Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT (5765 Views)

This Four Factors Can Destroy Your Blogging Career / 8 Major Factors To Consider When Purchasing A Domain Name - NCT / Top 8 Reasons To Make Visitors Addicted And Come Back To Your Website - NCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 9:36pm On May 01, 2016
1. Slow Websites
The common saying “patience is a
virtue” does not apply online when it comes to surfing the web. I can say it’s quite the opposite. To keep readers on your blog, the speed of your pages is very important.

A slow website will result your loss of conversions from visitors who are currently on your site,this in turn results in loss of potential
readers and fans, some factors which can make your website slow include:
● Unoptimised pages
● Uncompressed https
● Javascript issues
● Website layout (this is very
important because visitors mainly
scan through the contents rather
than read them)
● Too much flash etc.

In 2010 Google added site speed to the list of parameters for
determining site rankings, now the speed at which someone could view the content from a search result would be a factor. This boost your site SEO and ranking which definitely increases conversion rates and more clicks.

A slow website will not be able to
achieve good google ranking and
SEO conversion.

2. Web Hosting plan
Actually, your hosting account
depends on the price you are ready to pay. The truth is a cheap hosting account could lead to low
page speed performances. As seen
today, a blog starts with little or no traffic and gradually begin to have very large traffic. It is important to know when to upgrade a shared hosting plan or migrate to a virtual server.

Having the right hosting account and company to power your blog will ensure you maximum uptime and vice versa.

3. Uninteresting Content
Many bloggers spend most of their time making their homepage
interesting and the rest pages
uninteresting. According to
Forrester Research , in 2012, 54%
of internet users found websites/
blogs through search engine results, 32 percent through social networks, and 28 percent said that they found websites through links from other websites, so your homepage visits will reduce.
Homepages are not a blog’s main
entry point anymore. It is vital to
note that articles, blog posts or any other content that you add on your blog is also attracting traffic, which means every post should be
interesting. Always use words
everyone can relate to when
posting, this makes your content
more interesting and relatable.

4. Inactive Blog
Much traffic to your blog will
reduce when readers find only old,
outdated information and no new
posts. If they have nothing new to
read, do you think they will visit
again? The answer is NO It is very
important to have at least a juicy
post on a daily basis.
It’s also important to maintain a
balance between posting too much and not posting at all. Posting less frequently will make your readers lose touch with your blog. It is much easier to keep a loyal reader base when they have got information to read about each time they visit your blog. A reader’s intention of visiting your blog is not to look at the design or layout only (You can also read WEB DESIGN MISTAKES YOU SHOULD AVOID, but rather it is to find the solution and get informed.

Whogohost BizGrowth is the perfect way to start an excellent blogging career, she presents the solution to the above mentioned factors.

BizGrowth gives you the best
packages for less, it offers the
following:
Fully optimised and user friendly
website designs
● Fast and reliable Hosting
● Result oriented digital marketing
● Branding services
● Etc

Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by Flexherbal(m): 9:52pm On May 01, 2016
Very well said.
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 1:47am On May 02, 2016
Flexherbal:
Very well said.

Ok bro, #TeamNCT hail u
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by Julius2214(m): 12:42pm On May 02, 2016
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 4:39pm On May 08, 2016
Julius2214:

Your view
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by brunofarad(m): 5:57am On May 09, 2016
Ok
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by olafum1(m): 6:28am On May 09, 2016
How do I start my blogging career?
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by DExplorer1: 6:29am On May 09, 2016
The rules are just too much when you take Google as your only source of traffic.
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by fuadnero(m): 6:38am On May 09, 2016
Nice piece
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by Ptoocool(m): 6:56am On May 09, 2016
*blowing skushi*
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by emcee4love(m): 7:00am On May 09, 2016
Why not try Beta Host Limited

Beta Host provides Reliable and cheap Web hosting in Nigeria starting @ N3,000/year, providing services to meet each pocket. We provide State of the art web hosting service on powerful and reliable Linux web servers with Data Centers close to you..

All our hosting plan comes with free 1year SSL Certificate to protect your site again theft......... Why not choose us as one of your reliable hosting today & you will never regret having us as web hosting company of your choice....

Also they are giving out Free Hosting For 1yr with Coupon Code: FREEHOST

OFFER END THIS FRIDAY 13/05/2016. HURRY & GRAB YOURS. I HAVR GRAB MINR OOO. THIS CODE ONLY WORKS ON BASIC PLAN ONLY

Cool Right, Visit us today: http://www.betahost247.com

Like us on Facebook for promotional offers & tips on how you can manage & Protect your site: http://www.facebook.com/betahost247 Twitter: http://twitter.com/betahost247
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by Nobody: 7:12am On May 09, 2016
olafum1:
I can coach you if you want my service.
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by henryobinna(m): 7:16am On May 09, 2016
olafum1:
check out this post https://www.nairaland.com/3078854/get-affordable-professional-blog-free, to start your blogging career with lots of free perks
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by level10: 8:56am On May 09, 2016
COPY AND PASTE NKO?? IS IT BAD FOR A NEW BLOGGER??

COS I FEEL THAT IT IS A GOOD AND SAFE WAY TO START..LOL grin grin grin grin

AS A NEW BLOGGER ,THERE IS APPARENTLY NOTHING TO WRITE ABOUT THAT HAS NOT BEEN WRITTEN BEFORE

SO I FEEL COPY AND PASTE IS A WAY TO LAUNCH YOURSELF

COPY WITH SENSE SHA..

1 Like

Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by FunmyKemmy(f): 9:10am On May 09, 2016
Nice tips.
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by omanifrank(m): 9:30am On May 09, 2016
Thumps Up
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by wink2015(m): 10:01am On May 09, 2016
APHATHEOLOGY:
1. Slow Websites
The common saying “patience is a
virtue” does not apply online when it comes to surfing the web. I can say it’s quite the opposite. To keep readers on your blog, the speed of your pages is very important.

A slow website will result your loss of conversions from visitors who are currently on your site,this in turn results in loss of potential
readers and fans, some factors which can make your website slow include:
● Unoptimised pages
● Uncompressed https
● Javascript issues
● Website layout (this is very
important because visitors mainly
scan through the contents rather
than read them)
● Too much flash etc.

In 2010 Google added site speed to the list of parameters for
determining site rankings, now the speed at which someone could view the content from a search result would be a factor. This boost your site SEO and ranking which definitely increases conversion rates and more clicks.

A slow website will not be able to
achieve good google ranking and
SEO conversion.

2. Web Hosting plan
Actually, your hosting account
depends on the price you are ready to pay. The truth is a cheap hosting account could lead to low
page speed performances. As seen
today, a blog starts with little or no traffic and gradually begin to have very large traffic. It is important to know when to upgrade a shared hosting plan or migrate to a virtual server.

Having the right hosting account and company to power your blog will ensure you maximum uptime and vice versa.

3. Uninteresting Content
Many bloggers spend most of their time making their homepage
interesting and the rest pages
uninteresting. According to
Forrester Research , in 2012, 54%
of internet users found websites/
blogs through search engine results, 32 percent through social networks, and 28 percent said that they found websites through links from other websites, so your homepage visits will reduce.
Homepages are not a blog’s main
entry point anymore. It is vital to
note that articles, blog posts or any other content that you add on your blog is also attracting traffic, which means every post should be
interesting. Always use words
everyone can relate to when
posting, this makes your content
more interesting and relatable.

4. Inactive Blog
Much traffic to your blog will
reduce when readers find only old,
outdated information and no new
posts. If they have nothing new to
read, do you think they will visit
again? The answer is NO It is very
important to have at least a juicy
post on a daily basis.
It’s also important to maintain a
balance between posting too much and not posting at all. Posting less frequently will make your readers lose touch with your blog. It is much easier to keep a loyal reader base when they have got information to read about each time they visit your blog. A reader’s intention of visiting your blog is not to look at the design or layout only (You can also read WEB DESIGN MISTAKES YOU SHOULD AVOID, but rather it is to find the solution and get informed.

Whogohost BizGrowth is the perfect way to start an excellent blogging career, she presents the solution to the above mentioned factors.

BizGrowth gives you the best
packages for less, it offers the
following:
Fully optimised and user friendly
website designs
● Fast and reliable Hosting
● Result oriented digital marketing
● Branding services
● Etc

You did not mention "click fraud" google forbid this if you are caught you earn a life ban. That is the end of your blogging business as far as google adsense is concern. You can only resort to other paid to click program.
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by ITbomb(m): 10:36am On May 09, 2016
DExplorer1:
The rules are just too much when you take Google as your only source of traffic.
It is the best for me. Get one good seo optimized post then sit back and watch above 2k traffic on that post alone every day for at least 2 weeks.
No need to have running battles with NL and Facebook group admins

1 Like

Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by Coldfeets: 10:38am On May 09, 2016
5. Copy and Paste

Like you copied this article from somewhere and pasted it here without even bothering to format it. wink
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by DExplorer1: 4:53pm On May 09, 2016
ITbomb:

It is the best for me. Get one good seo optimized post then sit back and watch above 2k traffic on that post alone every day for at least 2 weeks.
No need to have running battles with NL and Facebook group admins
I get you! It's pretty interesting to have such attention from Google. Especially when you know your way around SEO.
I'd prefer more than a post though, the traffic keeps rushing and they're pretty organic...so cute! smiley
I've one of them on Google "How to Stop Your Man from Always Coming Home Late" ...every twist and turns about that longtail keyword has been topping Google Top 3 for almost a year now. That's just one and it feels good. Bloggers should learn SEO first especially if they write original contents not the CnP ones though.

1 Like

Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 09, 2016
getthatjob:
Points noted. By the way what do you think of this blog site?

https://naijajobsblog.

Thank you
just move to paid hosting with WordPress installed where you can have free chance to customize as you like, or better still use blogger, they have some very good templates.
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by WEMS(f): 12:16am On May 10, 2016
microjobpays for starters

If you are new to microjobpays.com you definitely need this tutorial. how to get started in creating jobs and making money in the website where people can contact you for your job.It creates good avenue for sellers and buyers all over the world thereby preventing scam by all means.

HOW TO REGISTER

1. visit www.microjobpays.com and click on register

2.You will need to fill form but most importantly you must have a working email.

3.Message to acticatve your account will be sent to your email.Simply click on the link in your inbox and you are registered to start making money.

HOW TO CREATE A JOB

1. login with your unique username and click on your profile and fill in the remaining required spaces which include your name and paypal account email for your business transaction and money making.(Visit www.paypal.com to open an online account ).

NOTE: without the paypal email it will be difficult for you to create a job in the website.We chose paypal cos we say no to scam and refund actions can be taken if jobs are executed without proves and customer's satisfaction..contact admin on issues like this first before going to paypal resolution centre if not we won't be able to help you.

2.Goto post a job at the right hand column of your logged on access.Then follow the template and tell us what you can do and for how much.In the description space..simply describe what you will do for the client.If there are extra fees involved for extra jobs please remember to choose YES in the space allocated for that.

3.Always choose good picture that describes the job post.Nude pictures are not encouraged in the website if not it will show blank picture.

4.Once your job is reviewed and approved you are in for making good money.Simply take the url and spread the information to all your social media contacts to like your job.

Members with high ranking liked jobs and sales will always be rewarded.Best of luck.
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by Emeka71(m): 2:04pm On May 10, 2016
Nice tutorial check-out www.9jatotalfacts.
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by todhost(m): 3:13pm On May 10, 2016
You may also be interested in this article: 16 Mistakes That Turn People Away From Your Website https://www.todhost.com/blog/16-mistakes-that-turn-people-away-from-your-website.html
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by maryannadaga: 4:54pm On May 10, 2016
Earn extra income: Take up this opportunity and be a part of this world changers who have invested time in providing solutions to human challenges and make it big through the sales of individual/corporate websites... DON'T BE LEFT OUT!!!
For more visit:htttp:www.hostnownow.com/hes

Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 10, 2016
getthatjob:
Points noted. By the way what do you think of this blog site?

https://naijajobsblog.

Thank you
not bad but I think if you need my advice you can reach me via whatsapp +2348164538341
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
level10:
COPY AND PASTE NKO?? IS IT BAD FOR A NEW BLOGGER??

COS I FEEL THAT IT IS A GOOD AND SAFE WAY TO START..LOL grin grin grin grin

AS A NEW BLOGGER ,THERE IS APPARENTLY NOTHING TO WRITE ABOUT THAT HAS NOT BEEN WRITTEN BEFORE

SO I FEEL COPY AND PASTE IS A WAY TO LAUNCH YOURSELF

COPY WITH SENSE SHA..

Bro, not everything had been written before!!!

You should also read this http://www.nct.com.ng/Thread-The-Disastrous-Consequences-Of-Copying-Other-People-s-Posts

The only part i like in your comment is COPY WITH SENSE!!!
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by Adefaze(m): 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2016
well said op.. webmasters in the house, Please kindly review my blog www.adefazeblog.com am i on the right track??
Re: 4 Factors That Can Kill Your Blogging Career - NCT by cupidkef(m): 7:11pm On Aug 06, 2017
cool[color=#990000][/color]following

(1) (Reply)

How To Optimize Images For Better Search Engine Rankings / How To Build A High Quality Website - Climaxbox / How Do I Monetize My Site Aside Google Adsense?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.