Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria (2105 Views)

Saraki Claims He Borrowed N5b From Dangote To Fund Buhari's Election - Sahara R. / FG To Build Ranches, Grazing Reserves For Fulani Herdsmen Across Nigeria – SGF / Ekweremadu: Igboland Should Build Ranches, Ban Grazing Like Ekiti State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Adelaide2: 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2016
A colleague (non Nigerian white male) discussing with me today at my office in Washington, DC
You are Nigerian? He asked
Yes -I answered
Have you seen the news from few days ago? He asked
About what? I retorted
About the killings by cattle rearers of farmers. It was shown on cable TV
Yes, what about it?
How do farmers and cattle rearers meet let alone fight and kill one another? He asked
I was unsure of what to answer
At the bush- I lied?
At the bush? He asked. What do farmers do in the bush? They should be in the farm instead.
Em! Not really, in the farm, I meant to say.
In the farm? he asked. Then what do cattle do in cropped farms? They should be in enclosures.

At this point I was becoming exasperated.
What's all the fuss about, my friend? What do you want from me? I asked

The truth - He responded
What I saw on TV was gory- He added.

Okay! in Nigeria cattle herders graze their animals in open land and in cropped farms. There are no ranches there
OMG! He screamed. You mean they feed animals on people's crops?
Why don't they enclose their animals in kraals?
Not sure why- I responded. It's been that way since 1200.
But this is 2016! He shouted.
Yes, I know- I retorted.
I understand Nigeria has people of different ethnic groups and languages- He says
Yes, there are many of us speaking different languages- I said
Are the farmers and killers from the same area of the country? He asked
Yes and know, but the cattle roam to distant lands, sometime up to 5000 kilometers - I said
Unbelievable! He screamed. They must be hungry by the time they reach their destination, no?
Yes, of course, but they graze on crops all the way through

Anybody from the part of the country where the cattle originate from I could talk to?
Em! Yeah! You know the richest African?
Of course! Who does not know that Nigerian.. Dan.....
Dangote! I helped him complete the name
Yes, Dangote! He affirmed
You mean he is from the part where people graze on people farm?
Yes, not only is he from there, he is one of them
You mean Dangote is one of the killers?
Not directly - I said. But he does not say or do anything when this killings occur.
Why? He asked
Because the killers are his brothers. I responded
So he supports killers because they are his brothers? He asked
Well, it's complicated in Nigeria. Everyone supports his own- I added
Okay! I have had enough. I will call him to ask why, as the richest African, he cannot do something about the outdated mode of raising animals and the consequent clashes and killings. Here in the US we stopped grazing animals outside in 1802.

Something like what would you ask him to do? I followed up, not wanting to let this slip by
Something as simple as building ranches and even renting them out to other cattle owners. He comes to America to see Bill Gates often. He sees cattle farms around Seattle (Bill Gates lives in Seattle). He should behave as we civilized people do. Or are African rich people just rich in their pockets but poor in their thinking?
Hey! Hold it, I am an African, don't you forget!. You have to be respectful of me! I snapped back
I am sorry. But I am angry too! He added

Well! If you do that for me, if you get Dangote to build ranches so that the farmers' livelihoods and lives are spared, I shall forever be grateful to you. This is so personal to me; my father's land in Enugu is about being taken away from him forcefully by the cattle rearers, supported by the ruling government and their propped up military and police. If that happens, when I retire from my American work in 2050 and return to Enugu, I would by then be landless. Please help me!
I will see what I can do- He responded.
I will get Bill Gates to broach the idea when next Dangote comes this way.- He added
Oh! Please do! I responded. I owe you a drink. Thanks buddy.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Adelaide2: 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2016
Please ignore any typos. I wanted to bring this up quickly and get on with other matters, before I forget. So I typed in so much hurry.
Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Adelaide2: 8:09pm On Apr 29, 2016
Yes

Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2016
Adelaide2:
Please ignore any typos. I wanted to bring this up before I forget. So I typed in so much hurry.
even when u didn't forget, u still didn't make sense!

what sort of stupid argument was that about dangotte? Why the malicious propaganda about him?

when did dangotte ever dabbled into such sensitive matter?

did he say anything about kidnappings from your Eastern brothers? did he say anything about the forex policy that is biting many?

asking him to talk because he's from a 'region' (not the same place) with the herders is the most yeye reasoning of the century.

is he a minister or a senator?
is he your defence minister or your information minister?

is he the spokesman for the Fulanis or what?

make sense pls...

5 Likes

Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by chriskosherbal(m): 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2016
Hmmm it's well
Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:20pm On Apr 29, 2016
Nice Writeup. But I don't see the reason Dangote must be involved in all this. He is just a business man and not a Governor/President..

It's just like asking Otedola why he is quiet over the recent mile12 crises

4 Likes

Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Yorubasgreat(f): 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
Pls Dangote is not as innocent as you all thought..

He is part of those that milked Nigeria through FG's frivolous contracts.

Just think about it, if you like.. .

He is a business man and the guy just suggested another type of business to him..
He could build the ranches and rent it out to his murderous brothers to ranch their bloody cows..
Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Adelaide2: 8:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
even when u didn't forget, u still didn't make sense!

what sort of stupid argument was that about dangotte? Why the malicious propaganda about him?

when did dangotte ever dabbled into such sensitive matter?

did he say anything about kidnappings from your Eastern brothers? did he say anything about the forex policy that is biting many?

asking him to talk because he's from a 'region' (not the same place) with the herders is the most yeye reasoning of the century.

is he a minister or a senator?
is he your defence minister or your information minister?

is he the spokesman for the Fulanis or what?

make sense pls...

If you know what other billionaires world over do in their countries, your jaw will drop. Dangote can use his wealth to solve social problems too. It is not all about personal profits. Keep living in the bush.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by KelleneOkonkwo: 8:39pm On Apr 29, 2016
What has Dangote got to do with this rubbish, why trying to bring down the man. This is bad.

4 Likes

Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 29, 2016
Soon enough when any hausa/fulani fart, some stupid bigots would blame Dangote.

3 Likes

Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Adelaide2: 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2016
KelleneOkonkwo:
What has Dangote got to do with this rubbish, why trying to bring down the man. This is bad.

You are happy to have Bill Gates and his likes spend some of their billions in Nigeria tackling Malaria, and Polio and HIV and VVF, and providing clean water and improving your agriculture, but you are miffed at the idea of Dangote building ranches and making a profit from them, while at the same time solving a problem (fulani cattle rearers versus farmers)? Are you for real?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 29, 2016
Adelaide2:
A colleague (non Nigerian white male) discussing with me today at my office in Washington, DC

Anybody from the part of the country where the cattle originate from I could talk to?
Em! Yeah! You know the richest African?
Of course! Who does not know that Nigerian.. Dan.....
Dangote! I helped him complete the name
Yes, Dangote! He affirmed
You mean he is from the part where people graze on people farm?
Yes, not only is he from there, he is one of them
You mean Dangote is one of the killers?
Not directly - I said. But he does not say or do anything when this killings occur.
Why? He asked
Because the killers are his brothers. I responded
So he supports killers because they are his brothers? He asked
Well, it's complicated in Nigeria. Everyone supports his own- I added
Okay! I have had enough. I will call him to ask why, as the richest African, he cannot do something about the outdated mode of raising animals and the consequent clashes and killings. Here in the US we stopped grazing animals outside in 1802.

Perhaps, anytime an atrocity is committed anywhere in the states we should ask Bill gates or Waren Buffet to comment. Tribal & racial bigotry have clouded your senses of reasoning, you two didnt seemed to know how ridiculous you discourse was. Anyways sha, I no blame una... people are fond of having all sorts of stupid conversations in offices, just to pass time. But most are smart to dismiss them as such.

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by lomprico(m): 9:03pm On Apr 29, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Nice Writeup. But I don't see the reason Dangote must be involved in all this. He is just a business man and not a Governor/President..

It's just like asking Otedola why he is quiet over the recent mile12 crises
Its d white dude dat brought it up.
Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by AntidaftMOD: 9:06pm On Apr 29, 2016
Adelaide2:
Yes
You should be in Australia now @ your username?!
Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Adelaide2: 9:38pm On Apr 29, 2016
OTDR:

Perhaps, anytime an atrocity is committed anywhere in the states we should ask Bill gates or Waren Buffet to comment. Tribal & racial bigotry have clouded your senses of reasoning, you two didnt seemed to know how ridiculous you discourse was. Anyways sha, I no blame una... people are very fond of having all sorts of stupid conversations in the office, just to pass time.

BG and WB don't comment? You live in what planet? Pluto?
Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by BudeYahooCom: 9:46pm On Apr 29, 2016
Nice one there fron the OP. Look at Africans asking why dangote should step in and solve a social problem but these same people will line up from lagos to Osun to collect Bill gates mosquito nets. Lmao!
Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Adelaide2: 9:46pm On Apr 29, 2016
AntidaftMOD:

You should be in Australia now @ your username?!

Moved from Australia to the US 250 years ago. tongue tongue
Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Adelaide2: 9:50pm On Apr 29, 2016
BudeYahooCom:
Nice one there fron the OP. Look at Africans asking why dangote should step in and solve a social problem but these same people will line up from lagos to Osun to
collect Bill gates mosquito nets. Lmao!

Don't mind them. "Common sense" is not common after all.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 29, 2016
Adelaide2:

BG and WB don't comment? You live in what planet? Pluto?

You gotta be living on planet Uranus, if you think BG & WB even have the time nor capacity to comment on each atrocity committed daily in the states.

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Ratello: 9:59pm On Apr 29, 2016
Adelaide2:

You are happy to have Bill Gates and his likes spend some of their billions in Nigeria tackling Malaria, and Polio and HIV and VVF, and providing clean water and improving your agriculture, but you are miffed at the idea of Dangote building ranches and making a profit from them, while at the same time solving a problem (fulani cattle rearers versus farmers)? Are you for real?
Welcome to Nigeria where our youths are their own worst enemies....you have said it all judging from your excerpts in the conversation. I will never have any respect to majority of the youths style of debates. Why? It seems most of them ate still evolving! Dangote as an astute businessman is extremely shrewd in business unfortunately his trailers (means of conveying his products across the country) had killed many souls in this Country yet nobody is suing the greedy Mallam. He got many FG policies waived for him hence, he is making times 10 in profit than his colleagues in the same business across the globe, yet this same "billionaire" is yet to touch many lives even in his Northern enclaves like his fellow billionaires do in their respective communities....yet you see youths standing up for him like he cares about them undecided
Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Adelaide2: 10:06pm On Apr 29, 2016
OTDR:

You gotta be living on planet Uranus, if you think BG & WB even have the time nor capacity to comment on each atrocity committed daily in the states.

You are so ignorant and not worthy of any further attention. BG deals on countless African crises let alone American
Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:43pm On Apr 29, 2016
Yorubasgreat:

He is a business man and the guy just suggested another type of business to him..
He could build the ranches and rent it out to his murderous brothers to ranch their bloody cows..
and who's innocent?
Bill Gates, Trump, abramnovich, puttin, Obama, GEJ, OBJ, buhari or you?

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Yorubasgreat(f): 10:49pm On Apr 29, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
and who's innocent?
Bill Gates, Trump, abramnovich, puttin, Obama, GEJ, OBJ, buhari or you?

Not any of them... And that should be realized by these gullible youths who spent their time praising these thieves. .

1 Like

Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 29, 2016
Yorubasgreat:

He could build the ranches and rent it out to his murderous brothers to ranch their bloody cows.

From the conversations, the Op's motive is not of suggestion, but blame and accusations. If 1/4 of our corrupt politicians in the country would decide to invest ..ehm, "milked" Nigeria as dangote is doing, Nigeria would be a far better country. Dangote is a private citizen like yourself and has the right to invest in any sector of the economy he deems fit.

We are too sentimental and relish the blame game so much that often we fail to realize that the solutions to this particular problems lays within ourselves. Every problem is an opportunity in disguise. dangote is a biz man alright, but should we be biz minded only to benefit others? These fulanis, their major meat consumer market are in the southern parts of the country. with small collective efforts of setting up ranching biz in our localities, we can force them out of biz or make them change their ways. What stops you from running a biz of renting ranches, yourself or propose one to your community? Whats wrong if we promote the setting up of cattle ranches within our local communities. One can start a ranch with 1 cow, u know.

If 1/5th of the state indigenes the OP comes from invest in Cattle Ranching with minimum of 3cows, do you know what sought of economic benefits that would bring to the people of his state? What stops us from proposing to our official govt representatives on the need to have a community owned cattle ranches in our localities? But no, sentiments wont let us reason that way, only dangote can save us from "his murderous brothers".

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by leofab(f): 11:10pm On Apr 29, 2016
@Op what do you intent to achieve by snapping yourself and name for all to see
Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 29, 2016
leofab:

Abeg helep me ask am oo.. grin
Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by DrayZee: 11:23pm On Apr 29, 2016
leofab:
So the assumption that he is resident in Nigeria and making up a story will be minimal.
Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Yorubasgreat(f): 11:37pm On Apr 29, 2016
OTDR:

From the conversations, the Op's motive is not of suggestion, but blame and accusations. If 1/4 of our corrupt politicians in the country would decide to invest ..ehm, "milked" Nigeria as dangote is doing, Nigeria would be a far better country. Dangote is a private citizen like yourself and has the right to invest in any sector of the economy he deems fit.

We are too sentimental and relish the blame game so much that often we fail to realize that the solutions to this particular problems lays within ourselves. Every problem is an opportunity in disguise. dangote is a biz man alright, but should we be biz minded only to benefit others? These fulanis, their major meat consumer market are in the southern parts of the country. with small collective efforts of setting up ranching biz in our localities, we can force them out of biz or make them change their ways. What stops you from running a biz of renting ranches, yourself or propose one to your community? Whats wrong if we promote the setting up of cattle ranches within our local communities. One can start a ranch with 1 cow, u know.

If 1/5th of the state indigenes the OP comes from invest in Cattle Ranching with minimum of 3cows, do you know what sought of economic benefits that would bring to the people of his state? What stops us from proposing to our official govt representatives on the need to have a community owned cattle ranches in our localities? But no, sentiments wont let us reason that way, only dangote can save us from "his murderous brothers".

Yes you made valid points..but the challenges of this country is fundamental and only when those are address people would continue to sound this way "intentionally "..

Yes I said intentionally cos as long as the long challenges of this are religated and the authorities hope to wish it away.. My brother nothing, I said nothing will change..

Everyone must have something negative to say at all times even when the deed is good.. Trust me..

This country has hurt some people real bad that the only they awaits us the day they are called to go and die for vengeance sake..

That's why people can't be understood any longer.
Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Segadem(m): 3:41am On Apr 30, 2016
[size=14pt]is Dangote father Xmas? [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by 9japride(m): 5:13am On Apr 30, 2016
Dangote has a part to play concerning this herdsmen issue. Other world richest men/women are contributing positively to the society. Abeg for peace sake he should contribute part of this wealth to ranch development, except they northerners and most peeps here in nairaland are supporting backwardness have a mischievous plan towards the southerners. Being rich for only ur pocket is as worthless as a tissue paper
Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Adelaide2: 8:55pm On Apr 30, 2016
Segadem:
[size=14pt]is Dangote father Xmas? [/size]

So Bill Gates is father Christmas to you silly Nigerians? Abi?
Re: Bill Gates to ask Dangote to build ranches for rent in Nigeria by Segadem(m): 10:07pm On Apr 30, 2016
Adelaide2:

So Bill Gates is father Christmas to you silly Nigerians? Abi?
[size=14pt]silly Nigerians? Are u from Australia? [/size]

(1) (Reply)

PDP Comes For OSHIOMOLE, Post Picture Of Students On The Floor In Edo School / Why Is USA Concerned About Fighting Boko Haram Terrorists In Nigeria= TRUMP / Biafra:I’m Not Deceiving Igbos,Governor Okorocha Has Mental Problem–Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.