Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,933 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Why Do People Tell Lies? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Tell Lies? (2367 Views)

"Do People Practice Open Marriage In Nigeria?" - Lady / Why Do People Change After Getting Married? / 7 Weird Things Some People Tell You When You Have A Baby In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Tell Lies? by Mbkite(m): 2:03pm On Apr 30, 2016
I have taken my time to think about the reasons behind insincerity and dishonesty in human beings, yet I don't seem to get strong reasons why people tell lies. I therefore decided to bring this topic to nairaland in order to seek your opinion.
Why do people tell lies my dear lovely Nairalanders?

Note: OP is not perfect.
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by Stanleywaxy(m): 2:06pm On Apr 30, 2016
Well , sometimes you just have to lie to pass through an obstacle like lying just to get a job
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by Mbkite(m): 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Well , sometimes you just have to lie to pass through an obstacle like lying just to get a job
but, you can actually get even a better job through honesty.
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by Stanleywaxy(m): 2:13pm On Apr 30, 2016
Mbkite:

but, you can actually get even a better job through honesty.
Not when you've searched and searched and your honesty doesn't pay off , my dear you have to make use of the plan B
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by Mbkite(m): 2:15pm On Apr 30, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
Not when you've searched and searched and your honesty doesn't pay off , my dear you have to make use of the plan B
grin
Stanleywaxy:
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by Stanleywaxy(m): 2:20pm On Apr 30, 2016
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by dulux07(m): 2:28pm On Apr 30, 2016
People mostly lie cos they see it as an easier means to get out of trouble.
Sometimes honesty might cost u alot even your life.ask simon peter, Abraham sad
Its best to avoid unnecessary lies, lies that can hunt us inthe future
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by Mbkite(m): 2:40pm On Apr 30, 2016
dulux07:
People mostly lie cos they see it as an easier means to get out of trouble.
Sometimes honesty might cost u alot even your life.ask simon peter, Abraham sad
Its best to avoid unnecessary lies, lies that can hunt us inthe future
but u wil be sure of heaven
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by dulux07(m): 2:50pm On Apr 30, 2016
Mbkite:

but u wil be sure of heaven
Why not..does guys made it
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by Mbkite(m): 3:11pm On Apr 30, 2016
dulux07:
Why not..does guys made it
hahahaha
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by Mbkite(m): 3:11pm On Apr 30, 2016
Naughtynaughty, hateu2
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 30, 2016
Assuming I have a fat friend who I know is getting depressed as a result of being fat, who then asks me, "rationalmind, people tell me I'm fat every time, am I really that fat?"

Even though I know this friend is really fat, the very obvious answer is, "no, don't mind them, you're just slightly chuby not fat".

Another tangent applies to us guys. Most of us have at one point or the other told a lady we don't find particularly beautiful she's the most beautiful creature ever.

The point is, among other reasons rightly stated, people also lie so as not to hurt the feelings of others.
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by Mbkite(m): 6:38pm On Apr 30, 2016
rationalmind:
Assuming I have a fat friend who I know is getting depressed as a result of being fat, who then asks me, "rationalmind, people tell me I'm fat every time, am I really that fat?"

Even though I know this friend is really fat, the very obvious answer is, "no, don't mind them, you're just slightly chuby not fat".

Another tangent applies to us guys. Most of us have at one point or the other told a lady we don't find particularly beautiful she's the most beautiful creature ever.

The point is, among other reasons rightly stated, people also lie so as not to hurt the feelings of others.
u can as well tell d fat girl d truth but, in a mild way and then encourage her to work on herself.
To ur second analogy, u can tell d lady " u're beautiful d way God made u" afterall, all creatures of God are beautiful.

I so much believe in saying d "brutal fact"
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 30, 2016
Mbkite:

u can as well tell d fat girl d truth but, in a mild way and then encourage her to work on herself.
To ur second analogy, u can tell d lady " u're beautiful d way God made u" afterall, all creatures of God are beautiful.

I so much believe in saying d "brutal fact"

I wasn't justifying the lies
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by Mbkite(m): 7:07pm On Apr 30, 2016
rationalmind:

I wasn't justifying the lies
I understand your point.
Re: Why Do People Tell Lies? by eipreel(f): 7:09am On May 01, 2016
rationalmind:

Hmmm *unlooks*

(1) (Reply)

Big Red Rug For Sale 12feet By 9feet Size / How Do I Help My Sales Girl? / I Gave My Kid A Slap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.