Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

FCT Minister Whose Work Stand The Test Of Time. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FCT Minister Whose Work Stand The Test Of Time. (440 Views)

"Igbos, Buhari Needs Your Support To Succeed" - FCT Minister, Musa Bello / FCT Minister Orders End To Cattle Grazing In Abuja City Centre / "House Rent Should Be Paid Monthly In Nigeria" - FCT Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FCT Minister Whose Work Stand The Test Of Time. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
How is it possible that even after four successive FCT Ministers, El-rufai's name keeps coming up when infrastructural developments are mentioned? Come to think of it, how do I even remember these guys sef?

Hmm...Let me see, first there was Modibbo the immediate successor. As a result of his lack of ideas, he introduced a NO smoking in public places policy. If I'm not mistaken, I think I remember hearing that he himself was a smoker, a "private" smoker.

After him was Aleiro. One who took it upon himself to personally slow down the economic growth of Abuja. I don't know what the man's vision was with his speed bumps project but without doubt, it seems he wanted to accomplish two things with one shot by slowing both vehicle and time. In his defence someone gave the logical explanation that he must have gone into a business partnership with Abuja mechanics so that everyone could patronize them more often.

Ah and then yours truly Bala Mohammed, the one who's singular effort wanted to make Abuja an extension of Bauchi state in spite of the distance between the two places. The only significant thing I can recall about him is his composure and maturity in handling crises. I saw this when he was stoned with sachet water while addressing the crowd at one of those rallies. Seeing that he was not deterred in completing his speech, he should have been a lecturer and not a Minister.

As for the current Minister, I don't even know his name even though I learnt he wept on seeing the dejected, neglected state of one of the Abuja area councils. He must have received a bad news in the middle of the inspection tour.

I am not going to pretend or overlook the fact that these guys didn't do any positive thing while in office because I'm sure they did but they were not significant enough for people to be aware. All I'm just trying to state is that political appointments are not a form of monarchy, so when there's not enough time to do your best, at least do the best you can with the time you have.

(1) (Reply)

Troops Discover Boko Haram Terrorists Logistics Elements / TODAY In HISTORY: On This Day May 2 In 2011, Osama Bin Laden Was Killed / PHOTOS: Buhari Hosts APC Leaders At The Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.