.
Their actual construction is likely to take many years in the best of
circumstances, and it is highly unlikely that the Russian navy will have a
functioning aircraft carrier by 2020.
Mistral amphibious assault ships. Two will be purchased from France, with
another two to be built in Russia under license. Negotiations over the
purchase are still ongoing, but they are likely to conclude successfully in
the next few months.
Ivan Gren-class landing ships. Three to five to be commissioned in 2012-2020.
New destroyers. Press reports indicate that design of a new 10,000-ton destroyer
is under way, with construction of the first ship to begin in 2013. The hope is to
build 10 to 12 of these ships over the next 20 years, though it is unlikely that
more than two or three could be completed by 2020 in the best of circumstances.
Admiral Gorshkov-class frigates. Two currently under construction. Plans call
for a total of twenty to be built over the next twenty years. Of these, three to six
are likely to be built by 2020.
Krivak IV-class frigates. Given the slow pace of construction for the Admiral
Gorshkov frigate, the Russian navy is likely to build three or four of these
frigates for the Black Sea Fleet. Previously, these ships have been built for the
Indian Navy.
Steregushchii-class corvettes. First commissioned in 2007. Second launched in
March 2010. Three more are currently under construction, to be commissioned
by 2013. In total, twenty are expected to built, with ten likely to be completed by
In addition to these procurement plans, the navy has declared its intention to
restore and modernize the various mothballed Kirov- and Slava-class cruisers that it
owns. The Kirov-class Admiral Nakhimov (originally Kalinin) cruiser will be the first to
undergo modernization. If this effort is successful, the Admiral Lazarev (originally
Frunze) may also be modernized prior to 2020. The Admiral Ushakov (originally Kirov)
could theoretically be modernized as well, though most sources believe it to be a pile of
radioactive rusted metal, due to a combination of a 1990 reactor accident and a
subsequent lack of repair or maintenance. The navy may also work with Ukrainian
shipbuilders to finish the almost completed Admiral Lobov Slava-class cruiser. If this
project goes through, the three active Slava-class cruisers in the navy may also be
modernized over the next ten years.
Ground Forces and Other Equipment
Much less is known about procurement plans for the ground forces, in part because
they are likely to receive the least amount of new equipment in the next decade. We do
know that the military has canceled plans to procure the T-95 battle tank and will
instead continue to purchase T-90 tanks for the foreseeable future. The ground forces
will also receive Italian light armored vehicles, probably instead of the BTR-90 armored
vehicles that they had previously planned to purchase. They will also continue to
purchase Iskander tactical ballistic missiles for its missile brigades, replacing existing
Tochka (SS-21 Scarab) missiles in seven more brigades, in addition to the two that have
already been rearmed with Iskanders in 2010. It is likely that sometime during the next
decade, the design of a new generation of multiple rocket launcher systems will be
completed, with some likely to enter service prior to 2020 in place of the currently used
BM-30 Smerch systems.
In addition to platforms and weapons, the Russian military will focus on
improving its communications capabilities by upgrading its GLONASS satellite system
and procuring new digital communications and command and control systems, as well
as other high-tech items such as night vision equipment and better IFF (Identify Friend
or Foe) systems. Many of these items are likely to be procured abroad or developed
with foreign assistance.
Limitations
Whatever the actual details of SAP-2020 turn out to be, if the Russian government
carries all of them out, it will be the first time such a program is actually implemented
in full. Past programs foundered due to three reasons: lack of financing, corruption, and
the poor state of the Russian defense industry. All these factors are likely to play a role
in limiting the Russian military’s ability to modernize its weapons and equipment over
the next decade.
The large increase in funding promised for SAP-2020 may not be sustainable, as
it depends on a stable or rising price for oil and natural gas in coming years, which itself
depends on the continuation of the current global economic recovery. If government
revenues should falter, financing for the military will undoubtedly suffer as well. Even
if revenue projections are met, the increase in financing being discussed right now will
require a significant shift in government expenditures toward the military despite ever
more pressing needs in the civilian sector.
Whether the government will be able to maintain such a plan if its popularity
starts to erode in coming years is very much an open question, especially as it becomes
ever more obvious to the population that much of the procurement money goes to line
the pockets of senior military officials. Various press reports estimate that as much as
half of all procurement money is spent on bribes and other forms of corruption. Last
spring, the Audit Chamber announced that one billion rubles of military procurement
money was lost to corruption in 2009. Analysts argue that, without corruption, 19
trillion rubles would be more than enough to finance the entire defense procurement
wish list, rather than the 36 trillion that the Ministry of Defense requested.
However, the real question facing the armaments program is whether the
Russian defense industry can actually build the weapons they are being asked to
produce. The ability of the Russian defense industry to design and produce new
weapons has been declining for 20 years. The best workers—those left over from Soviet
times when the industry was well funded and a highly prestigious sector in which to
work—have retired or are about to do so. Few good people went into the field in the
1990s, when there was virtually no financing and the industry came close to collapse. At
the same time, because there was no money for equipment modernization, the
industrial plant began to deteriorate. By the start of the Putin presidency, even the
allocation of additional financing was not enough to counteract the decline in the
defense industry’s ability to produce high quality products. This decline will have to be
reversed if the Russian military is to be successful in producing new high-tech military
equipment.
This publication was made possible by a grant from Carnegie Corporation of New York. The
statements made and views expressed are solely the responsibility of the author.
© PONARS Eurasia 2010

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vladimir Putin's Letter To America On The Syria Crisis / Saudi Arabia Jails Fatima Al-Shawarbi 30 Years For Criticizing Neom On Twitter / Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.