Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Help My Peguot 307 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help My Peguot 307 (1439 Views)

In Need Of A Good Peugeot Electrician For My Peugeot 307. PH Base / Neat Peugeot 307 (2003) For Sale / Peugeot 307: Solution To Anti Theft Warning Fault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Peguot 307 by aflag: 8:32am On Apr 30, 2016
Knowledgeable people in the house should please come to my aid as regards fault lights on my instrument cluster and some codes my scan tools generated.
01109 and p0420

Re: Help My Peguot 307 by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:42am On Apr 30, 2016
you are using a wrong tool for diagnosing that vehicle. (pp2000 should be used)

From a lot of cases, a misfire will throw a catalyst code on a peugeot 307. You should explain the problems you are having with the car.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help My Peguot 307 by cocoduck: 9:11am On Apr 30, 2016
You need a scan tool not a simple code puller, though it is tiny but I think the lights I see there are airbag, ABS and check engine light, get a scan tool (I did not say buy) like emmm the Autel maxidas, you will be able to do a comprehensive Scan on all the systems, but please don't take your car to kazeem
Re: Help My Peguot 307 by aflag: 9:34am On Apr 30, 2016
The vehicle doesn't accelerate well
GAZZUZZ:
you are using a wrong tool for diagnosing that vehicle. (pp2000 should be used)

From a lot of cases, a misfire will throw a catalyst code on a peugeot 307. You should explain the problems you are having with the car.
Re: Help My Peguot 307 by aflag: 9:36am On Apr 30, 2016
Thanks bro, but with the above codes what do you think the problem might be?
cocoduck:
You need a scan tool not a simple code puller, though it is tiny but I think the lights I see there are airbag, ABS and check engine light, get a scan tool (I did not say buy) like emmm the Autel maxidas, you will be able to do a comprehensive Scan on all the systems, but please don't take your car to kazeem
Re: Help My Peguot 307 by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:39am On Apr 30, 2016
aflag:
The vehicle doesn't accelerate well

What engine do you have in the bay? Take a pic of the engine.
Re: Help My Peguot 307 by cocoduck: 9:52am On Apr 30, 2016
aflag:
Thanks bro, but with the above codes what do you think the problem might be?
Just as Gazzuz said, it's a catalytic converter efficiency bellow threshold code, which can be caused by misfire, that is raw gasoline being pumped into the cat, from one or more cylinders that do not contribute to the engine power output, which to me partly explains the inability of the car to accelerate, so if I were you I would stop driving the car until it is fixed, you may end up frying the catalytic converter.

For a cylinder to contribute, to the power or for an engine to run, there must compression, fuel and spark at the exact right time, so we must know which cylinders are missing fire, and why, before anything is changed.
Re: Help My Peguot 307 by aflag: 10:14am On Apr 30, 2016
Do I get the plugs check out?
cocoduck:
Just as Gazzuz said, it's a catalytic converter efficiency bellow threshold code, which can be caused by misfire, that is raw gasoline being pumped into the cat, from one or more cylinders that do not contribute to the engine power output, which to me partly explains the inability of the car to accelerate, so if I were you I would stop driving the car until it is fixed, you may end up frying the catalytic converter.

For a cylinder to contribute, to the power or for an engine to run, there must compression, fuel and spark at the exact right time, so we must know which cylinders are missing fire, and why, before anything is changed.
Re: Help My Peguot 307 by cocoduck: 10:33am On Apr 30, 2016
aflag:
Do I get the plugts check out?
scan the car with a good scan tool first before anything.
Re: Help My Peguot 307 by aflag: 6:31pm On May 01, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

What engine do you have in the bay? Take a pic of the engine.

Re: Help My Peguot 307 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:03pm On May 01, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3665447_img20160430075654869_jpeg99044b06e19662b04a381f41c3cebbd6

in this model at one thing is very common, which is a blocked upstream catalyst.

Now easiest/quick way to know if it is blocked, unscrew the first o2 sensor on the exhaust and rev car, it will be noisy but with a good ear you can tell the difference if there is an improvement.

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Economy/mpg Calculations / I Need A 4 Doors Nd Floor Gear Ford F150 2014 Or Above / Murano And It's Gearbox Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.