Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,451 members, 7,836,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London (73257 Views)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Cameroonian Lady Has Message About Nigerians Living Abroad (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by bayocanny: 6:41am On Apr 30, 2016
ADENIKETINA2015:

Thanks a lot
Let gives thanks to God...but I would advise you to go to US because to secure their visa is not an herculean task unlike canada and the best route to take is to apply as a student, canada will strain you their visa application process is rigorous, don't think I want to discourage you...NO I will never do that, am talking from experience because am also processing both canada and US at the moment.

If I may ask you what is your highest level of education?

In addition, you need to act fast because some school admission deadline are already closing, that is if you haven't apply to school yet.
Pls and pls I would also advise you to handle your application by yourself, it is very straightforward don't use agent because he/she might complicate your visa processing and the amount of money u will have to pay for agent isn't the same if you do it by yourself.....if you need any informtion regards to the above discourse feel free to ask
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by RichYoungNigger(m): 6:54am On Apr 30, 2016
mikolo80:
shes an illegal immigrant. you said anybody can get job in America. I need to advise d person.
Oh.
Illegal immigrants do get jobs.
She can get a $12 hour job
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by nateevs(m): 7:13am On Apr 30, 2016
bakynes:

I dont mean it dat way, i mean can i get companies that will be ready to process a work permit as a sponsor for me while on visiting visa over there. I know u cant work with visiting visa it is always stated on the visa.

The answer is NO. Quite possibly from a Tier 4 visa (and you need to be in a field with skill shortage), but almost certainly not with a visit visa.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by bakynes(m): 7:56am On Apr 30, 2016
nateevs:

The answer is NO. Quite possibly from a Tier 4 visa (and you need to be in a field with skill shortage), but almost certainly not with a visit visa.

Tier 4 is UK Student visa category guy. Am not taking abt the UK i am talking of the US dont even worry i already got the answer to my own question.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 8:21am On Apr 30, 2016
bayocanny:

Let gives thanks to God...but I would advise you to go to US because to secure their visa is not an herculean task unlike canada and the best route to take is to apply as a student, canada will strain you their visa application process is rigorous, don't think I want to discourage you...NO I will never do that, am talking from experience because am also processing both canada and US at the moment.

In addition, you need to act fast because some school admission deadline are already closing, that is if you haven't apply to school yet.
Pls and pls I would also advise you to handle your application by yourself, it is very straightforward don't use agent because he/she might complicate your visa processing and the amount of money u will have to pay for agent isn't the same if you do it by yourself.....if you need any informtion regards to the above discourse feel free to ask

I would have gone through the student visa route but the tuition is pretty high. I know none other can file for me except a direct relation, but how about I ask them to help process the admission for me?
Is it allowed?

I'm an SSCE holder

You've really been of great help so far. Thanks so much.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by kabasa1: 9:05am On Apr 30, 2016
bayocanny:

Bro you have really done well educating people who may wish to travel to US or Canada either for schooling or for hustle as well I rlly a thank n appreciate you for that n God bless you man, Im actually thinking in that direction that after my bsc here next year I would like to travel to the state so I will like to know the cost of processing visa here and even the cost of living over there because I don't have nor know anyone there?
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by bayocanny: 10:40am On Apr 30, 2016
ADENIKETINA2015:

I would have gone through the student visa route but the tuition is pretty high. I know none other can file for me except a direct relation, but how about I ask them to help process the admission for me?
Is it allowed?

I'm an SSCE holder

You've really been of great help so far. Thanks so much.
If I understand u very well, u have someone in US?
This is my advise....no need to contact anybody to process your admission or apply for school on your behalf because to apply is very simple, there are thounsands of universities and colleges with cheaper tuition fee in the US, infact you stand a chance to win scholarship if your have a good academic grades in your SSCE. Let me break it down for u.
Which course do you intend to study?
Do you have good grades in your SSCE especially in(math and english)?
Have it in mind that before u can be admitted into any instuition in US you will need to write a standerdize test(TOEFL, IELTS or SAT) and if you ace any of this test you will consider for a partial scholarship and it will boost your chances at the embassy.... My dear sister, if you want to apply for schools, quickly do because some schools admission deadline has closed
Remember, US instituition has three acdemic admission session.
1. Fall term, students who apply for fall term will resume school in august/sept it depend on your school of choices and prior to that resumption date you must have apply for admission let say january till may cus a lot of schools admission for fall term close in may,so from may to august applicant would have been given admission then ready for your visa processing.
2. Winter term is january
3. Summer term which is may/june

www.nairaland.com/2557843/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part
Visit this thread so that you will enlighten about what US visa processing is all about, the thread is information heaven anything u need to know about schooling in the US you will get it there, ask questions and people on there will reply you

Shallom
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by haul: 10:42am On Apr 30, 2016
maternal:
The UK is over populated. Why do people go there ? Honest question.

I need your help on the canada visa, I mean trying to work there, I asked you madam cause I needed a first hand experience, thank you.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by bayocanny: 10:53am On Apr 30, 2016
kabasa1:
Bro you have really done well educating people who may wish to travel to US or Canada either for schooling or for hustle as well I rlly a thank n appreciate you for that n God bless you man, Im actually thinking in that direction that after my bsc here next year I would like to travel to the state so I will like to know the cost of processing visa here and even the cost of living over there because I don't have nor know anyone there?
Good to know that you are about to finished your Bsc the best thing is to started preparation early and make sure you have a good cgp in your final year. Work hard on your academic and graduate with good grades, I bet the sky will be your beginning.
You can also check this thread as well
It is meant for information gathering and sharing on how to move to the US on student visa
My brother the process is very easy.
Am also a member on that thread, ask any question you feel like gurus on there will amswer you and give you a step by step approach on how to secure your visa easily, make sure you comport yourself when asking questions don't be rude ok, I pray that you will share your own testimony as you are about to embark on your american dream.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by kabasa1: 11:05am On Apr 30, 2016
bayocanny:

Good to know that you are about to finished your Bsc the best thing is to started preparation early and make sure you have a good cgp in your final year. Work hard on your academic and graduate with good grades, I bet the sky will be your beginning.
It is meant for information gathering and sharing on how to move to the US on student visa
Am also a member on that thread, ask any question you feel like gurus on there will amswer you and give you a step by step approach on how to secure your visa easily, make sure you comport yourself when asking questions don't be rude ok, I pray that you will share your own testimony as you are about to embark on your american dream.

thanks so much brother I really appreciate this and God bless you
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by justwise(m): 11:08am On Apr 30, 2016
maternal:

The UK is not over populated.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by marylandcakes: 11:13am On Apr 30, 2016
justwise:
Peckham in North London? Who wrote this joke of an article?

You took the words out of my mouth. Half baked journalism , didn't even bother to do research, tarred everyone by the same brush.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 11:17am On Apr 30, 2016
bayocanny:

If I understand u very well, u have someone in US?
This is my advise....no need to contact anybody to process your admission or apply for school on your behalf because to apply is very simple, there are thounsands of universities and colleges with cheaper tuition fee in the US, infact you stand a chance to win scholarship if your have a good academic grades in your SSCE. Let me break it down for u.
Which course do you intend to study?
Do you have good grades in your SSCE especially in(math and english)?
Have it in mind that before u can be admitted into any instuition in US you will need to write a standerdize test(TOEFL, IELTS or SAT) and if you ace any of this test you will consider for a partial scholarship and it will boost your chances at the embassy.... My dear sister, if you want to apply for schools, quickly do because some schools admission deadline has closed
Remember, US instituition has three acdemic admission session.
1. Fall term, students who apply for fall term will resume school in august/sept it depend on your school of choices and prior to that resumption date you must have apply for admission let say january till may cus a lot of schools admission for fall term close in may,so from may to august applicant would have been given admission then ready for your visa processing.
2. Winter term is january
3. Summer term which is may/june

Visit this thread so that you will enlighten about what US visa processing is all about, the thread is information heaven anything u need to know about schooling in the US you will get it there, ask questions and people on there will reply you

Shallom

Glad I met you on this thread. I'll follow your guidelines.

Going for a nursing degree
I have (a) B & C in English & maths respectively.

I'll keep you posted should anything come up.

Thanks so much & SHALOM to you as well!
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by maternal: 11:19am On Apr 30, 2016
justwise:

The UK is not over populated.

North American standards it is. 60 plus millione people for a country which isn't geographically big. Plus add other Europeans who live and work there as they're part of the EU. Am I wrong?
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by justwise(m): 11:31am On Apr 30, 2016
marylandcakes:

You took the words out of my mouth. Half baked journalism , didn't even bother to do research, tarred everyone by the same brush.

You are being too generous, that is not journalism
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by justwise(m): 11:33am On Apr 30, 2016
maternal:

North American standards it is. 60 plus millione people for a country which isn't geographically big. Plus add other Europeans who live and work there as they're part of the EU. Am I wrong?

Yes you are.

The UK is not ever populated, some cities may be but not the UK as a whole
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by shaybebaby(f): 11:36am On Apr 30, 2016
maternal:

Over 90% of land in UK is untouched..plenty of room if you ask me.
It might be overpopulated in terms of available housing (a much debated issue in politics right now because of the high costs caused by housing shortage).
The issue isn't availability of space, it is lack of housing to accommodate the influx of people.

1 Like

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by justwise(m): 11:39am On Apr 30, 2016
shaybebaby:

It might be overpopulated in terms of available housing (a much debated issue in politics right now because of the high costs caused by housing shortage).
The issue isn't availability of space, it is lack of housing to accommodate the influx of people.

That is just the point... i may add..lack of affordale housing

1 Like

Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by marylandcakes: 11:40am On Apr 30, 2016
ATERI:

I definitely wasn`t around 30 years ago, but around enough to know that the more the impression of change the more things seem to remain the same. Stephen Lawrence mum would say that because she is now a Dame. Do you think the family of Mark Duggan would accept that things have changed in Tottenhan? Where do you think Stephen Lawrence is buried today and why? So they stabbed him to death and rubbished his burial place so his dad has to take his body to Jamaica. We don`t need to argue about London because certain things are beyond argument. The London of 1960s that our parents lived in is just slightly different from that of today.

How can you compare Steven Lawrence to Mark Duggan?
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by justwise(m): 11:45am On Apr 30, 2016
marylandcakes:

Night and Day
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by erico2k2(m): 11:45am On Apr 30, 2016
KingRex1:
I hope its nt some sorta rat hole. Rent in london is relatively xpensive.
Nah one container on the A 406 axis N19
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by KingRex1(m): 11:53am On Apr 30, 2016
erico2k2:
Nah one container on the A 406 axis N19
Haha! Container? Seriously? Lol
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by KingRex1(m): 11:54am On Apr 30, 2016
shaybebaby:

So true
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by Royat1(m): 12:27pm On Apr 30, 2016
[quote author=bayocanny post=45177544]
Canada visa hard o before u are been issued visa, u go battle purpose of visit ,family ties,finance.se u wan go study, even if u wan go hustle ,the stress that it will take u before u get medical invite ,talkless of passport request or approval mail self go make ur head correct
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ATERI(m): 1:03pm On Apr 30, 2016
marylandcakes:

Stephen Lawrence was slaughtered by racist yobs, and police started to fail in their duty to arrest and prosecute the killers. His parents had to suffer for almost a decade before police eventually did their job

Mark Duggan was executed by the police in broad-day light because they suspected he was carrying a gun and going to rob somebody. Police started to lie from the spot of execution. The gun found metres away was believed to have been planted by the police

So the commonality between these two cases is what everybody in london knows namely, that the Metropolitan Police is not only incompetent but institutionally racist.
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by shaybebaby(f): 1:07pm On Apr 30, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

That is just the point... i may add..lack of affordale housing
Affordability is linked to demand and supply. Thatcher sold of social housing stock which provided some form of affordability with rent controls.
Population has since grown, new housing stock weren't built to accommodate the Influx hence increased demand. the sold social houses are now in private hands who exploit demand to charge exorbitant rent. Even when the govt supports by paying dss, it ends up in the pockets of private landlords.
CAMERON and his cronies announce that they are building affordable housing, most start from about 250k, average national wage is 26k, banks only lend 4x salary, how is that affordable?
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by ATERI(m): 1:12pm On Apr 30, 2016
maternal:

Enoch Powell was quoted to have said the same in 1968. He was the first British Politician to use immigration as a political football. So when did the UK become full, in 1968 or earlier this year?
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 4:44pm On Apr 30, 2016
mikolo80:
most jobs ask for it or work authorisation
come down to dalas, you don't need that....
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by mikolo80: 4:52pm On Apr 30, 2016
OlayinkaFawaz:
come down to dalas, you don't need that....
Eheeen so New York and jersey na wrong place to be? will let the person know
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2016
mikolo80:
Eheeen so New York and jersey na wrong place to be? will let the person know
To me Dallas is the best
Re: Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London by mikolo80: 4:54pm On Apr 30, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

Oh.
Illegal immigrants do get jobs.
She can get a $12 hour job
like what kind. she's really stuck and needs direction Pls give real example so I can relay to her. even dishwasher in new york they are asking for papers

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Peckham: The Ajegunle Of London / Where Could These Be In Lagos at Nights? / Plane Crash Kills Dan Petrescu, Wife, Son And Five Others (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.