Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

24 Year Old Msc Holder - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 24 Year Old Msc Holder (4565 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / Message About Msc Holder Offered N35k Job In A Nigeria Law Firm Goes Viral / Apply For 2016 AGIP Oil And Gas Msc Foreign And Local Scholarship For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

24 Year Old Msc Holder by TeeAL(m): 7:12pm On Apr 29, 2016
Hello everyone. Please i seriously need advice . I am a 24 year old Msc holder and I have not been able to secure a job, and so I am beginning to wonder if theres something I am not doing right. I have registered on all the major job portals and I spend adequate time on nairalands Job section but still yet nothing. Please im in need of serious advice on how to break into the labour market because i do not have the flair for business and i would rather get a job somewhere and put my intelligence to use. Please help. Thank you.
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by TeeAL(m): 7:40pm On Apr 29, 2016
Please help!! I need advice and not just views, any good advice will be appreciated from my senior colleagues.
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 29, 2016
Op....wat course did u study
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by TeeAL(m): 7:53pm On Apr 29, 2016
molibediumss:
Op....wat course did u study
health promotion. I finished last december
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by adonismuller(m): 8:11pm On Apr 29, 2016
It is not "still yet" its either you use still or yet...

Msc does not guarantee you a job in Nigeria,its either you learn a skill or you start developing a flare for business...your Msc can only secure lecturing job for you!

Good luck.

7 Likes

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by SalvationMopol: 8:14pm On Apr 29, 2016
I appreciate the fact that u think something is wrong. if u ask me I think u r too young to av Msc as an inexperienced graduate. Ordinarily the huge finance used to get the so-called Msc would av been used to adequately prepare you for your dream job. imagine you investing close to 500k in job training and skills, gathering relevant professional certificate in your field and paying for internship (if need be) in multinational coys would av been a plus.

anyway sha u can tell ur parent to give u some plots of lands( I presumed u r from a wealthy home @ 24 Msc) to cultivate

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by TeeAL(m): 8:32pm On Apr 29, 2016
adonismuller:
It is not "still yet" its either you use still or yet...

Msc does not guarantee you a job in Nigeria,its either you learn a skill or you start developing a flare for business...your Msc can only secure lecturing job for you!

Good luck.
Thank you for your post. I am actually looking at life in academics as i just got a supervisor for my Phd which will i will be starting this year. However, what worries is the fact I havent been able to secure anything even though i am ready to work for any amount at all. If some one can be jobless with an Msc what are the odds he wont be jobless with a Phd? Life in Nigeria is truly tough.

5 Likes

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by Egohunter: 8:34pm On Apr 29, 2016
TeeAL:
Hello everyone. Please i seriously need advice . I am a 24 year old Msc holder and I have not been able to secure a job, and so I am beginning to wonder if theres something I am not doing right. I have registered on all the major job portals and I spend adequate time on nairalands Job section but still yet nothing. Please im in need of serious advice on how to break into the labour market because i do not have the flair for business and i would rather get a job somewhere and put my intelligence to use. Please help. Thank you.
you are unable to get a job ?? Is it that you are not getting invites or u are failing the interviews ? Which is it. Cuz walaii invites yakpa to an extent

1 Like

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by ckuteg(f): 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
SalvationMopol:
I appreciate the fact that u think something is wrong. if u ask me I think u r too young to av Msc as an inexperienced graduate. Ordinarily the huge finance used to get the so-called Msc would av been used to adequately prepare you for your dream job. imagine you investing close to 500k in job training and skills, gathering relevant professional certificate in your field and paying for internship (if need be) in multinational coys would av been a plus.

anyway sha u can tell ur parent to give u some plots of lands( I presumed u r from a wealthy home @ 24 Msc) to cultivate

Hahan....this ia a wrong analysis, the fact that it took some people 10 yrs to schieve a goal does not mean every other person has to spend same number of years.....Dear op, there's nothing wrong with you, just keep applying and get skills too...you can also volunteer in some organisation not necessarily a big chip company just to get some experience to prepare you for a better place, like its said opportunity meets preparation. Am older than 24 and I wish I have my msc. I really envy you...great opportunities awaits you ......just don't stay idle doing nothing.....and never prophesy negatively abt yourself.....for others, let's learn to encourage and celebrate people..msc no be beans. An getting experience doesn't start overnight, we all started one day......so dear you will get there by the grace of god( my caps letter aint functioning properly)

11 Likes

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by Egohunter: 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2016
SalvationMopol:

people are graduating from fed uni at the age of 19 n 20 n u are here talking abt wealthy home..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by SalvationMopol: 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2016
TeeAL:
Thank you for your post. I am actually looking at life in academics as i just got a supervisor for my Phd which will i will be starting this year. However, what worries is the fact I havent been able to secure anything even though i am ready to work for any amount at all. If some one can be jobless with an Msc what are the odds he wont be jobless with a Phd? Life in Nigeria is truly tough.

liken to what I said earlier u still want to waste another money to get PhD. I don't blame u is ur rich sponsor I blamed. must life b about competition. A PhD with no experience in teaching or industrial work functions amount to nothing. #start cultivation

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by TeeAL(m): 8:57pm On Apr 29, 2016
Egohunter:
you are unable to get a job ?? Is it that you are not getting invites or u are failing the interviews ? Which is it. Cuz walaii invites yakpa to an extent
I am not getting invites at all, thats why i am worried that i may be doing something wrong, maybe I am not applying through the good job portals?
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by TeeAL(m): 9:18pm On Apr 29, 2016
ckuteg:

Hahan....this ia a wrong analysis, the fact that it took some people 10 yrs to schieve a goal does not mean every other person has to spend same number of years.....Dear op, there's nothing wrong with you, just keep applying and get skills too...you can also volunteer in some organisation not necessarily a big chip company just to get some experience to prepare you for a better place, like its said opportunity meets preparation. Am older than 24 and I wish I have my msc. I really envy you...great opportunities awaits you ......just don't stay idle doing nothing.....and never prophesy negatively abt yourself.....for others, let's learn to encourage and celebrate people..msc no be beans. An getting experience doesn't start overnight, we all started one day......so dear you will get there by the grace of god( my caps letter aint functioning properly)
thank you very much . You are far too kind.
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by Appliedmaths(m): 9:22pm On Apr 29, 2016
TeeAL:
I am not getting invites at all, thats why i am worried that i may be doing something wrong, maybe I am not applying through the good job portals?

Reorganise your C.V, and have you considered lecturing in the institution you did your MSc? Thought I haven't landed a desired job yet, but at least after re arranging my C.V I stated getting invites up till the extent of turning down some invite due to my dream job.

So re arrange your C.V, try lecturing and try direct applications. Good luck age mate.

3 Likes

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 29, 2016
SalvationMopol:

liken to what I said earlier u still want to waste another money to get PhD. I don't blame u is ur rich sponsor I blamed. must life b about competition. A PhD with no experience in teaching or industrial work functions amount to nothing. #start cultivation

Bad way of Life/thinking.

Your post reeks of envy. It's obvious you wish you were in his shoes

18 Likes

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by Kookny(m): 9:38pm On Apr 29, 2016
TeeAL:

Boss, chill!

Getting a job is a job on its own. Personally, I do not believe in applying through job portals. What I do is to go straight to the company's career portal and apply from there. Alternatively, can search for the HR's email and send application.

To start getting invites, you have to be very active. Nairaland job vacancy section is not bad. You have to take it up as your business. Wake up in the morning and surf the cyberspace for new openings, before you sleep at night, still search.

God willing, things will change for better, soonest! smiley

2 Likes

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by crackhouse(m): 9:46pm On Apr 29, 2016
think of what to do Mr..man and stop disturbing people's peace.
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by TeeAL(m): 9:47pm On Apr 29, 2016
Appliedmaths:

Reorganise your C.V, and have you considered lecturing in the institution you did your MSc? Thought I haven't landed a desired job yet, but at least after re arranging my C.V I stated getting invites up till the extent of turning down some invite due to my dream job.

So re arrange your C.V, try lecturing and try direct applications. Good luck age mate.
i finished from Unilag and the competition from Phd students for lecturing is massive and besides i havent seen any vacancy yet. I will try reorganizing my CV again even though i already did it twice. Thank you sir.
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by Chidizman(m): 9:55pm On Apr 29, 2016
M.SC at 24, I'd say that's a very huge bonus to your career and I expect you to be getting atleast 60% invite in every 100 Jobs you apply for. Maybe you should try re-arranging your Cv and narrow it down to your Field. You are not getting Interview invites because probably you are applying for Jobs outside your field. Take that from me! smiley

2 Likes

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by Timossa(m): 9:57pm On Apr 29, 2016
TeeAL:

You have to rebrand your CV. I can help you with rebranding your CV. Kindly forward your CV to: tolconsultancy@gmail.com use NAIRALAND and NAME as the subject of the email. BUT BE READY TO PAY FOR REBRANDING YOUR CV. Thank you.
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by Kookny(m): 10:18pm On Apr 29, 2016
Timossa:

You have to rebrand your CV. I can help you with rebranding your CV. Kindly forward your CV to: tolconsultancy@gmail.com use NAIRALAND and NAME as the subject of the email. BUT BE READY TO PAY FOR REBRANDING YOUR CV. Thank you.

Oga o! embarassed embarassed

You don't use the word- "help", when you are expecting a pay in return.

What kinda help is that?? You are simply doing your job undecided

9 Likes

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by TopeQs: 10:27pm On Apr 29, 2016
Kookny:

abi jare......that's true.
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by TopeQs: 10:27pm On Apr 29, 2016
Kookny:

abi jare......that's true.
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by ekjerez(m): 10:46pm On Apr 29, 2016
have you tried Jobs on jiji
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by Timossa(m): 10:59pm On Apr 29, 2016
ekjerez:
have you tried Jobs on jiji

Jiji is the worst place to find jobs. Most adverts there are from GNLD guys. I have tried it several times and the results were alarming and appalling. GNLD people will bombard you with a lot of invites. Good evening.

3 Likes

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by ambassadorgozie(m): 11:05pm On Apr 29, 2016
Almost wit u on dis OP,
gona be 25 wen I finish mine..

Op na lecturing tin sure pass
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by GambaOsaka: 11:06pm On Apr 29, 2016
Young man.... Congratulations on your feat. MSc at 24 no be yam.... You try . Unfortunately, the Nigerian job market rates work experience more than degree (especially 2nd degree).
My advice is for you to apply to Secondary schools (since you said you Dont mind the pay). It also add to your experience since Academics is your preferred area of interest.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by butanep(m): 11:10pm On Apr 29, 2016
It is time people know the fact that your Bsc or Msc doesn't guarantee you a job in Nigeria nowadays. Nigeria has trun to man know man in terms of getting jobs.

Bros think outside the box and see what you can do to create wealth and cave a nitch for yourself. Only lazy people rely 100% on their certificate to make life meaningful for them.

Certificate is just a bonus but what you can do to make wealth is the real deal.

Life is tough in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by SalvationMopol: 11:23pm On Apr 29, 2016
butanep:
It is time people know the fact that your Bsc or Msc doesn't guarantee you a job in Nigeria nowadays. Nigeria has trun to man know man in terms of getting jobs.

Bros think outside the box and see what you can do to create wealth and cave a nitch for yourself. Only lazy people rely 100% on their certificate to make life meaningful for them.

Certificate is just a bonus but what you can do to make wealth is the real deal.

Life is tough in Nigeria.
that's exactly my point bro. may Jah hammer your head with Oil of wisdom
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by oluemmakay(m): 11:25pm On Apr 29, 2016
Education is not an end itself, it's only a means to an end. Entrepreneurship is the way forward.
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by sben2308(m): 11:27pm On Apr 29, 2016
TeeAL:

My advise is nevr give up cuz tough times nevr last but tough pple do.There is light at d end of ur tunnel.Pls I beg u av faith n don't give up cuz u r doing all right.Just that u going tru another phase of life .
Re: 24 Year Old Msc Holder by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 29, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

VACANCY: Become An Online Instructor And Earn Good Money. / Secure ID Ltd Calin 4 Interview-pls Help / NNPC graduate trainee test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.