Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,797 members, 7,813,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

First Aid For Pet Poisoning - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / First Aid For Pet Poisoning (764 Views)

Care Accessories for Pets - Training Shock Collar For Pet Dogs & More.. / Beautiful Unisex German Shepherd Pendants Neckchain For Pet Lovers / I Want A Small Monkey For Pet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Aid For Pet Poisoning by horladeji80(m): 2:27pm On May 01, 2016
A couple of days ago I lost my loyal and obedient Boer Boel to accidental poisoning (I opened a thread for this earlier). I wasn't home when she died, knowing about pet first aid treatment might have saved her life.

Before the arrival of the Veterinary Doctor I got some first aid tips upon enquiry:

*I caĺled a Veterinary Doctor who prescribed Dexamethasone tablets and a lot of water.

*A dog breeder also advised that I grind charcoal and mix it with Palm oil and feed the dog. (With the aid of an injection syringe, I had started forcing plain Palm oil down the throat of the 2nd Boer Boel that was also poisoned before I got this advise). I learnt charcoal detoxifies.

I lost one dog but the other survived thanks to all of the above mentioned tips.

Please feel free to share other pet first aid tips that can help save the life of someone's beloved pet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Aid For Pet Poisoning by nigeriancritic1(m): 2:45pm On May 01, 2016
horladeji80:
A couple of days ago I lost my loyal and obedient Boer Boel to accidental poisoning (I opened a thread for this earlier). I wasn't home when she died, knowing about pet first aid treatment might have saved her life.

Before the arrival of the Veterinary Doctor I got some first aid tips upon enquiry:

*I caĺled a Veterinary Doctor who prescribed Dexamethasone tablets and a lot of water.

*A dog breeder also advised that a grind charcoal and mix it with Palm oil and feed the dog. (With the aid of an injection syringe, I had started forcing plain Palm oil down the throat of the 2nd Boer Boel that was also poisoned before I got this advise). I learnt charcoal detoxifies.

I lost one dog but the other survived thanks to all of the above mentioned tips.

Please feel free to share other pet first aid tips that can help save the life of someone's beloved pet.
The correct first aid na "Pet Roasting"

1 Like

Re: First Aid For Pet Poisoning by Honourableone: 6:39am On May 02, 2016
IM Athropine injection
Re: First Aid For Pet Poisoning by Honourableone: 6:45am On May 02, 2016
IM Athropine injection

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! Cats Terrorizing My Ceiling / 7 Months Old Caucasian Male For Sale In Ph / 1year 5months Old Female Full Breed Caucasian For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.