Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,030 members, 7,814,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! (25035 Views)

Estate Developer Wanted Urgently / Searching For Real Estate Developer To partner and develop a property / Estate Developer Needed For Partnership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by BiggyBamBam: 12:10pm On Apr 29, 2016
After buying two plots Jungle where Tarzan grew up (MOWE-OFADA), presented as in the mold of Lekki to me, I wanted to buy a plot that is at least not in that zone.

I saw some advert but the sellers must have thought they have seen another sucker. I Negotiated with the Lady, even though her price was on the high side. She told me, "Be careful so as not to fall into other Agents who are 419..."

Blahblahblah, I thought... Spoiling others to make herself look good. I knew what I was doing because I know this time, I would catch her if her so-called Plot of Land is in MOWE-OFADA in a scerene environment. Dont get me wrong Most places today were Bushes yesterday but to present it as though they are selling great land where people are already living, that in law is "PUBLIC DECEIT", instead they should come and say, Buy so, so and so land, it is not developed but in some years it will. Buy it as an investment!

You see, most of these people use MOWE because RCCG Redemption Camp is there and they knew that name would "catch" people hthen they use another Town that is popular OFADA and call everywhere MOWE-OFADA. Even as far as Ogere is now MOWE-OFADA, a town that is 30 mins is MOWE-OFADA. Just as I can say ILE-IFE is IBADAN, or SHAGAMU is LAGOS!

Anyway, through some things I learnt from Nairaland, most especially, the Forunmite called "LAWYER" and OMONILELAWYER.COM, I drafted the letter below.

Dear xxxxxxxx: (Dont want to mention the name)

INFORMATION NEEDED.

As discussed on the phone, and as advised by my Lawyer, I would still like to get a response in writing to my questions for documentation purposes. You will agree with me that we are about to embark on a Business venture, hence I need documentations for future reference.

1. I am interested in buying a Plot from your company and would want to know if the roads are paved.
2. Can I see the plan of the Master Plan of the general Layout showing the Landmarks, Major Roads etc.
3. Can I see the Survey showing the Coordinates and Survey Number?
4. Are the areas developed yet?
5. How is the drainage network?
6. Can I have the Coordinates i.e. Longitude & Latitude.
7. Is there a Transformer installed? How will electricity get there?
8. I want to know if there are street lightings installed.
9. What Documentations will I get when I make the first Installment?
11. Will I be shown the plot after my first deposit? My Lawyer has advised, It has to be in every documents I get from your company; the Block & Plot Number. He said even if I pay any amount as agreed upon as deposit, it is incumbent upon your company to show me the area and it has to be documented so long as I do not default in my obligations to pay the balance and I do not build on the land until I finish payment.
12. After paying installment, is there a guarantee that the price will not fluctuate thereafter and I be asked to pay the difference?
13. Do you have a Block Industry nearby, where one can buy blocks?
14. What is the cost the Documentation Fee and Survey?
15. After completing payment, am I at liberty to design and build whatever design of house I want for my family without following your own designs?
16. Am I allowed to erect whatever height of Fence I so desire?
17. When I complete payment, can I sink a borehole on my property, if I want to?

I really want to know before taking the next step, however, if there are any other questions, I will let you know.

Thanks.

After sending this message, she now sent an email saying,

"Dear sir,

Thank you for your interest in our estate. We are sorry that we might not be able to answer you any further as we have given you all the information required to take any meaningful and informed decision.

Have a great day."

You see she thought she was doing me a favor, that's a typical Nigerian seller for you. They will pressure you and act like they do not want your money until you are hoodwinked to come back. But I know, except HELL freezes over, my money would remain in my account.

I wanted the Coordinates, she sent the LATITUDE but omitted the LONGITUDE. So that I cannot pin point the Village Square she wanted to sell to me. When you ask these fake sellers for what you know they should give you, they become ANGRY...

Nairalander, you are FREE to copy this email and send to all the so-called MOWE-OFADA Real Estate Sellers, you want to buy land from. If they refuse to show you (Because it's your right) let them go hug a TRANSFORMER!

You can get Coordinates by typing the numbers on any of these sites.
https://www.google.com/maps
http://www.mapcoordinates.net/en
http://www.whatsmygps.com/
http://www.latlong.net/

Fellow Nigerians, Run away from 3D Adverts on Flyers and Websites!!!

121 Likes 14 Shares

Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 29, 2016

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by BiggyBamBam: 11:36pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ytechconst:
Its okay you engage a lawyer. People who fall victim dont know the importance. If you are buying any land either instalmental or outright endeavour to engage a skilled land surveyor and a good lawyer who has knowledge of property.

But most people do run away for little charges this professionals will charge them to do necessary charting and verification for them.

It is better you sacrifice 50k rather than loosing your millions.

That's the plain truth!

If one has N600,000 to pay for a Land and cannot spend N50,000 to pay for a Lawyer's Retainer Fee, then such a person must have his/her head examined.

Some would say they only have the N50,000 to put down for the land and no extra for a Lawyer. You see, I am not a Lawyer but but an ordinary citizen. I will advice such people to hustle another N50,000 to pay to a Lawyer. If it's N50,000 that would give you peace of mind, why not hustle it?

Some Lawyers would be ready to work with you for less but majority is N50,000/month. What I've decided is this, in any Land transaction, I will get a Lawyer involved at the beginning since I know I may not have 50K every month. If the Lawyer gives the "All Clear", I will be paying the installment, then when it's at the end to pay the last deposit, I will get the Lawyer involved again so that he will help to go through all the documents if they are CORRECT. That's spending N100,000!

Most Real Estate Developers are from hell! Some don't have human blood running them, they do not care how one suffered to get the money he/she now wants to spend. All they care about is their immediate gain and your pain!

One more thing, why is it that most Nigerians don't know how to to petition the POLICE/EFCC when cases of this land people rear it's ugly head?

1. Write a petition to the POLICE/EFCC.
2. If they don't handle your case properly, write to their immediate Boss
3. If the Boss is "playing" with your matter write and forward the 2 letters to the Director.
4. Give him 3 months (90 days), if he his office doesn't answer you, write to all manor Newspapers.
5. Make sure your have a picture of the crooked Land Agent so that when he is declared wanted, his faces would be on the Newspapers all major outlet.

Nigerians, do not be afraid of these people, they are PUBLIC SERVANTS who are there to serve us and not we serving them. Unless you guys take the Bull by the horn, you will continue to be played with like Pin Pong.

See, everybody has where to be reported, even if your lawyer is playing with your case and stalling time so that the one month Retainer fee would expire, report the lawyer to the Nigerian Bar Association

IMPORTANT WEBSITES:
NPF: http://www.npf.gov.ng/
EFCC: https://efccnigeria.org/efcc/
NBA: http://www.nigerianbar.org.ng/index.php
REDAN: http://redanonline.org/
AEAN: http://aean.org/

Study these websites and any point out any mistake, for example on the NBA's website. You should send a message to the NBA e.g. why is it that the NBA website does not display the location of a particular lawyer when you type in his/her full names in the "Find A Lawyer" link because it says "To Report a lawyer, you have to first find the lawyer. Click here to find the lawyer" yet if you type in a lawyer's name, it doesn't show anything. By so doing, they will fix it and thus, you are getting the system to work for everyone.

This is how to make Nigeria work, we must hold everybody accountable!

77 Likes 10 Shares

Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by drkay(m): 6:27am On Apr 30, 2016
I blv some of these so called housing Estates can actually be of benefit to the farmers. If they are made farmers Estates where farmers and agro dealers can make use of it for farming and production of farm inputs, ppl will patronize them, although, they won't be able to charge those huge charges but it's still better off than than scamming ppl of their hard earned money all in aim of buying into real estate. There's this estate off the main road along my hometown (Ayetoro), about 30 minutes drive from rounder in abeokuta. I doubt if there's going to be any meaningful development in that site in the nxt 30yrs.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by DICKtator: 6:40am On Apr 30, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by brunofarad(m): 6:40am On Apr 30, 2016
Ok
Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by nairaman66(m): 6:41am On Apr 30, 2016
Hmnn
Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by nairaman66(m): 6:45am On Apr 30, 2016
BiggyBamBam:

That's the plain truth!

If one has N600,000 to pay for a Land and cannot spend N50,000 to pay for a Lawyer's Retainer Fee, then such a person must have his/her head examined.

Some would say they only have the N50,000 to put down for the land and no extra for a Lawyer. You see, I am not a Lawyer but but an ordinary citizen. I will advice such people to hustle another N50,000 to pay to a Lawyer. If it's N50,000 that would give you peace of mind, why not hustle it?

Some Lawyers would be ready to work with you for less but majority is N50,000/month. What I've decided is this, in any Land transaction, I will get a Lawyer involved at the beginning since I know I may not have 50K every month. If the Lawyer gives the "All Clear", I will be paying the installment, then when it's at the end to pay the last deposit, I will get the Lawyer involved again so that he will help to go through all the documents if they are CORRECT. That's spending N100,000!

Most Real Estate Developers are from hell! Some don't have human blood running them, they do not care how one suffered to get the money he/she now wants to spend. All they care about is their immediate gain and your pain!

One more thing, why is it that most Nigerians don't know how to to petition the POLICE/EFCC when cases of this land people rear it's ugly head?

1. Write a petition to the POLICE/EFCC.
2. If they don't handle your case properly, write to their immediate Boss
3. If the Boss is "playing" with your matter write and forward the 2 letters to the Director.
4. Give him 3 months (90 days), if he his office doesn't answer you, write to all manor Newspapers.
5. Make sure your have a picture of the crooked Land Agent so that when he is declared wanted, his faces would be on the Newspapers all major outlet.

Nigerians, do not be afraid of these people, they are PUBLIC SERVANTS who are there to serve us and not we serving them. Unless you guys take the Bull by the horn, you will continue to be played with like Pin Pong.

See, everybody has where to be reported, even if your lawyer is playing with your case and stalling time so that the one month Retainer fee would expire, report the lawyer to the Nigerian Bar Association

IMPORTANT WEBSITES:
NPF: http://www.npf.gov.ng/
EFCC: https://efccnigeria.org/efcc/
NBA: http://www.nigerianbar.org.ng/index.php
REDAN: http://redanonline.org/
AEAN: http://aean.org/

Study these websites and any point out any mistake, for example on the NBA's website. You should send a message to the NBA e.g. why is it that the NBA website does not display the location of a particular lawyer when you type in his/her full names in the "Find A Lawyer" link because it says "To Report a lawyer, you have to first find the lawyer. Click here to find the lawyer" yet if you type in a lawyer's name, it doesn't show anything. By so doing, they will fix it and thus, you are getting the system to work for everyone.

This is how to make Nigeria work, we must hold everybody accountable!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by DICKtator: 6:48am On Apr 30, 2016
drkay:
I blv some of these so called housing Estates can actually be of benefit to the farmers. If they are made farmers Estates where farmers and agro dealers can make use of it for farming and production of farm inputs, ppl will patronize them, although, they won't be able to charge those huge charges but it's still better off than than scamming ppl of their hard earned money all in aim of buying into real estate. There's this estate off the main road along my hometown (Ayetoro), about 30 minutes drive from rounder in abeokuta. I doubt if there's going to be any meaningful development in that site in the nxt 30yrs.

Are you related to Suliyah?

Jennifer?

You know, Funky Akindele?

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by excellentmomma(f): 6:53am On Apr 30, 2016
BiggyBamBam:
After buying two plots Jungle where Tarzan grew up (MOWE-OFADA), presented as in the mold of Lekki to me, I wanted to buy a plot that is at least not in that zone.

I saw some advert but the sellers must have thought they have seen another sucker. I Negotiated with the Lady, even though her price was on the high side. She told me, "Be careful so as not to fall into other Agents who are 419..."

Blahblahblah, I thought... Spoiling others to make herself look good. I knew what I was doing because I know this time, I would catch her if her so-called Plot of Land is in MOWE-OFADA in a scerene environment. Dont get me wrong Most places today were Bushes yesterday but to present it as though they are selling great land where people are already living, that in law is "PUBLIC DECEIT", instead they should come and say, Buy so, so and so land, it is not developed but in some years it will. Buy it as an investment!

You see, most of these people use MOWE because RCCG Redemption Camp is there and they knew that name would "catch" people hthen they use another Town that is popular OFADA and call everywhere MOWE-OFADA. Even as far as Ogere is now MOWE-OFADA, a town that is 30 mins is MOWE-OFADA. Just as I can say ILE-IFE is IBADAN, or SHAGAMU is LAGOS!

Anyway, through some things I learnt from Nairaland, most especially, the Forunmite called "LAWYER" and OMONILELAWYER.COM, I drafted the letter below.

INFORMATION NEEDED.

As discussed on the phone, and as advised by my Lawyer, I would still like to get a response in writing to my questions for documentation purposes. You will agree with me that we are about to embark on a Business venture, hence I need documentations for future reference.

1. I am interested in buying a Plot from your company and would want to know if the roads are paved.
2. Can I see the plan of the Master Plan of the general Layout showing the Landmarks, Major Roads etc.
11. Will I be shown the plot after my first deposit? My Lawyer has advised, It has to be in every documents I get from your company; the Block & Plot Number. He said even if I pay any amount as agreed upon as deposit, it is incumbent upon your company to show me the area and it has to be documented so long as I do not default in my obligations to pay the balance and I do not build on the land until I finish payment.
12. After paying installment, is there a guarantee that the price will not fluctuate thereafter and I be asked to pay the difference?
15. After completing payment, am I at liberty to design and build whatever design of house I want for my family without following your own designs?
17. When I complete payment, can I sink a borehole on my property, if I want to?

I really want to know before taking the next step, however, if there are any other questions, I will let you know.

Thanks.

"Dear sir,

Thank you for your interest in our estate. We are sorry that we might not be able to answer you any further as we have given you all the information required to take any meaningful and informed decision.

Have a great day."

You see she thought she was doing me a favor, that's a typical Nigerian seller for you. They will pressure you and act like they do not want your money until you are hoodwinked to come back. But I know, except HELL freezes over, my money would remain in my account.

I wanted the Coordinates, she sent the LATITUDE but omitted the LONGITUDE. So that I cannot pin point the Village Square she wanted to sell to me. When you ask these fake sellers for what you know they should give you, they become ANGRY...

Nairalander, you are FREE to copy this email and send to all the so-called MOWE-OFADA Real Estate Sellers, you want to buy land from. If they refuse to show you (Because it's your right) let them go hug a TRANSFORMER!

Great job
Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by miqos02(m): 6:53am On Apr 30, 2016
hmmm

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by KingRex1(m): 6:57am On Apr 30, 2016
Engage an estate surveyor with a credible lawyer you arnt gona go thru all this mess. Some of these land sellers need you to pay a non-refundable development fees included in the land price (there should be a brief) which goes to setting up important facilities like mains, drainage etc

I believe those plots havent been seviced cus its new and no cash has gone into it. Thats probably why she didnt answer u with full details. Your dev fees would be used to put those stuffs in place

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 30, 2016
BiggyBamBam:

INFORMATION NEEDED.

Thanks.

"Dear sir,

Have a great day."

u speaks too much english,that's why she RUN!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by dayoungmoney1: 7:18am On Apr 30, 2016
Scammers everywhere trying to defraud innocent people. Thunder will surely fire all of them one by one. Thanks for the tips OP.
Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by Beulahsouvenirs: 7:20am On Apr 30, 2016
angrythanks, I will send this to that useless guy
Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by thunder74(m): 7:29am On Apr 30, 2016
BiggyBamBam:

I ![/b][/color]
You failed or ignored to tell us the price of the land they want to sell to you. If you want a land that fits perfectly into your descriptions above, go to Surulere, Gbagada or Ikoyi where the land is in Millions Naira not Mowe Ofada where the cost in most times are less than 500k.

You are right, most of the land on that axis are not developed yet as most of them are still inside forests. All you need to do is to ask for the title documents of the land, ensure that it is not under government acquisition and they bought directly from the original land owners. Then invest your money and watch it grow.

Even the Mowe or Ofada towns can not meet all your demands. I am a real estate owner, and a lawyer, I am familiar with all you said as there are many fraudster in the business like you have them in other businesses yet we still honest men in the business.

It will be wrong for anybody to base his judgment of a property on 3D images. Go to the land, study the environment, if you are okay with what you saw, pay for it but for anyone to expect a place like London in Mowe-Ofada for a plot of 500k, you must also be a fraudster too.

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by tempex88(m): 7:34am On Apr 30, 2016
MY style is that I go to the Omo oniles in ds location my seld and negotiate with the village head. I get up to 50% off. I learnt my lessons when I bought land from ds real estate people for 1.6m after they claimed giving me 10 discount whereas, omoonile sold lands dere 300-500k.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by infogenius(m): 7:37am On Apr 30, 2016
Lol!
Maybe the op set Jamb questions for the sellers.
Your requests were too much to handle but the money they want to collect is too small to run away with.
Nice on op
Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by tivta(m): 7:39am On Apr 30, 2016
Very informative, has anyone noticed how lagos state government no longer tolerates building of houses without approved plan? As good as this might be they need to speed up their approval process.
Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by Enasuarez(m): 7:41am On Apr 30, 2016
BiggyBamBam:

INFORMATION NEEDED.

Thanks.

"Dear sir,

Have a great day."

I quiet agree with you on some point in your write up but, it is foolishness to pay a lawyer #50k to draft this long question for you to ask the property seller. The documents you requested are should be provided to you physically if actually you wanted to buy the land.You should have requested for a site visit to access the place first before crucifying her.Some companies don't give their property consultants access to their estate layout plan, but should have requested for the site layout No, (MUPP/2014/LAY/07/WDE) this my company's (Emerald Garden City, along Simawa road, Opp RCCG New Auditorium). So you can chart it up in lands dept in Ogun n Lagos States. On making your first payment you're eentitled to these documents: 1. Congratulatory letter 2.Receipt of Payment 3 Invoice 4. Contract of sales. When you make a payment within 80% you get Estate covenant in addition and on full payment you get your Deed of assignment n Survey plan. MeritAbode Nigeria Limited developers of Emerald Home Series are known for their integrity in doing business in the Real Estate sector. Call Emmanuel 07066783333 for further enquiries

Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by eleko1: 7:45am On Apr 30, 2016
grin grin. Some of dis ratS now use Artist NAme to persuade People/Perpetuate their fraud .

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by ZUBY77(m): 7:52am On Apr 30, 2016
Lol.
Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by M4gunners: 8:00am On Apr 30, 2016
Just imagine that. Just every corner in Nigeria is either 5 Churches or 3 mosque yet our hearts are so wicked.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by codemaster2much: 8:03am On Apr 30, 2016
They use your relative as marketer, this makes it easy to convince you hence the need to be careful always
Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by money121(m): 8:03am On Apr 30, 2016
Ok

Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by realomonile: 8:05am On Apr 30, 2016
Okay

A plot of land located at Akesan Lagos state Along Lasu iyana iba going for 1.5m negotiable

Direct seller...

Serious buyer should call/whatsapp 08085310359, 09054800167

Hello Nairalanders, i have this land facing Lasu iba express way all round fenced for sale at rate of 70million Naira Negotiable,

Available document: Family Receipt, survey plan,

Side attract: facing expressway, close to Lagos state university, close to Iba New site estate and alot more

NOTE: This is dry Land...

Good for filling Station, churches, shopping mall,event center,schools and lot more..

Serious Buyer should contact Call/Whatsapp 08085310359 For inspection or call 08033588797

Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 30, 2016
tempex88:
MY style is that I go to the Omo oniles in ds location my seld and negotiate with the village head. I get up to 50% off. I learnt my lessons when I bought land from ds real estate people for 1.6m after they claimed giving me 10 discount whereas, omoonile sold lands dere 300-500k.

cheesy grin
Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by yomalex(m): 8:31am On Apr 30, 2016
BiggyBamBam
Good day to you Sir/Ma, kindly grant permission to republish this on www.tipsdome.com with necessary credits to you.
Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by dotcomnamename: 8:38am On Apr 30, 2016
[size=15pt]This is the Thread/topic of the month.

You just saved my money kiss[/size]

God bless you OP
Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by emmabest2000(m): 8:39am On Apr 30, 2016
BiggyBamBam:

INFORMATION NEEDED.

Thanks.

"Dear sir,

Have a great day."

lol ...
Re: BREAKING!!! Real Estate Developer Disappears After Getting This Email From Me! by prejulsuc(f): 8:41am On Apr 30, 2016
[quote author=nairaman66 post=45171187][/quote]thanks for this info

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Buy A Land In Abuja But A Friend Is Advising I Wait After Election / Three Storey Building Collapses In Fagba, Lagos, 12 Injured / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.