Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Charly Boy Shares Interesting Photo, Writes On ‘religious Kolomentality - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charly Boy Shares Interesting Photo, Writes On ‘religious Kolomentality (461 Views)

Maggy Anwuli Oputa: Charly Boy's Daughter Who Is A Bodybuilder & Mother Of 7 / Lilien Klint-Igwemba Writes On Tuface Idibia's Protest / Nigeria’s Hairiest Woman, Queen Okafor Shares Interesting New Selfies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charly Boy Shares Interesting Photo, Writes On ‘religious Kolomentality by dailytori: 11:53am On May 01, 2016
He shared the photo below on his Instagram page and wrote;

Before before long long time ago, Africans had their mode of worship till the white man sold to us, religion. I have lived in the white mans country and he is not as gaga about religion like we are. Is it that we now know more than our teachers or masters. How come we are now more religious than the pope. Trust us, our own god is not exactly like the Oyibo God, ours is custom made by us to suit our wimps and caprices.

Christianity in Naija is a different parol I tell you. Especially with all this penticostal Willy willy. Not that I want to caricature our way of worship but it’s a simple fact that it focuses intensely on “God-given prosperity” (ie making money) and spirit possession. Though I am partly a Christian, I am entirely opposed to blind acceptance of faith. I am also against the use of religion to exploit the weak and feeble in society.

http://www.dailytori.com/2016/05/charly-boy-shares-interesting-photo.html

1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Shares Interesting Photo, Writes On ‘religious Kolomentality by Destined2win: 11:55am On May 01, 2016
I don't care about your opinion Mr. Charly, all I know is that Jesus Lives
Re: Charly Boy Shares Interesting Photo, Writes On ‘religious Kolomentality by nigeriancritic1(m): 11:58am On May 01, 2016
dailytori:
He shared the photo below on his Instagram page and wrote;

Before before long long time ago, Africans had their mode of worship till the white man sold to us, religion. I have lived in the white mans country and he is not as gaga about religion like we are. Is it that we now know more than our teachers or masters. How come we are now more religious than the pope. Trust us, our own god is not exactly like the Oyibo God, ours is custom made by us to suit our wimps and caprices.

Christianity in Naija is a different parol I tell you. Especially with all this penticostal Willy willy. Not that I want to caricature our way of worship but it’s a simple fact that it focuses intensely on “God-given prosperity” (ie making money) and spirit possession. Though I am partly a Christian, I am entirely opposed to blind acceptance of faith. I am also against the use of religion to exploit the weak and feeble in society.

http://www.dailytori.com/2016/05/charly-boy-shares-interesting-photo.html
i really acknowledge a line there "weak and feeble"
Re: Charly Boy Shares Interesting Photo, Writes On ‘religious Kolomentality by AgbenuAnna(f): 12:59pm On May 01, 2016
religion is not by force do what your conscience will want u to do

(1) (Reply)

Remember That Omawumi Is A Warri Girl / 'I Needed To Slap Myself After My Unfeeling Post On Tiwa Savage-freeze / 'do Not Sign Your Life Away For Porridge' Freeze Opinion On Skales Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.