Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,646 members, 7,813,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem (60783 Views)

Buhari Changes Mode Of Prayers At FEC Meeting / President Buhari Attends Juma'at Prayers At The State House (Photos) / Prayers At Shekarau's House To Destroy Buhari's Government (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by push23: 1:47am On May 02, 2016
[siz
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by push23: 1:58am On May 02, 2016
[size=28pt]Majority of the military are not Christian or Muslim. They are Africa religion worshippers. Only person who can kill are in the army.

You have few Muslim and Christian in the military.

The militaey is most africa worship the Africa religion. They are the once who join the military .[/size]
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Appareil(m): 2:14am On May 02, 2016
Antichrist move! God forbid it.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by pablus: 2:46am On May 02, 2016
definitely find a place to add: "may thunder and lightning instantly fire those who plunder the Nation's wealth and cause hardship to millions of us!!!"

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Vado(m): 3:08am On May 02, 2016
dunkem21:

No just make me pour all my vex on top your body .. angry

..The person for that NOA wey claim say na him idea should face me angry

Na so JEGA's INEC stole my mock election idea angry

Lolz...no vex o grin grin cheesy
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by ABSOL10: 3:56am On May 02, 2016
a very good idea only if well executed...at least we will be save from Religious "abosi".....
OH GOD OF CREATION!
DIRECT OUR NOBLE COURSE
GUIDE OUR LEADERS RIGHT
HELP OUR YOUTH THE TRUTH TO KNOW
IN LOVE AND HONESTY TO GROW AND LIVE IN JUST AND TRUE
LET ALL LOOTER FALL AND DIE!!!!!!!1
TO BUILD A NATION WHERE "PEACE"
AND BOKO CONQUERED

FOR THE MAIN TIME THAT CAN HELP

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Nobody: 4:31am On May 02, 2016
Freegift75:

Exactly!

Even the prayers Pastors pray every Sundays is more than enough. At official functions, the name of Jesus or Allah should be suspended

Enough of hypocrisy...!

Good. But are you from this MFM?
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by ClintonDal(m): 4:45am On May 02, 2016
Freegift75:

Exactly!

Even the prayers Pastors pray every Sundays is more than enough. At official functions, the name of Jesus or Allah should be suspended

Enough of hypocrisy...!
You want the name of Jesus and Allah suspended, but turn around to heap blame on God when evil happens in our society. End times indeed!
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by anyimgbo(m): 4:53am On May 02, 2016
When the stanza is not in Arabic and you think Muslims will take it......?just go and figure it out...runs out of thread....
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Nobody: 4:58am On May 02, 2016
I tot its been implemented because we ve been singing it in my place of work since last year.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Umamman(m): 5:40am On May 02, 2016
moyakz:
not until they add 'all looters should fall down and die' to that stanza.
i dey ur back
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Sowada(m): 5:49am On May 02, 2016
It's a great idear. Let stop all those religious sentiment killing us everyday.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by adroitvezy(m): 6:08am On May 02, 2016
olafum1:

from Christian's to Academic's(computing and engineering mostly), General Novels and Romance
how we go take do am naa. I go like get some.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Jeffobinna1(m): 6:15am On May 02, 2016
Nice move,i support it
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Ripples334(m): 6:18am On May 02, 2016
The feedback so far has been positive.”

[/quote]

People generally don't like prayers except when they are in trouble.
I think both could be done together; after all, how long would it take to recite this second stanza?
If the little prayers have left us with this level of decadence, where will we be if it's removed completely.
When you neglect your foundation in your pursuit of higher achievements, the entire pursuit will end up crumbling as a pack of ruins.
Leave prayer a beg, there should be other less meaningful time wasters that could be jettisoned in place of STANZA TWO.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by riczy(m): 6:23am On May 02, 2016
is substituting Religious prayer with second stanza of national anthem naijas problem,I c sycophants every where,God y?
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by xilo1717(m): 6:33am On May 02, 2016
honestly e go make sense die....
I notice say dis days nah religion wan tire dis our nation apart no be even d tribalism wey many people dy tink......... GOD bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Dolly4u: 6:34am On May 02, 2016
moyakz:
Lol
Bros take am easy nah
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by swagzofroyalty(m): 6:41am On May 02, 2016
This development is inline with sections 10 and 37 of the Constitution, in that Section 10 is to the effect that no religion should be adopted as a state religion and religious prayers is nothing but adoption of such religion. Also section 37 makes religion a personal thing. In Nigeria we have more than 200 religion so adopting a religious prayer in state function is nothing short of direct adoption as State religion.

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by fejicruz(m): 6:46am On May 02, 2016
Fall down and die.
Die! Die! Die!
Fall down and die.

moyakz:
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Nobody: 6:47am On May 02, 2016
good idea.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by dominique(f): 6:50am On May 02, 2016
Oma307:
I dont see any sense to this 2nd stanza if we cant do what is within, is not about singing it also but the content that matter

The second stanza is not a pledge, it's a prayer. Read the lyrics again.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Nobody: 6:51am On May 02, 2016
Oma307:
I dont see any sense to this 2nd stanza if we cant do what is within, is not about singing it also but the content that matter

Well said.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by ooshinibos: 6:54am On May 02, 2016
please go further ..scrap religion all together in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Laredojohn(m): 7:01am On May 02, 2016
It's equally a prayer, but it doesn't represent a particular religion.. it's nice...I also second the concept.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Yhemit(m): 7:05am On May 02, 2016
nice development...... I support unity.....
in another news: Today is my birthday, love you guys to wish me...... by clicking on Like key
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by emi14: 7:05am On May 02, 2016
Freegift75:

Exactly!

Enough of hypocrisy...!

Suspending the name of Jesus Christ, suspending the name of God arises when the people are in darkness and doomed.
I have never heard something like this in my life. How can you suspend God.
This is the case when people of different physical looks, culture, religion, ideology even dressing are forced under one roof.
I weep for Nigeria. God comes after national gathering. God forbid.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by shaydeenamz(m): 7:06am On May 02, 2016
even building worship centres in public places should be discouraged
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by victme1(m): 7:07am On May 02, 2016
Very great idea. Very laudable idea. I concur. Please implement.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Mediapace: 7:07am On May 02, 2016
Yes dominique that was it,can't post on romance again.
dominique:

The second stanza is not a pledge, it's a prayer. Read the lyrics again.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Mackson01: 7:12am On May 02, 2016
Prayer is important. If prayer is thrown out, all caution is thrown into the wind. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Any nation that relegate God is heading for her doom.
Re: FG To Stop Religious Prayers At Events For 2nd Stanza Nat' Anthem by Longevo(m): 7:43am On May 02, 2016
What would be the closing prayer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Meets Joe Biden At The G20 Summit (Pictures) / Tinubu Wins First LG In Akwa Ibom, Defeats Atiku, Peter Obi / EndSARS: Protesters Use Buses To Block Roads Leading To Bwari In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.