Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,608 members, 7,955,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:26 PM

How To Fix Accidentally Deleted Wordpress Index.php File - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Fix Accidentally Deleted Wordpress Index.php File (3822 Views)

Wordpress Expert Needed To Edit The Author.php File / Mark Zuckerberg Says His Goal For 2018 Is To ‘fix’ Facebook / Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Fix Accidentally Deleted Wordpress Index.php File by Betboss(m): 10:04am On Apr 29, 2016
How To Fix A Deleted WordPress index.php File

It's always important to backup your WordPress site. This will help you if anything goes wrong. You can easily upload the backup and your site is back.

One crazy mistake a webmaster can make sometimes is to the delete the WordPress index.php file which loads the homepage of your wp-admin from where you administer the look and feel of your site.

In one incident, I made this crazy mistake, visited my WordPress site and it was showing something else.

Well if you find yourself in such situation, don't panic , because there is a solution. Simply follow the steps below;

Download the latest version of WordPress and extract the zip file.

Look for the index.php file located in same directory as wp-admin .

Upload the index.php file to the directory you installed WordPress in. The index.php file should be in same location as the wp-admin, wp-contents and wp-includes files.

Source: http://herokeys.com/article/how-to-fix-accidentally-deleted-wordpress-index-php-file/
Re: How To Fix Accidentally Deleted Wordpress Index.php File by Danisaint112(m): 4:38am On Oct 22, 2020
Please help how do I download the latest version of WordPress and how do I unzip it please? I need serious guidance on this. This just happened to me.

(1) (Reply)

6 SEO Link Building Strategies For Bloggers / Fresh Google Voice Numbers For Sale Daily / The Flyers That I Have Used To Advertise My Bulk SMS Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.