Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,071 members, 7,867,055 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:13 AM

Chinese Bride Wears 2.2km Dress - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Chinese Bride Wears 2.2km Dress (578 Views)

Man Wears Wedding Gown In A Gay Wedding ( Photo ) / Chinese Man Inserts Snake In His Nose And Out Of Mouth / Bride Dies In An Accident On Her Way To Church For Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Bride Wears 2.2km Dress by roniesharl(f): 10:16am On Aug 10, 2009
source= http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/asia-pacific/8190112.stm >

A Chinese bride has attempted to break the world record for the longest wedding dress by walking down the aisle in a 2,162m-long (7,083ft) gown.

Lin Rong's dress was made for her by her husband-to-be, Zhao Peng, and his family in eastern Jilin province.

It took their 200 wedding guests three hours to unroll the fabric and decorate the train with 9,999 silk roses.

Mr Zhao's mother said she knew her son was trying to express his love, but she thought the dress was a waste of money.

"I do not want a cliche wedding parade or banquet," China's Xinhua news agency quoted Mr Zhao as saying.

So instead, he decided he would use his nuptials to challenge the current wedding dress world record of 1,579m (5,180ft), set in the Romanian capital, Bucharest, on 1 April 2009.

Mr Zhao enlisted most of his family to pitch in with his idea, bringing materials, choosing patterns, making silk roses and stitching on jewels on the day, Xinhua said.

His aunt, who conveniently is a dressmaker, had agreed to make the design.
Re: Chinese Bride Wears 2.2km Dress by roniesharl(f): 8:47pm On Aug 10, 2009
;Dtrust me
my wedding gown go long from ikeja to ajah lekki!
trust meeee wink wink
Re: Chinese Bride Wears 2.2km Dress by PurestBoy(m): 1:13am On Aug 11, 2009
This is kolomental

(1) (Reply)

Hello / Join Me Welcome My Wife / Keeping You Busy For 20 Seconds!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.