Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,549 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge - Art, Graphics & Video (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge (114410 Views)

A Nairalander Needs Your Vote In The On Going Etisalat Photo Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by remi1444: 11:59am On Jul 19, 2018
SmooshCHN:
So I managed to pull one off..

How did you achieve the Grayscaling the background and making the two persons colour remain?
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by chukxie(m): 3:54pm On Jul 19, 2018
remi1444:
If i can get this baby beast as a gift from you, my mummy will be proud of me seeing me capturing moments on lenses.

Hahaha! That camera is my indefatigable companion for capturing history.
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by remi1444: 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2018
chukxie:

Hahaha! That camera is indefatigable companion for capturing history.
like how much did you get it?
don't bother mentioning the price because i wont afford it... if you have spare no matter how old and archaic it is and you want to touch a life, just gift me... i think owning a Professional camera will fix me.
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by chukxie(m): 11:12pm On Jul 19, 2018
remi1444:
like how much did you get it?
don't bother mentioning the price because i wont afford it... if you have spare no matter how old and archaic it is and you want to touch a life, just gift me... i think owning a Professional camera will fix me.

My wife bought it in Hong Kong the month she was pregnant with our first baby. That's why the camera has so much history attached to it. Honestly I wish I had a spare to gift you but sadly I don't. embarassed
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by SmooshCHN: 3:31am On Jul 20, 2018
remi1444:
How did you achieve the Grayscaling the background and making the two persons colour remain?
You can easily do this in Snapseed or Photoshop on iOS or Android. Just desaturate all other colour channels except blue and orange.

Anyways, most importantly I took that picture with my old iPhone 5s and now looking back at it, I find it hard to forgive myself for thinking it was a good picture or edit. A DSLR won't fix you. I started photography with a Sony Xperia Z2 mobile phone and purely driven by passion and then to an iPhone before my DSLR. The beginning of this thread were mostly mobile phone pictures and even my personal photography thread. All you need now is anything that takes pictures. Keep working with whatever you have.. And may God bless you with a DSLR, and all you ever need is transferring all that skill you learnt shooting on that phone to the DSLR and you will be on your way to being complete. Take pictures with whatever you have.
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by remi1444: 8:11am On Jul 21, 2018
SmooshCHN:
You can easily do this in Snapseed or Photoshop on iOS or Android. Just desaturate all other colour channels except blue and orange.

Anyways, most importantly I took that picture with my old iPhone 5s and now looking back at it, I find it hard to forgive myself for thinking it was a good picture or edit. A DSLR won't fix you. I started photography with a Sony Xperia Z2 mobile phone and purely driven by passion and then to an iPhone before my DSLR. The beginning of this thread were mostly mobile phone pictures and even my personal photography thread. All you need now is anything that takes pictures. Keep working with whatever you have.. And may God bless you with a DSLR, and all you ever need is transferring all that skill you learnt shooting on that phone to the DSLR and you will be on your way to being complete. Take pictures with whatever you have.
Thanks boss.... The Grayscaling background and normal colour background editing explanation, i seem not to understand it, can you help me by sharing the procedures using snapshot?
I'm using Snapseed.
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by remi1444: 8:15am On Jul 21, 2018
chukxie:

My wife bought it in Hong Kong the month she was pregnant with our first baby. That's why the camera has so much history attached to it. Honestly I wish I had a spare to gift you but sadly I don't. embarassed
Even when it is out of use, it'll be for the closet.
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by SmooshCHN: 3:39am On Jul 22, 2018
Just gonna drop this here..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by HyDef(m): 3:46am On Jul 22, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Just gonna drop this here..
Gorgeous!
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by SmooshCHN: 3:50am On Jul 22, 2018
remi1444:
Thanks boss.... The Grayscaling background and normal colour background editing explanation, i seem not to understand it, can you help me by sharing the procedures using snapshot?
I'm using Snapseed.
OK, download Adobe lightroom CC.. For every picture you take or that exist in this world, the colors in it are made up of Red, Green and Blues. In this picture, I can use lightroom on my phone to adjust individual colors ranging from the primary red, green and blue to Grey, Yellow and Magenta.
So in that picture, I reduced the saturation of individual colors in the background and left the colors of those two people untouched..

Here's an example of a picture of myself. I'm apologize for the horror my ugly face would cause.

All you need to do is select the colour you want to affect and drag the saturation slider left or right.

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by SmooshCHN: 3:54am On Jul 22, 2018
HyDef:

Gorgeous!
Thanks Man.. You're the best. smiley
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by taiocol: 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2018
Hydef, SmooshCHN, UjSizzle, Chukxie, Feraz., victoriousvic

grin
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by HyDef(m): 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2018
taiocol:

grin

Present.

I'm still writing exams though, so I've been indoors. Oh yes, and my M5 finally gave up, so no pictures from me as the temp is crap.
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by chukxie(m): 5:23pm On Jul 26, 2018
taiocol:

grin

Greetings. How's everyone doing? Success to those writing exams. My summer vacation is about to start. Will be heading to Xinjiang this weekend. I hear Xinjiang is a photographer's paradise; and the kebab is out of this world. So, I'm going to explore it!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by SmooshCHN: 11:49am On Jul 27, 2018
chukxie:

Greetings. How's everyone doing? Success to those writing exams. My summer vacation is about to start. Will be heading to Xinjiang this weekend. I hear Xinjiang is a photographer's paradise; and the kebab is out of this world. So, I'm going to explore it!
Too bad, I left China already.. I miss that place already.. Xinjiang kebab is off the charts man.. Try mutton steak if you have the chance. sad
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by chukxie(m): 1:30pm On Jul 27, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Too bad, I left China already.. I miss that place already.. Xinjiang kebab is off the charts man.. Try mutton steak if you have the chance. sad

You've left China! Done with school? Congrats! Moving on to greater things? Congrats! Speaking of Xinjiang kebab, bro, I'm already salivating cos the aroma of mutton kebab has no rival. All the best, bro.
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by SmooshCHN: 2:14pm On Jul 28, 2018
chukxie:

You've left China! Done with school? Congrats! Moving on to greater things? Congrats! Speaking of Xinjiang kebab, bro, I'm already salivating cos the aroma of mutton kebab has no rival. All the best, bro.
Thanks Man.. 我要回中国。 embarassed embarassed undecided。keep us updated with pictures..
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by Nastydroid(m): 7:38pm On Jul 28, 2018
Trying to be better

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2018
What have I missed?
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by Nastydroid(m): 8:13pm On Jul 28, 2018
SmooshCHN:
OK, download Adobe lightroom CC.. For every picture you take or that exist in this world, the colors in it are made up of Red, Green and Blues. In this picture, I can use lightroom on my phone to adjust individual colors ranging from the primary red, green and blue to Grey, Yellow and Magenta.
So in that picture, I reduced the saturation of individual colors in the background and left the colors of those two people untouched..

Here's an example of a picture of myself. I'm apologize for the horror my ugly face would cause.

All you need to do is select the colour you want to affect and drag the saturation slider left or right.
i got it with snapseed thanks.

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by Nastydroid(m): 8:16pm On Jul 28, 2018

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by chukxie(m): 8:36pm On Jul 28, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Thanks Man.. 我要回中国。 embarassed embarassed undecided。keep us updated with pictures..

我明白了. I'll keep you guys posted. I'm on the train (soft bed), and it's 3:35 a.m. All the best bro. Have fun in 9ja.
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by Feraz(m): 8:37pm On Aug 03, 2018
chukxie:

Boss! Enjoy!! PTDF blew my chances of joining you guys. Anyway, still not given up.

Greetings to all here!
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by chukxie(m): 12:25pm On Aug 04, 2018
Feraz:
Boss! Enjoy!! PTDF blew my chances of joining you guys. Anyway, still not given up.

Greetings to all here!

Keep prayerfully pushing on, your dreams will come to pass.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by CassyDesigns(m): 8:04am On Aug 05, 2018
Nice topic.
Here is my first post here.

Street photo titled "Daily Struggle"

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by chukxie(m): 2:54am On Aug 08, 2018
Hello, guy. I mentioned some time ago I was travelling to Xinjiang. Well, I've been here for well over a week now. This province is huge - I mean massive! You can drive for seven hours just to get from one tourist attraction to the next. One fascinating thing about Xinjiang especially in places like Kanas, Altay, Ili, Karamay, Buerji, Keketouhai..and even Urumqi is that the sun rises early and sets pretty late. Imagine the sun still up at 10 p.m! It takes a lot of getting used to before one can fully adjust to the usual phenomenon. I bring you guys some photos. I might create a thread for my trip later if I have the time.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by chukxie(m): 3:04am On Aug 08, 2018
More pix. There are too many photos to share. Would hate to inundate you guys with them.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by Feraz(m): 12:19pm On Aug 08, 2018
chukxie:
Hello, guy. I mentioned some time ago I was travelling to Xinjiang. Well, I've been here for well over a week now. This province is huge - I mean massive! You can drive for seven hours just to get from one tourist attraction to the next. One fascinating thing about Xinjiang especially in places like Kanas, Altay, Ili, Karamay, Buerji, Keketouhai..and even Urumqi is that the sun rises early and sets pretty late. Imagine the sun still up at 10 p.m! It takes a lot of getting used to before one can fully adjust to the usual phenomenon. I bring you guys some photos. I might create a thread for my trip later if I have the time.
Please do bro! I trust you to deliver.
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by chukxie(m): 5:43pm On Aug 08, 2018
Feraz:
Please do bro! I trust you to deliver.

Thanks, man. The photos I've uploaded are all from my phone. I've got tons more in my phone and even more in my Canon camera. I'll do my best to upload more pix from my phone.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by chukxie(m): 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2018
Pics

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by SmooshCHN: 10:24pm On Aug 08, 2018
chukxie:
More pix. There are too many photos to share. Would hate to inundate you guys with them.
I wish I was you right now cheesy The pictures are definitely turning out great as expected.. Keep us updated.
Re: Nairaland Weekly Photo Challenge by Feraz(m): 11:27pm On Aug 08, 2018
chukxie:
Pics
I've always dreamed of going hiking on hills like this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply)

Black Art (painting Only Please!) :D / Nairaland Portfolio For Logo Designers / Post Your Photoshop Problems Here And Lets Slug It Out Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.