Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,870 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Who Can Help Fix This Modem? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Who Can Help Fix This Modem? (1115 Views)

Help Me Unlock This Modem Pls / Please Help Fix Issues I'm Having With My Asus Laptop / Please Help Me.. I Cant Crack This Modem Visafone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Help Fix This Modem? by inikamoze(m): 2:05am On Apr 30, 2016
A friend tried to crack my MTN fastlink modem MF190 and now my laptop no longer recognizes it. If you plug it in, it either shows USB device failed or the PC will not even see it. Another friend gave me the fastlink software in a folder, but I don't know how to use it to repair the modem.
Please who can help guide how to fix the modem? THANKS Y'ALL
Re: Who Can Help Fix This Modem? by Nobody: 6:10am On Apr 30, 2016
Run the sftware then plug in your modem and connect as usual
Re: Who Can Help Fix This Modem? by Divine11(m): 1:25pm On May 01, 2016
inikamoze:
A friend tried to crack my MTN fastlink modem MF190 and now my laptop no longer recognizes it. If you plug it in, it either shows USB device failed or the PC will not even see it. Another friend gave me the fastlink software in a folder, but I don't know how to use it to repair the modem.
Please who can help guide how to fix the modem? THANKS Y'ALL

Is it now working?
Re: Who Can Help Fix This Modem? by inikamoze(m): 4:52pm On May 01, 2016
It still would not work. The modem does not even show signs of being detected by my laptop, also tested on other laptops, same thing.
Re: Who Can Help Fix This Modem? by Divine11(m): 12:34am On May 02, 2016
inikamoze:
It still would not work. The modem does not even show signs of being detected by my laptop, also tested on other laptops, same thing.

I did disable my antivirus, that was the issue all this while. Activate back the anti virus after your modem is detected by your pc. Hope it works for you.
Re: Who Can Help Fix This Modem? by inikamoze(m): 1:28pm On May 03, 2016
Divine11:

I did disable my antivirus, that was the issue all this while. Activate back the anti virus after your modem is detected by your pc. Hope it works for you.

Thanks bro..it finally worked when I disabled my antivirus. Only hitch now is if I plug it into another laptop, the light would come on but the autorun to install the software would not pop up, I get a device not detected message. But on my main laptop where I run the software before connecting it connects flawlessly.
How can I make it autorun when I plug into another laptop(in case I dont have the folder/software with me?)
Re: Who Can Help Fix This Modem? by philoo(m): 10:21pm On May 04, 2016
that zte model is about the easiest modem to unlock, l dont know why he corrupted the firmware. just go to www.4shared.com and download a free ZTE firmware which you will have to install in every laptop you wish to use the modem... i have the firmware on my laptop bur i cant upload becoz of mb issues...
call 08164477788 is you still need further assistance

(1) (Reply)

How To Extend Your Battery Life / Tecno Winpad 10 Price So Cheap Plus Fee 32gb Memory Card And Office 365 / Message From Ntel's CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.