Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Who Can Answer This Brain Teaser - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who Can Answer This Brain Teaser (693 Views)

Can You Solve This Brain Teaser? / Amazing:Attempt This Brain Teaser Quiz And It Will State Your True Age / Amazing:Attempt This Brain Storming Test That Will Give You Your Accurate Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Answer This Brain Teaser by Nicolars(m): 3:12pm On Apr 30, 2016
Ok the riddle goes thus.
Three intelligent prisoners- seun, lalasticlala and Mynd44 cheesycheesy were to be set free only if they could pass a test. The test was to identify the colour of the hat on your head. If any one of them can say the exact colour,all would be released. But if all fail, they won't.

Five hats were brought 3 blacks, 2 whites
One was placed on each of their heads and 3 of them were seated such that mynd44 can see both seun and lalasticlala's hat, seun can see only lalasticlala's hat and lalasticlala can see nobody's hat

Mynd was first asked, what colour is your hat? He replied I don't know
Seu.n was asked next, he also said I don't know
Then lala was asked last, he replied d colour and they were all set free

Now what is the colour of the hat on lala's head? And give a reasonable answer to how he achieved it?
Its d explanation that counts plz

1 Like

Re: Who Can Answer This Brain Teaser by Ramanto(m): 3:16pm On Apr 30, 2016
na my Oga them names you use for prisoners illustration so
Re: Who Can Answer This Brain Teaser by Nicolars(m): 3:17pm On Apr 30, 2016
Ramanto:
na my Oga them names you use for prisoners illustration so
Lolz baba, just to spice am na.....
@least dem dey "intelligent"

Warriz ur anza
Re: Who Can Answer This Brain Teaser by Ramanto(m): 3:24pm On Apr 30, 2016
Nicolars:

Lolz baba, just to spice am na.....
@least dem dey "intelligent"

Warriz ur anza
it's rigorous, my head can't pick a thing at the moment..lol

but on a serious note, if you have four options to choose from, and you r damn sure three of them are wrong, the fourth authomatically becomes the correct answer. same is applicable here
Re: Who Can Answer This Brain Teaser by timiay(m): 3:29pm On Apr 30, 2016
Ok I thinks it black cheesy grin
Bcus snakes r mostly black and lala loves snakes
Re: Who Can Answer This Brain Teaser by Nicolars(m): 3:32pm On Apr 30, 2016
Ramanto:

it's rigorous, my head can't pick a thing at the moment..lol

but on a serious note, if you have four options to choose from, and you r damn sure three of them are wrong, the fourth authomatically becomes the correct answer. same is applicable here

Hmm no, mayb if you explain in details
Re: Who Can Answer This Brain Teaser by Nicolars(m): 3:33pm On Apr 30, 2016
timiay:
Ok I thinks it black cheesy grin Bcus snakes r mostly black and lala loves snakes
lolz baba.... Gerarahere
Re: Who Can Answer This Brain Teaser by Meesquared(m): 5:28pm On Apr 30, 2016
dunno how to explain it clearly buh I'll try. the answer is Black. Lala knows he's been putting on black this way..
now picture their sitting arrangements this way. mynd44 is at the back of the room and he's sitting facing seun and lala. seun is in between both mynd44 and lala. note seun is backing mynd44 and the can only see lala. while lala is in front backing both mynd44 and hand seun.

now to the explanation. we have 3 black caps and 2 whites.

mynd44 at the back is first asked. he said he doesn't know. that means the two in front is either wearing white-black, black-black or black-white (lala and seun respectively). note it can't b white-white because if it was he'll know(mynd44) that he's wearing a black cap since there are only 2 white caps..

now the next person asked knows this.

he is the asked (seun). he said he doesn't know y because. we're left with option. white-black, black-black or black-white. message meaning he can either b wearing black or white and can't tell since he's only seeing lala in front of him.

now lala answers knowing this too. he asks him self if I'm wearing White. seun directly at my back would have known he is wearing black because there's no option of white-white which the last person made them know(mynd44). so therefore I'm wearing black which made seun directly at my back say he doesn't know because he could be wearing black too (black-black) or white (black-white).

intelligent trio.

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Answer This Brain Teaser by Nicolars(m): 7:07pm On Apr 30, 2016
Meesquared:
dunno how to explain it clearly buh I'll try. the answer is Black. Lala knows he's been putting on black this way..
now picture their sitting arrangements this way. mynd44 is at the back of the room and he's sitting facing seun and lala. seun is in between both mynd44 and lala. note seun is backing mynd44 and the can only see lala. while lala is in front backing both mynd44 and hand seun.

now to the explanation. we have 3 black caps and 2 whites.

mynd44 at the back is first asked. he said he doesn't know. that means the two in front is either wearing white-black, black-black or black-white (lala and seun respectively). note it can't b white-white because if it was he'll know(mynd44) that he's wearing a black cap since there are only 2 white caps..

now the next person asked knows this.

he is the asked (seun). he said he doesn't know y because. we're left with option. white-black, black-black or black-white. message meaning he can either b wearing black or white and can't tell since he's only seeing lala in front of him.

now lala answers knowing this too. he asks him self if I'm wearing White. seun directly at my back would have known he is wearing black because there's no option of white-white which the last person made them know(mynd44). so therefore I'm wearing black which made seun directly at my back say he doesn't know because he could be wearing black too (black-black) or white (black-white).

intelligent trio.

Boss, na u oooooo
Really intelligent Answer

You're right

1 Like

Re: Who Can Answer This Brain Teaser by Nicolars(m): 7:08pm On Apr 30, 2016
Ramanto, timiay.. Come and c ur answer.
Lala,seu.n and mynd.... Help do d needful

1 Like

Re: Who Can Answer This Brain Teaser by Meesquared(m): 10:18pm On Apr 30, 2016
Nicolars:

Boss, na u oooooo Really intelligent Answer
You're right
yea yuppie so Wahz my price?
Re: Who Can Answer This Brain Teaser by Nicolars(m): 6:31am On May 01, 2016
Meesquared:
yea yuppie so Wahz my price?
Ehm ask d 3 "intelligent prisoner" cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Lol... Photo Of HKN Gang Who Got Drunk At Davido's Sister's Wedding Goes Viral / Japanese Benefactor Rewards Nigerian Football Players / Help!!! P.tajra Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.