Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” (31713 Views)

"Buhari Didn't Say He May Not Contest In 2019" - Presidency Rubbishes Reuters / Boss Mustapha Rubbishes ‘Executive Governor’, ‘Your Excellency’ Nomenclatures / Oby Ezekwesili Questions #bbnaija Voters - 11million Votes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by olokeded: 12:59pm On May 01, 2016
The Presidency has responded angrily to the criticism of its economic policies by Bring Back Our Girls group founder, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili describing it as inaccurate.

Ezekwesili, who spoke at a roundtable discussion on the state of the nation on The Platform, organized by the Covenant Christian Center, in Abuja on Saturday, April 30, had described President Buhari’s policies as archaic and enabling corruption.

The Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo who is heads the National Economic Council replied Ezekwesili’s criticisms through his Senior Special Assistant to the Vice-President on Media and Publicity, Laolu Akande who said that there was no evidence to back her claim that the economic policies of the present administration is archaic.

He said, “I have read through Dr. Ezekwesili’s statement and I did not see any evidence to back her claim that the economy is archaic.

“What is archaic in the attempts by the present administration to diversify the economy and spur technological innovation?

“What is archaic in the government’s attempt to find long-lasting solutions to the problems facing the country? What is archaic in the Treasury Single Account which has increased the level of transparency in handling government’s revenues?

“What is archaic in bringing to account those who have stolen our commonwealth and get the resources back to government coffers? What is archaic in fast tracking industrialisation and dealing with infrastructure? All these are economic issues.

“You cannot come up with your own unclear elitist summary of the economy. Although she is entitled to her opinion because this is a democracy,” he said.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/presidency-rubbishes-oby-ezekwesilis.html

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 1:01pm On May 01, 2016
As expected ...... very shallow and hollow rejoinder grin

181 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by SeverusSnape(m): 1:01pm On May 01, 2016
Hehehehehehehehehehe grin grin

I just dey laugh the "presidency".

Just see their 'wack' rejoinder, they've seen nothing yet, I'm expecting a ballistic missile of words from Fayose himself, Let's see how they will respond.

134 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by ObinnaIzuora: 1:03pm On May 01, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Hehehehehehehehehehe

Why not curse/insult the President as usual instead of booking space.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by SeverusSnape(m): 1:04pm On May 01, 2016
ObinnaIzuora:

Why not curse/insult the President as usual instead of booking space.
Of course, Buhari is a certified ethnocentric Brukutu sipping and gworo chewing dullard. grin

238 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by Junior66(m): 1:04pm On May 01, 2016
Hollow Rejoinder describes this perfectly.

17 Likes

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by ObinnaIzuora: 1:05pm On May 01, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Of course, Buhari is a certified Brukutu sipping dullard. grin

Oya, alert don enter your account for insulting your President. Round of applause.

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by Bolade005: 1:06pm On May 01, 2016
My biggest regret is campaigning and voting for this government. Nothing is working and nobody should try to convince me that something is working.

APC is the biggest scam and this government is the biggest mistake to ever happen to Nigeria after the ineffectual buffoon.

The economy is dying. Everything is expensive. I still queue for hours to get fuel at #87. Indomie pack has gone up by about #300. One spag that used to go for 120 now goes for 170naira. I can't afford to eat goat meat as much as I'd loved to cos cutting cost. Ordinary Caprisonne for my kids no longer sell for #50. Now, some will say is it Buhari's fault and I ask them, is it my fault? Or GEJ's? Don't tell me nonsense.

I can't remember the last time I use my eyes to see light. I spend a large chunk of money to power my generator. It just keep getting worse.

We've been scammed.

291 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by SeverusSnape(m): 1:07pm On May 01, 2016
ObinnaIzuora:

Oya, alert don enter your account for insulting your President. Round of applause.
*checks phone*, Exactly!... Thank you. cool

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by SeverusSnape(m): 1:08pm On May 01, 2016
Bolade005:
My biggest regret is campaigning and voting for this government. Nothing is working and nobody should try to convince me that something is working.

Please fill the form below. www.nairaland.com/attachments/3664395_93324_jpeg191233cc27770be6707666f298f2bf33

222 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by Eboski(m): 1:09pm On May 01, 2016
Oby just wake-up to know she as be scammed...
Pls nobody should sell wailing waiver form to her.....
let her remain the zombie she choose to be.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by 4Kemzy(m): 1:09pm On May 01, 2016
Balderdash rejoinder from the clueless presidency. Their cluelessness is stinking to high heaven.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by Boss13: 1:11pm On May 01, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:

Very shallow indeed. If this is the best the presidency can offer, then I shake my head in shame. The response lacked substance.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by Achuwa1(m): 1:11pm On May 01, 2016
pastor osibanjo where is ur evidence too tht uhave economy policy.
coz u ppl has just ran Nigeria aground & notn seem to be working,there are no sign tht it will get better.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by Bolade005: 1:12pm On May 01, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Please fill the form below.
Lol swerve.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by kYjelly2: 1:12pm On May 01, 2016
Mr Vice, this is 8 days now and not a single flash of electricity in Lagos of all places.

I wonder how no electricity helps the economy

How does no electricity improve my productivity Which in turn helps to boost my immediate community undecided

Why are you responding to someone When you and Fashola should be out in the field with helmets and boots fixing power supply.

Oga, with all due respect, u need to put on that yellow helmet right now and call Fashola, tell him to meet you at the power station for today's work, mtcheew undecided

101 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by SeverusSnape(m): 1:12pm On May 01, 2016
Bolade005:
Lol swerve.
grin Oga boss

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 1:13pm On May 01, 2016
Boss13:

Very shallow indeed. If this is the best the presidency can offer, then I shake my head in shame. The response lacked substance.
Typical of them to be shoddy with everything cheesy grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 1:14pm On May 01, 2016
kYjelly2:
Mr Vice, this is 8 days now and not a single flash of electricity in Lagos of all places.

I wonder how no electricity helps the economy

How does no electricity improve my productivity Which in turn helps to boost my immediate community undecided

Why are you responding to someone, when you and Fashola should be out in the field with helmets and boots fixing power supply

Oga, with all due respect, u need to put on that yellow helmet right now and call Fashola, tell him to meet you at the power station for today's work, mtcheew undecided
This killed it .... epic! grin grin grin grin

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by omenka(m): 1:18pm On May 01, 2016
Bolade005:

APC is the biggest scam and this government is the biggest mistake to ever happen to Nigeria after the ineffectual buffoon.
You regret campaigning for someone struggling to fix the rot occasioned by sixteen long years of savage misrule even though he's not spent up to 8% of the time it took to cause the damage, even under nearly 50% drop in government's revenue (caused by the decline in international oil price).

Regret you may, and you have the right to, but some of us don't and remain very hopeful that things will take a turn for the best before the twilight of Baba's first term.

If I could endure the last 6years, I see no reason why I can't endure enjoy 3. wink

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by SeverusSnape(m): 1:21pm On May 01, 2016
omenka:
You regret campaigning for someone struggling to fix the rot occasioned by sixteen long years of savage misrule even though he's not spent up to 8% of the time it took to cause the damage, even under nearly 50% drop in government's revenue (caused by the decline in international oil price).

Regret you may, and you have the right to, but some of us don't and remain very hopeful that things will take a turn for the best before the twilight of Baba's first term.

If I could endure the last 6years, I see no reason why I can't endure enjoy 3. wink
Your hoodwinking won't work today. He's now a wailer.

You're still here blaming PDP's sixteen years, meanwhile most of those people who partook in the "destruction of the country" are now saints in the APC. Can't you see that Nigerians aren't buying that lie again??

**in Bishop Oyedepo's voice** - I cast every zombie spirit from the body and mind of the poster you quoted in Jesus name, Go and never you return. I cast the zombie spirit into the pit of hell. You are now saved, Shout Hallelujah!!

138 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by greatness22(m): 1:23pm On May 01, 2016
She's just a "used and dump black sheep"

So

1 Like

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by PIPPROF(m): 1:29pm On May 01, 2016
omenka:

whats it with this 16 years stale excuse

was Nigeria japan before 1999?

you claim your from benue but run around this forum defending killer herdsmen like your life depends on it

and only fools believe an illiterate will turn around a country when he could not even improve his personal life

144 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by Bolade005: 1:31pm On May 01, 2016
omenka:

Brother, I've once checked your page and I know you don't live on ground so you won't fully comprehend what's going on in Nigeria. Brother, you can't understand what we are going through.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by DONMAYOR19(m): 1:42pm On May 01, 2016
lol....is called used and dump. can't imagine the mental stress that woman will be going through right now for being used and dump.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by omenka(m): 1:43pm On May 01, 2016
PIPPROF:

whats it with this 16 years stale excuse

was Nigeria japan before 1999?

you claim your from benue but run around this forum defending killer herdsmen like your life depends on it

and only fools believe an illiterate will turn around a country when he could not even improve his personal life
See as dem be. What the fvck has herdsmen killing got to do with this thread? Don't you guys ever have any point to make whenever Omenka posts a comment besides "Agatu" and "Fulani herdsmen are killing your people blablabla.."?? Na wa oo. Dem do una abi wetin

Fools thought the illiterate would never become the president, yet today, he's their president and the president of their mothers and fathers.

The fools should deal with that and stop whining like spoilt little babies.

16 Likes

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by PIPPROF(m): 1:48pm On May 01, 2016
omenka:
See as dem be. What the fvck has herdsmen killing got to do with this thread? Don't you guys ever have any point to make whenever Omenka posts a comment besides "Agatu" and "Fulani herdsmen are killing your people blablabla.."?? Na wa oo. Dem do una abi wetin

Fools thought the illiterate would never become the president, yet today, he's their president and the president of their mothers and fathers.

The fools should deal with that and stop whining like spoilt little babies.

fools hate criticism your friends have deactivated their monickers . before 2019 you will deactivate because of shame

the fact that you blame this countries problems since inception on pdp and forget the other years shows your a kid. please grow up and stop spreading falsehood.

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by PIPPROF(m): 1:52pm On May 01, 2016
gowon went to school. obj also others went into entrepreneurship while buhari stayed back and did nothing but declare 150 cows for decades.

when you criticise him now .one uncircumcised fool will come and be shouting on top of his voice

the hardship buhari has put this country to will hunt his generation . idiotic foolish cow in human skin

all these kids wh grew up yesterday dont know that history is repeating itself

nonsense undecidedl

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 1:53pm On May 01, 2016
I think i will support Omenka my man here ..... but errrrrrrm ...... where do i even start? undecided grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by SeverusSnape(m): 1:54pm On May 01, 2016
PIPPROF:
gowon went to school. obj also others went into entrepreneurship while buhari stayed back and did nothing but declare 150 cows for decades.

when you criticise him now .one uncircumcised fool will come and be shouting on top of his voice

nonsense undecided
Buhari is a perpetual illiterate and has nothing to offer, Nigerians are realising it day by day. My happiness is that zombies are suffering it too, and even more.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by Sunnynwa: 1:57pm On May 01, 2016
SeverusSnape:
Hehehehehehehehehehe grin grin

I just dey laugh the "presidency".

Just see their 'wack' rejoinder, they've seen nothing yet, I'm expecting a ballistic missile of words from Fayose himself, Let's see how they will respond.

Trust Oby to respond.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Rubbishes Oby Ezekwesili’s Criticism As An “unclear Elitist Summary” by amaechi1: 1:57pm On May 01, 2016
STFUand4kMeHARD:

Are those points stated not facts? Is the TSA not facts? Perhaps calling those that have stole our common wealth including the military not facts. It is only those who do not appreciate the rots in system will expect an overnight change. In as much madam has the right to her opinions, she should back her counters with facts and better alternatives.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Owerri Jailbreak: More Names, Photos Of Escaped Prisoners Wanted By Police / Tanko Rossi Sabo Donates Cash To Community, Pays School Fees For Students / Nigerien Military Coup: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Shares His Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.