Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,993 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. (16072 Views)

Obasanjo’s Letter: Mass Defection Looms In National Assembly / Sule Lamido: Tyranny Fuels Mass Defection To APC / Buhari-Saraki Feud: APC Leaders Jittery, Fear Mass Defection- NewTelegraphOnline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:54pm On Apr 29, 2016
BY Dayo Johnson

Akure- THE ruling Peoples Democratic Party PDP in Ondo state has suffered a set back as two former commissioners, Local government Chairmen and two former Lawmakers defected to the opposition All Progressive Congress APC. They claimed that over 5000 of former PDP chieftains dumped the ruling party for the opposition Party.

The former commissioners include that of former Adult, Technical and Vocational Education Mrs Kehinde Momoh and that of Local government and Chieftaincy Affairs Mr. Tayo Oluwatuyi.

Others include former members of the state House of Assembly Bamido Omogbehin and Oyebo Aladetan‎ and the former Chairmen of local governments include Prince Olu Falolu, Tobi Akinlalu, Bailey Arohunmolase. Other former political office holders under the present government who jumped ship included Kasali Obanoyen, Chief Ajani Oladipupo, Mr Yele Akinya and Segun Ogodo.

Speaking on behalf of defectors, Arohunmolase attributed their joining the APC to failed promises of the PDP led government in the state. Arohunmolase said they are set to work in line of the APC directives at winning the governorship in November this year.

The Chairman of the APC, Isaacs Kekemeke at the ceremony held at the party secretariat in Akure described the defection” as the end of PDP’s hold on the politics of the state. Kekemeke promised to give all members equal right and level playing field to achieve their desires.

He stated that the party would put in place measures towards ensuring victory in the November polls and urged Nigerians to be patient with President Muhammadu Buhari led Federal government. Reacting to the defectors, the Publicity Secretary of the ruling PDP‎, Banji Okunomo described their action as good riddance to bad rubbish.

Okunomo pointed out that they have no political relevance in their constituencies hence the reason they jumped ship at this crucial time. He added that ‎the defectors would be disappointed when they get to the opposition party.

The Publicity Secretary assured the party members that the November election would separate the men from the boys.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/mass-defection-hits-pdp-ondo/

Lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by onexile: 9:20pm On Apr 29, 2016
These are the ones who lost power in the last LG election that was conducted. gringringrin

APC absorbing the disgruntled PDP elements since the era on CHANJI

Meanwhile, PDP won all the LG Chairmanship and counsellor's election that was conducted few day ago.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:27pm On Apr 29, 2016
PDP should have zoned the chairmanship position to a credible Candidate in Southwest.

Well I got no business with Federal PDP, I'm only concerned with PDP in my state....

Senator Samuel Anyanwu let's go there grin grin grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by Xionez(m): 9:30pm On Apr 29, 2016
APC...rebranded PDP

8 Likes

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by TANTUMERGO007(m): 9:33pm On Apr 29, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by ki02020(m): 9:38pm On Apr 29, 2016
onexile:
These are the ones who lost power un the last LG election that was conducted. gringringrin

APC absorbing the disgruntled PDP elements since the era on CHANJI

Meanwhile, PDP won all the LG Chairmanship and counsellor's election that was conducted few day ago.

So saraki is a disgruntled PDP element

Just accept it that your role model fayose is about to be isolated in south west...and don't expect him to turn things around like tinubu did with AD...fayose doesn't have such brain tongue

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by onexile: 9:43pm On Apr 29, 2016
ki02020:

So saraki is a disgruntled PDP element

Just accept it that your role model fayose is about to be isolated in south west...and don't expect him to turn things around like tinubu did with AD...fayose doesn't have such brain tongue
100%. So you can retain him(Saraki). His likes belongs to APC. Enjoy him. tongue tongue tongue tongue

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by ki02020(m): 9:52pm On Apr 29, 2016
onexile:
100% so you can retain him. tongue tongue tongue tongue

That means the PRO Saraki are also disgruntled

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by onexile: 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2016
ki02020:

That means the PRO Saraki are also disgruntled
don't be in delusion, some are just doing it to spite Thief..nubu', while others are supporting Saraki deliberately to further polarize the APC.

Anyway I don't expect you to understand. From your post, I have measured your reasoning capacity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by babyfaceafrica: 11:08pm On Apr 29, 2016
Mimiko..you see your life?!!

4 Likes

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by ShowYourCertificate: 11:27pm On Apr 29, 2016
Ondo is PDP and PDP is Ondo.

PDP and LP are the only true nationalist party in Nigeria. The others are mostly sectional and ethnically inclined, especially the APC. Any true patriotic Nigerian will support the PDP.

10 Likes

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by TippyTop(m): 11:50pm On Apr 29, 2016
The former commissioners include that of former Adult, Technical and Vocational Education Mrs Kehinde Momoh and that of Local government and Chieftaincy Affairs Mr. Tayo Oluwatuyi.

Not former commissioner of Finance, information or any of the big ministries but commissioner for Chieftancy Affairs.

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by Nobody: 6:16am On Apr 30, 2016
Nigerian politics is useless...Do this Politicians have any idea what their party philosophies are?

No difference between PDP and APC...Both are failed democratic parties

Fvcking Criminals

3 Likes

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by januzaj(m): 6:18am On Apr 30, 2016
Political hoes
These hoes ain't loyal
Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by iKarma: 6:18am On Apr 30, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:

PDP and LP are the only true nationalist party in Nigeria. The others are mostly sectional and ethnically inclined, especially the APC. Any true patriotic Nigerian will support the PDP.

Any true patriotic Nigerian should support development regardless of party. Are you PATRIOTIC Nigerian or one of PDP's 40 laptops?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by teemanbastos(m): 6:22am On Apr 30, 2016
most of these defectors are hungry people seeking governorship ticket.
When the APC governorship tickets contestant are over 40 and over 70% are ex-PDP then you begin to wonder..meanwhile I expect a mass defection back to PDP when Tinubu singlehandedly picks his candidate(likely Rotimi Akeredolu)..
9ja politicians no get shame..!!

3 Likes

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by Pavore9: 6:24am On Apr 30, 2016
Hustlers!
Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by opalu: 6:25am On Apr 30, 2016
Hmm
Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by MVLOX(m): 6:25am On Apr 30, 2016
All dis ones na stray dogs way no get owner....na anywhere belly face dem dey go
Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by Evathyst(f): 6:26am On Apr 30, 2016
Them don dey go One by One! grin grin

Before the much awaited 2019, only the likes of TonyeBarcanista & Temitemi that would be left in PDP. Lolz.

2 Likes

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 6:26am On Apr 30, 2016
NOBODY WANT TO STAY IN OPPOSITION PARTY.
Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by laurel03(m): 6:27am On Apr 30, 2016
Mimiko really bleep off for ds second term..
Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by Pavore9: 6:29am On Apr 30, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:

What is so magical about PDP's 16 years rule that should motivate "any true patriotic Nigerian"" to support it?? I am not partisan because it does not add any value to my life's journey as l regard APC and PDP as the two sides of the same coin!

4 Likes

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by billyG(m): 6:35am On Apr 30, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
BY Dayo Johnson

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/mass-defection-hits-pdp-ondo/
He!He!! and so wailers says D Change Mantra is waning.
Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by jimoholuyemi3(m): 6:37am On Apr 30, 2016
I'm just passing who PDP or APC help they are the looters & yet they are criticising student Aluta
Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by focus7: 6:54am On Apr 30, 2016
PDP has not seen anything. I have predicted it that in few years time pdp will not be major opposition party again, Kowa party will be more popular than pdp.

4 Likes

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by Nature129(m): 7:02am On Apr 30, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
PDP should have zoned the chairmanship position to a credible Candidate in Southwest.

Well I got no business with Federal PDP, I'm only concerned with PDP in my state....

Senator Samuel Anyanwu let's go there grin grin grin

It is too early to start campaigns for your Samuel Anyanwu as we are in the time of development which is the actual essence of governance.

Mind you, Imo people will never vote for PDP at gubernatorial level again because they've ruined the state for 12 years. It is better you advise whoever it is that wants to contest in 2019 to do that under APGA because Imo State PDP and APC are just disgraceful lots. Yes, they are no longer marketable

A candid piece of advice from a concerned indigene. Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by Biggers82(m): 7:12am On Apr 30, 2016
You have never seen anything yet if you like move to Oluwa party that's your business [b][/b][i][/i]
Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by Hillzy(m): 7:14am On Apr 30, 2016
T
Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by iKarma: 7:28am On Apr 30, 2016
Biggers82:
You have never seen anything yet if you like move to Oluwa party that's your business

LMAOoooo grin grin grin
Re: Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. by KelleneOkonkwo: 7:48am On Apr 30, 2016
[s]
ShowYourCertificate:

[/s]

Enjoy the paid coins while it last.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate President Lawan Returns To Nigeria From Saudi Arabia (photos) / Bandits Abduct 9 Kaduna Residents, Demand ₦180m Ransom / DSS Denied British Consul, Ezeife Access To Nnamdi Kanu – Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.