Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,389 members, 7,812,150 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Best Mobile Apps For Students - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Best Mobile Apps For Students (19162 Views)

Top 5 Mobile Apps To Keep Your Kids Safe / Top 5 Mobile Apps At Techplus 2017 / 7 Awesome Mobile Apps By Google You Probably Never Heard Of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Mobile Apps For Students by benatex(m): 10:04am On Apr 30, 2016
Hey lovely scholars, I’ve written this post specifically for you. Well what do you do apart from chatting? Probably chatting or checking out your friend’s new post on Instagram. Hmmm, well there are lot of apps out there that can be helpful to you both education wise and socially. Please ensure you download these apps, they’re really helpful.

1.WPS OFFICE

I’m pretty sure you have this app already but then I’m gonna put it up here. With WPS you can read PDFs ,DOCX, POWERPOINT etc. Not only can you read them, you can create them in case you’ve got assignments or a presentation to make. Download it now, it’s pretty helpful

2.SOCIAL APPS

You gotta be social on media while you’re in school, it’s a fun way to reach out to your friends. I don’t see some of my friends for weeks and the only way I get to contact them is through the social media. We get to share pictures and have some fun times. You need the following social apps

Whatsapp

Snapchat

Instagram

BBM

3.CAMERA 360

Hey pretty ladies, you wanna take a nice selfie at that hallway or you’re out with your friends at the cafeteria and you got that long selfie stick so you can take a picture with all of them. Camera 360 is the best camera app for you as a student, it’s got the best filters and picture editing effects. For the dudes that feel they ain’t handsome enough, this app is what you need in case you wanna upload it as your display picture on your social apps.

4.CHROME BROWSER

Chrome Browser is the best app for you as a student in case you download PDFs online or save your pages as PDFs on your mobile phone. It loads pages faster and it blocks spam from your phone.

5.DROPBOX

Dropbox is a cloud storage app. If you wanna store your pictures, videos, text files for later use,I recommend it for you. It’s better than storing them on your memory card or system hard drive, they prone to get lost or spoil. With your files on the cloud, you’re 100% safe.

6.PLAGIARISM CHECKER

Do you have an essay or a simple write up to prepare for a lecturer and you don’t want him or her to feel like you plagiarized the write up, you can simply go on to download this app. I remember when I was in freshman year and one lecturer told us to submit our assignment to his mail warning us not to copy the write up online, I had to use this app so as not to get caught lol.

7.DUOLINGO

Do you wanna learn a language? Duolingo is a fun and addictive way of learning languages,it comes with speaking and listening exercises. Duolingo supports languages like Spanish,Italian,French and others. You can even compete with your friends which makes it more interesting.

8.FAST SCANNER

Fast Scanner is not a really attractive but it'll surely help you in getting the job done. You can scan notes or materials shared by your tutor with this app and turn them to pdf for easy reading.

9.PHOTOMATH

With Photomath,solving difficult math problems has just got easier. All you have to do is simply take a picture of a math question and Photomath will solve it quickly and even give you a step by step explanation on how to solve it. It also has it down sides in which it can't help you solve handwritten problems,only questions from textbooks can be solved. Photomath can't also solve advanced and very complex questions but still it's a really great and helpful app.

10.ESSENTIAL ANATOMY 3(PAID APP)

Essential Anatomy is the best anatomy app ever,yeah it is. It is the number medical mobile app in over 95 countries. Essential Anatomy comes with a groundbreaking 3D technology and high graphic quality. It is an app that every doctor,physiotherapy and medical student should own. I should you get this app,t he price is really worth it though.

7.GAMES YOU NEED

Well all students have leisure period and then all work and no play makes jill a dull girl,lol. There are so many games on the playstore for you to download, some are educative, some action-packed. I recommend the following apps below for you:

CANDY CRUSH –
ANGRY BIRDS (All the series) -
2048 -
SCORE (for the boys,lol) -
SCRABBLE -
INTO THE DEAD -
4 PICS 1 WORD

Source [size=16pt]TWEAK.COM.NG[/size]

cc lalasticlala fynestboi olawalebabs Richiez

14 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by KONJIKILLER(m): 11:50am On Apr 30, 2016
wow i need to get this essential anatomy,should be really good. thanks op ...cc lalasticlala fynestboi
Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by OnlineBadoo: 11:54am On Apr 30, 2016
nice post op,oya push to d frontpage for our scholars lalasticlala
Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by Fynestboi: 11:40pm On Apr 30, 2016
Nice apps
Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by OnlineBadoo: 1:40am On May 01, 2016
oya FP,boss fynestboi
Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by mrlaw93(m): 6:35am On May 01, 2016
undecided Waris dis
Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by Mrdecent(m): 6:37am On May 01, 2016
Good one
Let me get one
Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by MrPetex(m): 6:38am On May 01, 2016
brb

1 Like

Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by Chidex2442(m): 6:38am On May 01, 2016
Was hoping to see sure bet, or naira bet app

2 Likes

Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by Adekorya: 6:39am On May 01, 2016
You should indicate the that can run offline and the one that can't.

1 Like

Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by francis247(m): 6:40am On May 01, 2016
U mean best mobile apps for kids? Apart from number 1,6,9 & 10, your list is flawed. Especially the games.

1 Like

Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by Nobody: 6:41am On May 01, 2016
Nice Apps... Most of em are for Teenagers tho..

Social apps can get students addicted if they dont manage it carefully...
Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by faruz: 6:43am On May 01, 2016
buhari sef...

1 Like

Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by teepsee(f): 6:44am On May 01, 2016
Some are irrelevant. But nice post

2 Likes

Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by izuch(m): 6:44am On May 01, 2016
Quite informative, gracias amigo
Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by Sunexy(m): 6:44am On May 01, 2016
Apps to forecast nko?? undecided
Students like forecasting wella

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by Uchwilliam(m): 6:46am On May 01, 2016
nice one op
Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by Jinf: 6:50am On May 01, 2016
Some apps tho undecided
Here's one app i know all students would find useful...
THOUGHTSRY
With Thoughtsry you can easily organize and put your thoughts together in one place.
If you love writing or once in a while you need to take down notes, this (organized diary) app is recommended for you.
Download Here
Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by otswag(m): 6:54am On May 01, 2016
Nice info
Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by Iamlordgee(m): 6:58am On May 01, 2016
Wps 0ffice..does not view pdf
Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by azeecoboy(m): 7:02am On May 01, 2016
as far as i'm concerned,i prefer adobe arobat to wps,i downloaded a jamb slip but i cant veiw it clearly,asin there was some error trying to view it but someone recomended adobe,an twas useful.
the game "4 pics 1 word" really make sense,you have to rack,rack that ur brain before u could finaaly get the right word....
good morrin
Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by Amokomowo(m): 7:04am On May 01, 2016
Lovely
Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by Generalkorex(m): 7:08am On May 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by stano2(m): 7:13am On May 01, 2016
nice one..
Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by gentlegenius(m): 7:14am On May 01, 2016
faruz:
buhari sef...
Where did he go this time?
Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by EzePromoe: 7:16am On May 01, 2016
OP, you should have included e-books which would have been way more helpful. Social media should come last. I can't believe it that I saw Camera360. With all these apps at fingertips, where will a student get the time to study.
Disappointed sad

2 Likes

Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by Nobody: 7:29am On May 01, 2016
bet360, bet9ja, Nairabet apps nko, OP how are we going to pay school fees without those apps?

3 Likes

Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by Dafkelvin222(m): 7:31am On May 01, 2016
A
Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by herald9: 7:32am On May 01, 2016
Team Microsoft Apps:

1. Microsoft Office Mobile and Word are more professional than WPS;

2. Microsoft Office Lens does a better work than Fast Scanner
There's even Microsoft Excel for mobile...

Then Retrica is more perfect for that selfie than Camera360...

That's all...

For e-books, I use UB Reader and Scribd.
Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by superdude007(m): 7:32am On May 01, 2016
If u dn't agree with OP list n u know apps that are help for Student, be it 4 kid or adult, plz state it here. Thanks cool

1 Like

Re: Best Mobile Apps For Students by SmithHumble50: 7:36am On May 01, 2016
OK

(1) (2) (Reply)

Multilink Nigeria; About The Network / Pls Recommend A 30k Good Android Phone / All The New Smartphones Expected In October 2018.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.