Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Leave Ibb Alone, How Much Were You Paid? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leave Ibb Alone, How Much Were You Paid? (1242 Views)

Which Salary Were You Paid Last? / Apc And Pdp Supporters Were You Paid To Campaign / Have You Paid New Electricity Tariff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leave Ibb Alone, How Much Were You Paid? by mowapa(m): 3:48pm On Nov 16, 2006
Why Abiola’s daughter shouldn't campaign against IBB –Okosuns
By MUYIWA OYINLOLA

Gospel singer, Sonny Okosuns, has berated Hafsat Abiola over her on-going campaign against the presidential aspiration of former military president, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida (rtd), urging her to “leave IBB alone.”
Babangida had last week picked his nomination form on the platform of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), but Hafsat vowed to mobilize Nigerians against the man who annulled the 1993 presidential election, believed to have been won by her late father, Bashorun M.K.O. Abiola.

The evangelist who benefited from Abiola’s philanthropy advised Hafsat to rather devote her resources to mobilize family members on how to immortalize the late business mogul.

While acknowledging Abiola as his benefactor and hero of the nation’s modern democracy, Okosuns stated that Babangida like every other Nigerian reserves the right to contest for any elective office.

“What I’m saying is that they should leave IBB alone. This is democracy and every Nigerian has the right to contest for any elective office of his or her choice. Why is his entrance into the race generating this ripple?

“Why I’m saying this is because Abiola’s family, and Hafsat, to be precise, who went to the press to campaign against IBB, is pursuing a wrong agenda. Since the annulment of June 12, 1993 presidential election, and Abiola’s subsequent death, what has the family done to write Abiola’s name in gold? They executed his will, there’s nothing bad in that, and they all went their different ways, none of them has moved to institute a project in Abiola’s name.

“But now that IBB has come out, they want to form a group to fight him, this is unfair. Why not mobilize that group to pool resources together and build hospitals, factories, motherless babies homes, or any other thing that the great man stood for in his life time.”

Okosuns, who is also president and founder, House of Prayers Ministries, Lagos, however, said that he was not by any means campaigning for Babangida, adding that the fate of the former military ruler should be left for Nigerians to decide at the polls.
Re: Leave Ibb Alone, How Much Were You Paid? by lewa(m): 3:59pm On Nov 16, 2006
Okosuns is a chameleon.Green snake in clergy robes, imagine the fetid and putrid odor emanating from his gut that the monster should be left alone.He was seen crying and weeping at MKOs gravesite and see him now!Many of us don't have principles and are unscrupulous-Okosuns is a SHAME!
Re: Leave Ibb Alone, How Much Were You Paid? by mowapa(m): 4:01pm On Nov 16, 2006
Freedom of speech, that i believe is one tenet of human right that i try not to trample on. When so called pastors decided to leave the pulpit and make themselves available to ridicule, i am going to try and be of help.
 Now i do know that Okosun like everyone has an opinion, but in a situation where IBB issue has become a divider instead of unifying us,  the least i expect from the pulpit is being an advocate for one side. So papa sunny abeg no spoil Ur name on this issue abeg!
Re: Leave Ibb Alone, How Much Were You Paid? by BigB11(m): 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2006
Wow I've got to read it again.

I've said it before and I will say it again.

This issue, Folks against IBB reminds me of black men crying or blaming white men for their cascading failure in America.

Folks need to analyze selves and clean your back yard before pointing finger.

Bravo Mr. Okosun. I hope this arouses people up from their protracted dream.
Re: Leave Ibb Alone, How Much Were You Paid? by Odeku(m): 4:33pm On Nov 16, 2006
One of my best friend an IGBO man told me yesterday that some Nigerians are proud but they have no pride.  I was confused and still confused by what he meant.  He said everyone has a price and any person in Nigeria can be bought with the right amount of money.  I was shocked by that statement. I am looking at the current developments in Nigeria, IBB went to picked us just application, and some of the dignitaries that went to the PDP office is baffling, now we have a preacher that should be preaching the ten commandments saying leave IBB alone.  Well MR OKUSUN if IBB becomes president and jail you and you get poison in jail, will it be appropriate if we tell your children to go to sleep and eat pepper soup because their beloved father is dead?  IBB is paying people through his entourage, people do not forget he is a dribbler, and we will stop and disgrace this toothless general.
Re: Leave Ibb Alone, How Much Were You Paid? by BigB11(m): 4:53pm On Nov 16, 2006
ODEKU: You got it wrong again. You need to take your time and re-read the article over. There is nothing that signifies Mr. Okosun as IBB supporter.
He's telling the truth, educating dead heads and addressing a corrupt culture.

The article touched many points, but you've got to be bright to truly understand where Mr Okosun is coming from.

Please folks, do not let us diverge the objective of this article to a wrong path.

I do not want to go into MKO's family issues, but the article says enough; it is what it is, folks.
Re: Leave Ibb Alone, How Much Were You Paid? by mowapa(m): 5:14pm On Nov 16, 2006
Big B1,

PLEASE SCHOOL ME WHAT COULD BE THE OBJECTIVE OF THIS STATEMENT COMING FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS ACKNOWLEDGED BENEFITING FROM ABIOLA WHILE ALIVE. YOU KNOW WHAT! am leaving this article alone, it is what it is(full stop). one of the hallmark of being a singer is to praisename, but papa okosun should limit it to his new calling at least he has convinced us that he found GOD
Re: Leave Ibb Alone, How Much Were You Paid? by Odeku(m): 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2006
This issue is too complected, I am staying out off it, Big B1  just reading what Mr Okosun said is pissing me off, and I am trying to be

civilized by not acting on my emotions, I might be back after drinking some cold water to tell you what I think of Sunny Okosun.

If I may refresh your memory  do you remember ABIOLA was a close friend to IBB and Mariam?

He was betrayed and yet a prominent man like Okosun to make a bewildering statement like that is shocking.
Re: Leave Ibb Alone, How Much Were You Paid? by Jakumo(m): 5:19pm On Nov 16, 2006
When the chips are down, how many of us would truly be able to resist being influenced by IBB's wealth if we were in a position to help him get back into Aso Rock as Nigeria's next president and he sent over a brief case with enough raw cash to pay off the mortgage, zero out all the credit cards and educate our entire extended family in the best schools America or Europe has to offer ? ?

It is one thing to stand on the sidelines and call IBB the villain he is, but entirely another to be faced with the choice described above in real life.  Sad to say, but my scruples would have a real hard time not flying out the window if that briefcase landed on my doorstep in the dead of night.  Since that scenario will never ever come my way, however, I will solemnly repeat my parrot refrain : Death to IBB and his presidential ambition.
Re: Leave Ibb Alone, How Much Were You Paid? by Odeku(m): 5:42pm On Nov 16, 2006
interesting, but some of our leaders are already rich, why can't they stand and fight for the poor? why are they not speaking on this issue?

Why is the presidency. EFCC not scrutinizing all IBB accounts and dealings? was his father khashoggi or sultan of Brunei?

What was the balance in his account before 1985?

how did he become so rich over night?

I need cold water before i explode.
Re: Leave Ibb Alone, How Much Were You Paid? by BigB11(m): 8:15pm On Nov 16, 2006
ODEKU: do you want to know the truth?

The truth is simple.

They are not pointing finger or speaking out because it is extremely difficult be dirty and at the same time to call your next door neighbor smelly.

The system is corrupt and the culture is corrupt as well.

Our corruption issue is bigger than IBB.

FYI: out of all the presidential candidates, IBB is the only one that will not steal as the next president.
Re: Leave Ibb Alone, How Much Were You Paid? by mowapa(m): 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2006
@Big B1
That was what i thought when OBJ was running, he is one of the richest politician now. this indifference is what will finally kill off nija.
Re: Leave Ibb Alone, How Much Were You Paid? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 8:52pm On Nov 16, 2006
BIGGY you lie. he might even be the one to send all nigerians packing.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria 2007: Here Is The Dream Team ;the President And Vice President . / Share Prices Are Manipulated On Nigeria Stock Exchange / Prof Barth Nnaji Named The New Special Advicer On Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.