Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,502 members, 7,850,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:22 AM

How Lightening Killed A Coconut Tree Instantly - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Lightening Killed A Coconut Tree Instantly (680 Views)

Python Killed A Big Sheep In Aba, Caught By A Friend (Photos) / Big Python Almost Killed A Lady Cooking In Her Kitchen In Edo (Photos) / My Father Killed This Python Last Night After It Killed A Hen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Lightening Killed A Coconut Tree Instantly by iamgiggssleaky(m): 12:54pm On May 01, 2016
On Wednesday 27/04/2016 at 5:30pm, the weather suddenly changed from being very sunny to being cloudy and dark and it was quite evident it was going to rain very heavily. My dad was sitting outside receiving fresh air when a great lightening accompanied with the loudest thunderstorm I've heard all my life struck. It was so severe that my dad nearly felt the impact of it because it happened right before him. He came inside the house and called our names to be sure we were safe.
The next thing we heard were the voices of people calling to alert us of fire which had caught a coconut tree close to our fence at the backyard. At that time, the rain had already begun pouring without mercy and the fire wasn't giving any sign it was going to stop. Some part of the tree started falling into the compound with fire stuck to it. We tried to quench each of them as they fell and by God's grace, the fire stopped after the rain fell for just 20minutes but the lightening killed the coconut tree instantly.
I only saw things like this in Nollywood movies and never thought I would see it in reality. Pls, let's make sure we take safety precautions during rainy periods by putting off our appliances and if possible switching everything off from the central point.
Has anyone experienced this before?

Re: How Lightening Killed A Coconut Tree Instantly by ifex370(m): 12:59pm On May 01, 2016
Bros Abeg.. Hu b apos
Re: How Lightening Killed A Coconut Tree Instantly by iamgiggssleaky(m): 1:02pm On May 01, 2016
ifex370:
Bros Abeg.. Hu b apos

my memo app generated the error.....
fixed now
Re: How Lightening Killed A Coconut Tree Instantly by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 1:05pm On May 01, 2016
shocked shocked
Blame jonahari
Re: How Lightening Killed A Coconut Tree Instantly by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 01, 2016
The witches of that land are working gringrin
Re: How Lightening Killed A Coconut Tree Instantly by Gboliwe: 6:04pm On May 01, 2016
I didn't know it catches fire when it strikes but I have witnessed lightening kill a tree. I wasn't at home when the lightening struck but when I got back, half of the tree was dead and half was alive. It still remains a mystery to me though

(1) (Reply)

Deplorable State Condition Of Calabar-uyo Rd Pics / What Made You Open Your Nairaland Account? / God Saved Me From Disastrous Accident Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.