Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,033 members, 7,838,582 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Nigeria, The Soft Rich Boy Forced To Befriend Local Bullies For A Peaceful Life - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, The Soft Rich Boy Forced To Befriend Local Bullies For A Peaceful Life (879 Views)

Under Jonathan, Dora Akunyili Was Forced To Work While Dying- Lauretta Onochie / Pro-Biafrans Stage A Peaceful Protest In America For The Release Of Kanu(Photos) / Pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu Leads Protesters In A Peaceful Protest In Benin (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, The Soft Rich Boy Forced To Befriend Local Bullies For A Peaceful Life by Litmus: 1:03pm On Apr 30, 2016

References:
http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2016/04/olonisakin-seeks-bi-lateral-cooperation-with-niger-cameroun/
https://twitter.com/beegeaglesblog

In an effort to strengthen the existing bi-lateral cooperation with Nigeria’s neighbours, the Chief of Defence Staff, General Gabriel Olonisakin, has embarked on official trips to Niger Republic and Republic of Cameroun where he met with the top Government functionaries of the two countries.

In Niger Republic, General Olonisakin met with the President of the country, Mahamadou Issoufou as well as the Chief of Defence Staff, General Seyni Garba where discussion on issues that concern the two friendly countries were highlighted.

General Olonisakin thanked the Niger President for the role the country is playing in counterterrorism operations in Lake Chad Basin and the country’s role in the formation of Multi-National Joint Task Force (MNJTF).

Nigeria’s CDS expressed delight that Boko Haram has been significantly decimated, a feat which called for stronger ties between Nigeria and its neighbours to ensure that no safe haven is provided for the retreating Boko Haram terrorists in the sub-region. To this end, General Olonisakin solicited for improved intelligence gathering and sharing, air asset operations and counter-Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) operations within the Lake Chad Basin countries and across ECOWAS States.

While in Cameroun, Nigeria’s CDS was received by the Camerounian Honorable Minister of Defence, Edgard Allain Mebe Ngo’o and the country’s Chief of Defence Staff, General Rene-Claude Meka where similar discussion, as in Niger Republic, occurred.

One of the highlights of the discussion in Cameroun however, was in the area of stronger cooperation in maritime environment, especially in the Gulf of Guinea, to tackle the incessant case of bunkering, oil theft and piracy. General Olonisakin has since returned to Nigeria.

This is the cowardly attitude that caused us to seed Bakassi to Cameroon. In all this, there is also an element of skimping and a refusal to accept the responsibilities of Nationhood involved . In the first instance, I'm referring to the possibility that the government thinks it is cheaper to argue that the majority of the Herders that go around murdering Nigerians are Nigerians just so that they don't have to spend money on ensuring our collective security by securing the borders. The government does not seem to realize that this is false economy because it will be costlier if Nigeria breaks up due to the insecurities we're experiencing, which i am convinced largely stems from open borders. Nigeria is also pushing to defend our economic waters in collaboration with the sneaky, two-timing neighbors controlled by France, instead of spending on modernizing the Navy significantly. Secondly, I'm referring to that insistence by some in government, and to some extent public sentiment, that since we share some ethnic relationship with people in neighboring Nations, borders should be left open. After all, didn't the colonials arbitrarily draw lines on the maps, separating brothers from cousins, etc, etc. How strange then that Cameroon thought nothing of this shared kinship when they took, with French backing, Bakassi from us. That same brotherliness has not stopped people in Niger,Chad,Cameroon and elsewhere from joining Bokaharam and strange Herdsmen to come kill us. People don't realize that the cultural and ethnic relationship between the peoples' of Zimbabwe and South Africa are stronger than those between Nigeria and Neighbors but yet see how xenophobic South Africans are to Zimbabweans. South Africa takes nationhood seriously (Uhm, this should not be construed to mean i support xenophobia).

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, The Soft Rich Boy Forced To Befriend Local Bullies For A Peaceful Life by Yorubasgreat(f): 1:08pm On Apr 30, 2016
The eternal problem Nigeria has is Biafra..

Without Biafra, Nigeria may never for oneday be afraid to adopt any measure to address treats to the acclaimed unity..

On the topic: it baffles me a lot when you go about writing epistle on this country.
I ask, for what?

The leaders of this country don't see themselves as what we think..

They all perceives theirselves as people who work the NIGERIA field..they don't see Nigeria as a home, hence they all have made themselves a dream home outside of this country with our collective wealth..

Without BokoHaram, one wouldn't have known that Nigeria Military don't have enough weapons to even stand a fight with Somalia. .

So manythings are yet to be revealed about this country but only time shall tell..
Re: Nigeria, The Soft Rich Boy Forced To Befriend Local Bullies For A Peaceful Life by DaBullIT(m): 6:00pm On Apr 30, 2016
Yorubasgreat:
T
So manythings are yet to be revealed about this country but only time shall tell..

Speaking of revelations , where can i see Ewedu Sniff ?? grin grin grin grin grin

Even if you comment rubbishes , i will still like your comment because of your username

Oya follow me
Re: Nigeria, The Soft Rich Boy Forced To Befriend Local Bullies For A Peaceful Life by Yorubasgreat(f): 6:42pm On Apr 30, 2016
DaBullIT:

Speaking of revelations , where can i see Ewedu Sniff ?? grin grin grin grin grin

Even if you comment rubbishes , i will still like your comment because of your username

Oya follow me

Yorubas are like grass that have allowed fair play by all groups in Nigeria. .. I think it's time for Yorubas to be allowed to play themselves..

Everyone has had the opportunity to play on this grass..there are potentials dying for dragging this beast called Nigeria along and Yorubas can do even better on its own.. Enough of all these insults.. It's high time we think independently. .

As for EWEDU, eat it, sniff it, drink it. .any how you do it.. It's always good for our system....
Re: Nigeria, The Soft Rich Boy Forced To Befriend Local Bullies For A Peaceful Life by Litmus: 4:41pm On May 02, 2016
Who knows, maybe it is also helpful for purposes of passing the grazing bill to argue that these murdering Herdsmen are Nigerians otherwise who in thire right minds would think it reasonable to provide lands all over Nigeria for Herdsmen, most of whome may be foreigners?

People would say let them seek grazing lands where they came from....and the bill would look even more ridiculous than it does already.

(1) (Reply)

Indigbo Leaders Call For Halt On Sarakis Travails At CCT / We Are Not Part Of Biafra, Says Delta SSG / "Civis Nigerianus Sum" Jonathan's Bloomberg Speech Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.