Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,724 members, 7,862,314 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 01:44 PM

Fulani Herdsmen: Why Igbos Are Getting It Wrong - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen: Why Igbos Are Getting It Wrong (625 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: Why We're Yet To Send Soldiers To Benue, Taraba, Others - DHQ / Fulani Herdsmen: "Why Buhari Abandoned You" - Femi Fani-Kayode To Ortom / Why Igbos Are Now Decamping To APC – Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen: Why Igbos Are Getting It Wrong by chilan: 4:03pm On May 01, 2016
FULANI HERDSMEN: WHY IGBOS ARE GETTING IT WRONG
My Opinion

This menace is NOT political at all (so I believe) and should not be dealt with in a political way, otherwise, it will keep occurring knowing how "EFFICIENT" the governments have always been in solving issues like these in the past.

The simple issue for me is that some group of Fulani herdsmen who have been a thorn in the flesh of southern village farmers and middle belt farmers have upped their ante in their devious atrocities. They have graduated from raping and maiming indigenes in their homes to sacking villages, killing traditional leaders and holding big personalities to ransom in their homes. What do you expect of them when finally their kinsman became the Commander-in-chief of the Armed Forces in Nigeria. Utter ruthlessness!.

Now what is the solution: The solution is to remove politics from this phenomenon and deal with it the way it is. If some people enter my territory and kill my people, those people have murdered sleep and will continuously have to watch their backs.

Truth is I do not expect their kinsman at the helm of affairs to unleash the full weight of the law against his people. Even you the reader may not do that especially when previous southern presidents did absolutely nothing against them during their tenure, is it their brother that will now deal with them?

Knowing the pedigree of their kinsman, I will still want him to take action against these marauders. However, if he does not, I will not bother myself having taken solace in the fact that this evil is not political.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Why Igbos Are Getting It Wrong by 2sexycom(m): 4:05pm On May 01, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: Fulani Herdsmen: Why Igbos Are Getting It Wrong by hopeforcharles(m): 4:50pm On May 01, 2016
Jezz people can be silly sometimes oh, where is the solution na? Even if it's not political, igbos should defend themselves. If the government refuses to call his gangs to order or do the needful. Please can't U peeps Just leave the igbo man alone? If unlearned ones keep talking b. S towards the igbos Smh.

(1) (Reply)

A New Place To Sell Your Nigerian Made Product, Goods And Services / This Funny Reaction To Apc's Tweet / It’s Time For Integrity-challenged Danladi Umar To Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.