Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV (14715 Views)

Steps To Writing A Good CV / Simple Steps To Writing A Good CV For Young Graduates / Complete Step By Step Guide To Writing A Successful CV (with Screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by BISolutionsng: 9:54am On Apr 29, 2016
http://biempowerment.com/2016/04/04/tips-writing-successful-curriculum-vitae-cv/
#WeLoveGraduates
#WeEmpowerYouths

Having a good CV is one of the first steps in getting the job you want. If you are a fresh graduate you may not know the first thing about selling your skills through your CV. If you are not a fresh graduate you probably have a CV already. So before you start clicking away on every job website and submitting CV hoping to book a job interview, you need to check that CV again to ensure it will sell your skills, get employers looking in your direction and land you your best job yet in 2016.

Kathy Cowen member of the Guardian Culture Professionals Network shared some top tips on creating a memorable and readable CV. Below is five of the tips.

Get the Basics right
There is no hard and fast rule about writing a good cv but there are some common sections that must be covered. Personal and contact information; education and qualification; employment history/ experiences; relevant skills to the job; interests and achievements.

Presentation is key
For your CV to be get viewed it must be carefully and clearly presented and printed on a clean crisp white paper. The layout of your CV should be clean and well structured. When making an application by post ensure you use an A4 envelope to ensure the cv isn’t folded or crumpled. Include your most vital information in the CV hotspot which is the upper middle area of the CV.

Tailor your CV to the role
To write a successful CV ensure you’ve read in detail the job description and person specification required and tailor your cv to those requirement. There is no such thing as a generic CV so every cv sent out to an employer must be tailored to the job. You don’t have to rewrite the cv every time all you have to do is adapt the details of the CV so its relevant.

Making the most of experience
Be very selective of words used on your CV. Use assertive and positive language under the work history and experience sections such as “organised”, “achieved” or “developed”. Relate the skills you’ve acquired to the job you are applying for. Describe results you achieved using percentages describe how they improved the organization. For example I created a filing system within the administrative department that saved 75% of time wasted in retrieving information.

Keep your CV updated
It’s crucial to review your CV on a regular basis and add any new skills or experience that’s missing. For example if you’ve done any volunteering job or worked on a new project, make sure they’re on your CV as potential employers are always impressed with candidates who go the extra mile to boost their own skills and experience.

Now you have the tools needed get cracking on creating that CV that’ll sell your skills and get employers looking in your direction.

I wish you the best on your journey towards greatness.

Tosin Adekanmbi

BI Solutions Nigeria

10 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by nairaman66(m): 6:49am On Apr 30, 2016
Impressive article!! Good luck to all the job seekers out there!! God will surely bless your hustle!! Amen!!

2 Likes

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by simplemach(m): 6:49am On Apr 30, 2016
Nigeria today na by writing CV...? when people who know their "way" even resume work sometimes before submitting the so called CV.

3 Likes

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by DICKtator: 6:50am On Apr 30, 2016
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by sharisto(m): 6:50am On Apr 30, 2016
ok, no problem, let me piss I just woke up n my letter is............u knw 4d guys in d house.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by sharisto(m): 6:51am On Apr 30, 2016
ok, no problem, let me piss I just woke up n my letter I is............u knw 4d guys in d house.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by emmanuelpopson(m): 6:51am On Apr 30, 2016
front page things... its all about God

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by Jobsdome: 6:52am On Apr 30, 2016
Good tips see cover letter sample Here
Job Vacancies always available at www.tipsdome.com/category/jobs

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by Adunbi2(m): 6:54am On Apr 30, 2016
Noted thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by nmreports: 6:54am On Apr 30, 2016
Too many tips lately.
About CVS, cover letters, applications and how to get jobs easily, view this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/2835452/tagged-serious-simple-ways-get

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by jarvis4: 7:02am On Apr 30, 2016
For 9ja..... Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by Vveni(m): 7:06am On Apr 30, 2016
You guys and CVs everywhere!!! Hardly you see tips on how to write viable business plans/proposals!!

Guys create jobs and build your empires gradually. It may not be easy but extremely possible..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by dayoungmoney1: 7:14am On Apr 30, 2016
Cool tips. God bless our hustles.
#EntrepreneurRocks

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by olamds(m): 7:14am On Apr 30, 2016
Being Self Dependent Is The Best......But The Capital Is The Case.......

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by priscaoge(f): 7:20am On Apr 30, 2016
Helpful!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday to mua! kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by yemitty203: 7:24am On Apr 30, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by ochuko2020: 7:25am On Apr 30, 2016
Na GOD sure pass

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by Adonike(m): 7:26am On Apr 30, 2016
A polish and well refined CV without the 'ointment' of God's Favour attached to it will only tantamount to a toilet tissue submitted in place of a test!

CV is good but...
God Rocks!

4 Likes

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by ednut1(m): 7:36am On Apr 30, 2016
in most cases what gets u d job is not ur cv. but ur responses to questions nd composure. anyone who pays all those cv writers is a joker.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by DONADAMS(m): 7:36am On Apr 30, 2016
hmmmmm,,,lemme wait here

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by Gerrard59(m): 7:38am On Apr 30, 2016
^^^^^

But the CV gets you to the interview. No be so? From there, you're on your own.

I recommend Jarushub to anyone that wants a powerful but succinct CV.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by KingRex1(m): 7:51am On Apr 30, 2016
priscaoge:
Helpful!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday to mua! kiss kiss kiss
Happy birthday!

2 Likes

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by Mannylex(m): 8:03am On Apr 30, 2016
Ok....

But what shall it profit you to have a wonderful and mindblowing cv and then fail test and/or interview??

For most professional jobs, What actually gets you the Job is not the CV, but what you can offer as well as achievements.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by ademasta(m): 8:08am On Apr 30, 2016
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by Ushiefrank(m): 8:29am On Apr 30, 2016
Ok. On my own going greatly with my skill

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:30am On Apr 30, 2016
cool

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by numericalguy(m): 8:31am On Apr 30, 2016
this geh ugly sha

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by priscaoge(f): 8:52am On Apr 30, 2016
KingRex1:
Happy birthday!

Thanks Dear

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by currency10(m): 9:08am On Apr 30, 2016
Not your cv that give you a job but is God and how you answer the questions during your interview.

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by Mekanus(m): 9:27am On Apr 30, 2016
Adonike:
A polish and well refined CV without the 'ointment' of God's Favour attached to it will only tantamount to a toilet tissue submitted in place of a test!

CV is good but...
God Rocks!
Bullshit!! god my ass

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by nkemjacob2(m): 12:07pm On Apr 30, 2016
The best c,v is handwork and entrepreneuer minded in nigeria. No matter how u design ur c,v finish no job

1 Like

Re: Tosin Adekanmbi, Shares Tips On Writing A Successful CV by loomer: 12:47pm On Apr 30, 2016
Make una leave CV and job jare. Nothing concern how ur CV look and u not getting job. Nigeria things too dey different

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ikeja Electric Latest Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / Nestle 2016 Recruitment Thread / How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.