Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep (33944 Views)

6 Tips To Help You Fall Asleep / 3 Things You Must Do If You Find It Hard To Fall Asleep / 8 Lifestyle Habits You Should Change To Make You Fall Asleep Faster (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 01, 2016
Wow! Me dey pray for grace to stay awake. I fit sleep inside water sef if possible grin angry grin

3 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 01, 2016
OP, I'm like you. My average bedtime is 11:59 unless I had hectic day in that case I sleep early. The only non medical solution to is to watch a boring movie when ever you feel like sleeping ( that's what I do) or read a book.

I think it's common to people with high brain activity.
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by olagamalin(m): 11:11pm On May 01, 2016
The first step is to modify the topic .....it should be spelt "Falling".... Having pointed that out, I'm sure you will be fine. Cheers
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Maximus85(m): 11:11pm On May 01, 2016
igraman:
Please help,
I'm fed up, I'm having problem sleeping.
Right from my childhood days, sleeping in the aftnoon had always been impossible, not even a siesta.
At nights, its always after lying-in for about 1:15m to 1:30m before finally sleeping off and if i should get up to urinate before daybreak, my eyes will become clear; no sleep again no matter how hard i try.
Trams, Coddein, Valium5, Cenpain night, just mention it does not make me sleep, it only makes me high or intoxicate me.
Although i always feel sleepy whenever am depressed, bored, alone or in a cool breezy environment, the momment i lie down or get ready to sleep then the urge is gone.
what could be my problem.
what can i do to get over it.

Count 1-500 and backwards in your head.

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Idrismusty97(m): 11:11pm On May 01, 2016
Bjergtrolde:

No. He does actually have insomnia. Insomnia is simply inability to fall asleep or poor quality sleep. It is a symptom just like fever. Primary Insomnia on the other hand is a diagnosis in that you are saying that you have excluded all causes of insomnia such as the one you are trying to suggest.

Hyperactivity, poor sleep hygiene, stimulant drinks such as Coffee, Tea and even the fizzy drinks, late night exercise, aches and pains, depression, mania , anxiety and loads of physical illnesses do cause insomnia.

Alcohol paradoxically also is a culprit.
Check which applies to you
Well the OP didn't give enough information to conclude that. What is your definition of a "Quality sleep"? Some people can sleep for just 3 hours and still feel perfectly fine when they wake up, like it is the best sleep of their life. Condition varies from people to people. Some of us normal time of sleeping is passed 12am right from when we kids. We are used to it, it isn't Insomnia.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by braimeddy: 11:11pm On May 01, 2016
My guy I will advice u to take a sachet or 2 of derock an hour before bed time. I assure u that u re going to sleep like a baby. A friend of mine have this similar situation of us. Since he discovered derock, he has never complain again. Thank me later
igraman:
Please help,
Right from my childhood days, sleeping in the aftnoon had always been impossible, not even a siesta.
At nights, its always after lying-in for about 1:15m to 1:30m before finally sleeping off and if i should get up to urinate before daybreak, my eyes will become clear; no sleep again no matter how hard i try.
Trams, Coddein, Valium5, Cenpain night, just mention it does not make me sleep, it only makes me high or intoxicate me.
Although i always feel sleepy whenever am depressed, bored, alone or in a cool breezy environment, the momment i lie down or get ready to sleep then the urge is gone.
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by ireneony(f): 11:12pm On May 01, 2016
igraman:
Please help,
you need to visit a psychiatrist as soon as possible.
This is symptom of depression coupled with chronic insomnia.

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 01, 2016
igraman:
Please help,
If not that it's Nairaland, I woulda asked where you knew me from. You described everything that happens to me. Call me so we talk
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by DICKtator: 11:16pm On May 01, 2016
igraman:
Please help,

Listen to Vic O

Watch Nigerian movies

Exercise terribly during the day

Thank me later

grin grin grin grin
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Acidosis(m): 11:16pm On May 01, 2016
Visit a Psychiatrist.

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by paooxide(m): 11:17pm On May 01, 2016
Visit this link

https://naikob.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32#p33

It talks about why you are awake and how to o avoid that next time ..

Lest I forget , it provides a solution too
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by paooxide(m): 11:18pm On May 01, 2016
igraman:
Please help,

Visit this link

https://naikob.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32#p33

It talks about why you are awake and how to o avoid that next time ..

Lest I forget , it provides a solution too
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by dododawa1: 11:19pm On May 01, 2016
1,take four alomo bitter 2,off all appliances 3,SEX, if u dont sleep after 3days consult ur doctor.
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Bjergtrolde: 11:19pm On May 01, 2016
Idrismusty97:
Well the OP didn't give enough information to conclude that. What is your definition of a "Quality sleep"? Some people can sleep for just 3 hours and still feel perfectly fine when they wake up, like it is the best sleep of their life. Condition varies from people to people. Some of us normal time of sleeping is passed 12am right from when we kids. We are used to it, it isn't Insomnia.

Read the post again. He would not be trying to fall asleep again if he is getting quality sleep. He would not be taking opiates or hypnotics if he was getting good sleep.

Seriously if you are getting 3 hours of refreshing sleep at such a young age, then something ain't quite right. Of course there are a few exceptions and you may well be one of them , but 3 hours at your age, ? e get as im be.

My definition of quality sleep? Refreshing sleep. If you are tired when you wake up in the morning, something is wrong

igraman:
Please help,
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by dododawa1: 11:19pm On May 01, 2016
dododawa1:
1,take four alomo bitter 2,off all appliances 3,SEX, if u dont sleep after 3days consult ur doctor.
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Adek15(m): 11:20pm On May 01, 2016
igraman:
Please help,
ironically, mine is exactly opposite of yours. I sleep a lot. If I sleep in the night, to wake in the morning is something else. You can imagine most days I wake by 9am even if i sleep by 9pm. The worst part is if I drink bullet or nescafe, it will be as if I took sleeping drug.
Pls I need help too
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 01, 2016
Ariel20:
Wow! Me dey pray for grace to stay awake. I fit sleep inside water sef if possible grin angry grin
Trust me, sleeplessness is frustrating and sad. I've been there
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 01, 2016
Afrok:
Chai... permanent night workers will be praying for a TALENT like yours... please ignore my post and check if the poster below me has something better to say. He had nothing better to say...lol

Seriously, these days sleep dey fear to enter Nigeria coz the environment is not conducive for sleep itself.
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by friedakara(m): 11:27pm On May 01, 2016
bro,Google for problem and solutions jare.
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by preselect(m): 11:28pm On May 01, 2016
igraman:
Please help,

[size=15pt]first, get good sleep hygiene, this means no tv in your room, no radio, no laptop, no phone on in the room. dont use your bedroom for anything except sleep time. go to the bedroom only when it's time to sleep. make your bed very well and avoid it until it's bedtime. use your bed only for sleep or sex. avoid afternoon naps (siesta or whatever you call it), avoid resting in the afternoon and avoid your bedroom and your bed in the afternoon. dont read in bed (bed only for sex and sleep, and if you use it for sex, get out immediately after sex) then when it's time to sleep at night, go to bed, lie quietly, no phone, no phone, no phone, no phone o, no phone call, no text, no nairaland, etc.

if this doesnt work, try ,melatonin.

if these don't work, go village go ask questions grin

or blame Buhari cheesy[/size]

#Buharicracy
#GovtByBlood

2 Likes

Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by intruder15(m): 11:28pm On May 01, 2016
i kinda ve similar issue too. Find it difficult to sleep wen i lay on d bed. But d difference is dat wen i eventually sleep, i sleep deep nd would probably wake late d next day. Try playin blues, jazz, instrumental songs like yanni wit earpiece. Not al yanni songs o. Cuz some are noisy to me. Tune d volume so low u cant really hear d voice clearly but u can hear d beat... It helps.... For those tellin u to exercise, u can do dat in d morning or something. But dont try it in d evening. Or nite cuz ur eyes go clear pass cat own.
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by greggng: 11:29pm On May 01, 2016
This are some of the reasons why u don't sleep. Lack of money, involved in a dirty business that took someone's life, ie 419 involving a white woman hanging herself cos you ve stolen all her life saving. You committed sin of abortion. You killed someone for rituals. You sacked you wife and she jumped into the lagoon and die etc. Solution deliverance. Church mfm or deeper life or tb joshua not tunji o aka teebillz
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by intruder15(m): 11:30pm On May 01, 2016
Maximus85:

Count 1-500 and backwards in your head.

e no de work.
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by adeyeye5353(m): 11:32pm On May 01, 2016
My friend that is not a problem, I perceived such a symptoms once. Is only prayer and fasting that can solve the problem if u can believe me fast for one day and prayer tell God to take control that is all friend best luck or try fura de nunu u will sleep like dog
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 01, 2016
igraman:

thanks .. never heard of that b4
What!! You've never heard of insomnia? Well bro, you just met a co-sufferer. You are even lucky, i hardly sleep till 3:00 and i wake up by 6:00 or 6:30
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by stubbornman(m): 11:33pm On May 01, 2016
my guy my own I stay till 4-5am before I can get a good sleep
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by Tundeiab(m): 11:34pm On May 01, 2016
igraman:
Please help,
My brother your problem pass Nigeria own. I wish you success in your quest to seeking solution.

I think you should seek for spiritual help, Expecially since "oyinbo medicine" has failed.
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by martineverest(m): 11:34pm On May 01, 2016
Try yoga breathing exercises
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by preselect(m): 11:34pm On May 01, 2016
Ariel20:

[size=13pt]i have a friend that can sleep in a noisy train station grin you guys are lucky. i cant even remember the last time i slept in the afternoon.
i swear, when i was in naija, i had no sleep problems.I could sleep while sitting in uncomfortable class chairs with no fan/electricity and plenty of mosquitoes, as soon as i waka comot naija, sleep na wahala.
but i developed good sleep hygiene and it works most of the time.

what can I do? [/size]

#Buharicracy
#NoGasNoLightNoPeace

Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by dam4wummy(m): 11:34pm On May 01, 2016
Bjergtrolde:

Read the post again. He would not be trying to fall asleep again if he is getting quality sleep. He would not be taking opiates or hypnotics if he was getting good sleep.

Seriously if you are getting 3 hours of refreshing sleep at such a young age, then something ain't quite right. Of course there are a few exceptions and you may well be one of them , but 3 hours at your age, ? e get as im be.

My definition of quality sleep? Refreshing sleep. If you are tired when you wake up in the morning, something is wrong

3hours of sleep ti pe gan oooo when we dey sneek go watch channels night movies and mitv wrestling then go to bed fully around 2am and must be awake by 5am for morning devotion... now that internet don join, mehn sleeping for 3 hours is just too long

@op, since taking weed has been the best advice so far, i would never reccomend it. I reccomend u to make good use of this very rare beautiful gift of life to think of ways of enriching people around you by writing (journals, novels, etc)
Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by RichYoungNigger(m): 11:35pm On May 01, 2016
Weed is the solution to insomnia.
That's why USA is the best and wisest country in the world, they legalized it because they know the benefits of it.

If you smoke one wrap of weed, all you will do is sit there, think about what happened 100 years ago, the next thing you know, you're deep in sleep

1 Like

Re: Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep by chrixus(m): 11:35pm On May 01, 2016
I do experience such too. But I discovered that whenever I take any pain reliever drug I fall asleep fast... That's for me though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Delivers Conjoined Twins In Benue(photos) / Admiral Joe Aikhomu Dies From COVID-19 Complications (Photo) / How To Prevent HIV After You Have Been Exposed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.