Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Chinese Shipping Agents... I Need You Here - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Chinese Shipping Agents... I Need You Here (1275 Views)

Chinese Shipping Agents! / I Need Info On China Shipping Agents And Their Charge Per Kg / Shipping Agents In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Shipping Agents... I Need You Here by 2sexycom(m): 10:36am On May 02, 2016
Hello and Happy day.

I am looking at a product that cost 30 chinese Yuan and weigh 2kg.

How much will it cost me in total? My friend said I might end up spending 200k+

Is there away to help reduces this fees like breaking them down in badges?
Re: Chinese Shipping Agents... I Need You Here by Lordtrillion(m): 11:30am On May 02, 2016
2sexycom:
Hello and Happy day.
shocked shocked

¥1 is equivalent to #50 going by the black market rate
¥30 = #1500
If you're to ship the item using Nigerian Shipping agents & you want to use 24hrs Express shipping
Average charge is $9 per kg & a clearing charge of #450
Therefore
2kg x $9 = $18
Taking #325 as the shippers exchange rate
325 x 18 = #5850
For clearing charge
450 x 2 = #900
Total cost to buy & ship your item will be
1500 + 5850 + 900 = #8250
Just budget 10k for everything. The person who told you 200k+ was probably pulling your legs cool

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Shipping Agents... I Need You Here by Nobody: 11:53am On May 02, 2016
2sexycom:
Hello and Happy day.

2sexy, You & I know that 200k is outrageous. There re so many chinese importers on nairaland, You could have simply asked them? undecided see as You dey waste Seun's nairaland bandwidth.

#Just kidding, b4 You con break my head on whatsapp.

Re: Chinese Shipping Agents... I Need You Here by 2sexycom(m): 1:45pm On May 02, 2016
Lordtrillion:

shocked shocked

¥1 is equivalent to #50 going by the black market rate
¥30 = #1500
If you're to ship the item using Nigerian Shipping agents & you want to use 24hrs Express shipping
Average charge is $9 per kg & a clearing charge of #450
Therefore
2kg x $9 = $18
Taking #325 as the shippers exchange rate
325 x 18 = #5850
For clearing charge
450 x 2 = #900
Total cost to buy & ship your item will be
1500 + 5850 + 900 = #8250
Just budget 10k for everything. The person who told you 200k+ was probably pulling your legs cool
The product no go let me sell cos I want to import 50 PCS of it. Na 500k be that. Abeg I go look for another thing.
Re: Chinese Shipping Agents... I Need You Here by 2sexycom(m): 1:47pm On May 02, 2016
Vikings007:
2sexy, You & I know that 200k is outrageous. There re so many chinese importers on nairaland, You could have simply asked them? undecided see as You dey waste Seun's nairaland bandwidth.

#Just kidding, b4 You con break my head on whatsapp.
lol boss, person go think u don abandon nairaland not know say u don turn mod for nairaland. Omo, na one product like jor. E for make sense to import but this exchange rate and shipping fee no go let me fit sell am the way I want.
Re: Chinese Shipping Agents... I Need You Here by mekaboy(m): 2:15pm On May 02, 2016
Find importers of the product and buy from them.
Re: Chinese Shipping Agents... I Need You Here by 2sexycom(m): 2:44pm On May 02, 2016
mekaboy:
Find importers of the product and buy from them.
lol... i dey talk say something no go let me buy from direct source u dey say make i buy from importers.
Re: Chinese Shipping Agents... I Need You Here by Lordtrillion(m): 2:59pm On May 02, 2016
2sexycom:
The product no go let me sell cos I want to import 50 PCS of it. Na 500k be that. Abeg I go look for another thing.
Ok, But this your item heavy oh. 2kg for 1 piece of it.
Anyway, the other option for you na to use Cargo Shipping(takes average of 2weeks to arrive). Shipping charge is $4.5 average & clearing charge of #350/kg
Or the best bet if you'll have the patience is to use Sea shipping since the weight of your product is high. It will take a month+ or more to arrive. You go need confirm the price from your Shipping agent. The shipping cost is lesser than the first two methods. Its not calculated based on weight but volume occupied.
Just do your analysis with all three methods & use the one most suitable for you.
All the best bro cheesy
Re: Chinese Shipping Agents... I Need You Here by mekaboy(m): 8:03pm On May 02, 2016
2sexycom:
lol... i dey talk say something no go let me buy from direct source u dey say make i buy from importers.

It will be more expensive for u to buy just 50 pieces even direct from source. Someone is already importing that item in hundreds of thousands in container loads.

It will always be cheaper to buy from them.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Shipping Agents... I Need You Here by 2sexycom(m): 8:22pm On May 02, 2016
mekaboy:

It will be more expensive for u to buy just 50 pieces even direct from source. Someone is already importing that item in hundreds of thousands in container loads.

It will always be cheaper to buy from them.
Thanks. I have opted for a different product.

(1) (Reply)

Practical Fiverr Lessons For Free (10 Videos) / Bestech Fuel Dispensing Pumps (an Innovative And Affordable Fuel Pump) / Help With Chithub Contact Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.