Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) (7406 Views)

Jah-bless Ft Ice Prince, Ruggedman, Eldee, Durella And Reminisce, Joor Oh Rmx / Lyrics To Somebody Wants To Die! Feat Ice Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by mailmalc(m): 12:17am On Aug 11, 2009
M.I is already working on his sophomore album, M.I 2, and this is the very first single. Only last friday, he was @ d studio with 2face Idibia, and from what we hear, the album will be like a movie. Believe me, it’s a huge project. Where do you expect to get more info on that? You guessed right: notjustOk.com. Stay tuned…

http://www.notjustok.com/2009/08/10/m-i-ft-ice-prince-somebody-wants-to-die-world-exclusive/
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by kaym2: 7:30am On Aug 11, 2009
i heard its a reply diss to iceberg slim and modenine , that the rappers were pushing him too much. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
1. iceberg slim --am i better than mi matter of fact u should ask mi! subliminal
and modenine ,ur nothing but the generic version of lil wayne ! subliminal!

can mi battle head to head,. i dont think so !this is the real test of an mc!

is it true ?mailmalc??
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by kaym2: 7:40am On Aug 11, 2009
the song is a bit weak as a warning shot , common i expected more punchlines from mi, this makes me think iceberg slim and modenine would floor him hands down. and this notjuskok boys spoiled the songs with 100001 notjust ok.com nonsense chanting on the background, i mean what thrash is that ? ovie or what is his name, notjusk ok for ya head. 100000times for a 4 minutes song?? una Bleep up o. grin grin grin
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by slimshay(m): 7:53am On Aug 11, 2009
if m.i's takes that line by modenine as a subliminal on him then he must really be spoiling for a fight. lets jus hope he is a lot wiser than that, just heard the track, its nice as a warning shot oh. but then you can either say its a status quo typa track or you could give it your own interpretations, cldnt identify any subliminals in a any particualr directions tho.
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by chrisical(m): 12:13pm On Aug 11, 2009
So another beef in naija hiphop is resurfacing again.
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by rapjunkie(m): 12:17pm On Aug 11, 2009
absouletly LOVE this track!!!!!! . . . . . . damn!!

I no go lie. . . .  , the boy is good . . BUT

it aint that great a 'warning shot' . . . . . . . . .  if its meant to be one, . . . . .it doesnt hit 'hard' enough. . . . . the latter part of his 2nd verse is ok but if i was iceberg slim or mode9, I wouldnt be worried at all  . . .

Not yet convinced that MI would fare well in battle. undecided
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by tosinaded(m): 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2009
simply M.I
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by udeycraze1(m): 7:40pm On Aug 11, 2009
I expected more from MI shocked i liked the pun with homo,omo and motto though.
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by DBR: 8:44pm On Aug 11, 2009
Nice track. M.i is just consistently on fire!!
And Nahhh, it aint a response to M9, well maybe Iceberg, dunno
cos that M9's line aint a diss to M.i, cos so many out there now sound like Weezy anyway.
But nice track, not hard enuff as a warnin shot tho but enuff to make weak ones do a thinkin doube-dutch.
And y y'all aint talkin bout Iceprince, times i feel the dude deeper than M.i maybe that's just me.
With this single M.1 is startin on a firey note.
oNe
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by lalaboi(m): 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2009
DBR:

Nice track. M.i is just consistently on fire!!
And Nahhh, it aint a response to M9, well maybe Iceberg, dunno
cos that M9's line aint a diss to M.i, cos so many out there now sound like Weezy anyway.
But nice track, not hard enuff as a warnin shot tho but enuff to make weak ones do a thinkin doube-dutch.
And y y'all aint talkin bout Iceprince, times i feel the dude deeper than M.i maybe that's just me.
With this single M.1 is startin on a firey note.
oNe

Not only you mahn. . .Am feeling that dude seriously. . . .Have you heard his remake of Mi's Money??
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by udeycraze1(m): 5:09am On Aug 12, 2009
lalaboi:

Not only you mahn. . .Am feeling that dude seriously. . . .Have you heard his remake of Mi's Money??

No, where can I find it?Could u paste the link?
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by kkkossy(m): 5:21am On Aug 12, 2009
Dis was iceberg slims update on facebook 2day word 4 word
''Figured since 'Sombody wants 2 die' i'll b responsible 4 his assasination', i told em it wil be an m.i stake but dey didn't listen''
i tink he rily hs beef wif m.i
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by slimshay(m): 7:25am On Aug 12, 2009
d beef is on!!! gbam!!!
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by oldienal(m): 7:33am On Aug 12, 2009
I read Iceberg slim's facebook update this morning and i just knew that the guy is like one of those musicians who doesn't have a future in Nigerian music. His update was childish, he started it first. He should just be ready cos M.I is ready for him. This might be weak but the next one will be like Modey's Death Blow Pt. 1.

Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by tosinaded(m): 7:49am On Aug 12, 2009
I still dnt biliv ice berg is capable of doing hardcore!
Till he proves me wrong,m.i will bury dis dude alive with rhymes! His records can speak for him!
And yes ice prince is ill,he wld even wreck ice berg slim at one shot.
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by ofokasibe: 8:46am On Aug 12, 2009
interesting . i know it is going to be a freindly battle. i personally feel that this MI track is lyrically weak somehow.
but for real mi is ok, but yall shouldnt underrate or overlook iceberg slim,the guy has a reputation of being a dope ass battle cat .check out his bios and persona, nobody wants to eff with iceberg o. he has been rapping and battling since age 6, check out some vids of his young days when he was young,
like 6yrs he was already into hiphop.
i have heard a couple of his songs and ooops that boy dey throw metas and punches hands down
iceberg slim no be yesterday rapper o ,, plus he makes battle beats so i heard , the beat aspect of the battle would go to iceberg slim iceberg slim dude is fuxking sick with the flows. finally MI has a reputable competition. if mi wins this lyrical battle then he would be finally crowned the new hiphop king. i just love naija hiphop nowadays , btw so nairalanders yall have abandoned death blow 2 and the mode /rugged beef, lol nigerians ! grin so yall say its on right ?

MI VS ICEBERG SLIM . OR
ICEPRINCE VS ICEBERG SLIM IS THAT NOT ICE VS ICE , ?
THIS WOULD BE A FUN BATTLE TO SEE. I LUV 2009 NAIJA HIPHOP . NOW THATS WHAT REAL HIPHOP IS ALL ABOUT .
I PRAY THIS RESULTS IN HUGE RECORD SALES FOR BOTH MCS , THOSE 2 GUYS ARE REALLY GOOD LYRICALLY.

@TOSINADEDA & LALABOI
I SEE U !
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by lalaboi(m): 8:51am On Aug 12, 2009
udeycraze?:

No, where can I find it?Could u paste the link?

http://www.notjustok.com/2009/08/07/ice-prince-money-crazy-exclusive/
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by lalaboi(m): 9:01am On Aug 12, 2009
I think M.I fans pushed M.I to draw first blood. . . .I dont think Icebergslim called out M.I with those lines. . . .Just his fans making a meal outta it, . .

Well sha. . . .These 2 songs don dey my playlist dey jam! grin. . . .Can M.I kill person?? Me i nor one die oh
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by Bamsyle(m): 9:14am On Aug 12, 2009
Lalaboi, what's going on??

*You know what I'm talking about*
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by tosinaded(m): 9:51am On Aug 12, 2009
Lala u dey fall my hand,wut do u mean ice berg didnt really on m.i?
With the lines he spat on dat track!
He cald m.i like 5times!
He even askd a question on facebook if he was better than m.i,and u stil thnk he wasnt caln him out!

This na correct diss track 4rm berg,no b til u take things personal like mode b4 we know its a diss track.

Back2 m.i's song,4 u all sayn d track aint strong enuf,dis is d beginning and u dnt throw out all ur shots. Guess dats wut he meant wen he said "yeah i like beef but right now am fasting"
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by Bamsyle(m): 10:22am On Aug 12, 2009
Lalaboi aiight, I 'see' you dude . . . thanks mahn (was in a kinda hasty mood and got some thangs mixed up this morn . . . grin) . . .

@Topic

Ain't heard the song yet but I feel you and DBR on Iceprince . . . that dude's very promising.
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by khanye(m): 10:41am On Aug 12, 2009
Can't wait to listen to the song!
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by adeblogs: 11:04am On Aug 12, 2009
@mailmalc,

That's a lovely Sig., I mean the cartoon soldier who spins his rifle. REALLY NICE.

Person wey wan test M.I go try cos he has to come across as original and not copy the 'short, black boy'.

U get?
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by Genuflect(m): 11:23am On Aug 12, 2009
This is going to be so interesting. Cos the 2 of 'em are actually lyrically sound
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by chrisical(m): 12:31pm On Aug 12, 2009
BEEF BEEF BEEF angry
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by rapjunkie(m): 12:42pm On Aug 12, 2009
Naija hip hop is getting really interesting. . . . . . . . .  . . . grin cheesy grin
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by slimshay(m): 1:15pm On Aug 12, 2009
wait oh, dis thing is not balanced, is it m.i vs iceberg or m.i. & ice prinze vs iceberg, most likely will turn to chocolate city vs iceberg, ha, if this guy fit try see draw, then him don win!!! gladiators to the arena, let those who are about to die greet the people of rome!!!!
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by kaym2: 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2009
hey guys see what i saw on amebo.com , i can see its exactly the same way jay-z called out nas in a performance in US, iceberg capb and co are also in US calling out MI, in a public mall performance .
i guess most naija americans rappers with american phonee flows are thinkin they are better than naija boys
, maybe thats where they got the call out from , take a look at the video i saw it from sturv, notjustok referred by amebor.com. its very funny. http://www.sturvs.com/Video/Ice_Berg_calling_out_MI/

the other cap-b guy that rapped after iceberg said ''his money is so long that his money is taller than mi'',
now thats a heavy punchline.! grin watch the video and listen well to the lines.

now sauron and co posted some similarities between miand modenine lines, they look similar but looks like subliminals to each other , take a look

DBR:

u like a boss with no gutts never Firing/ Mr Biggs is Hiring /get a job or break away/-M9
this lyrics that im firing/ but dont be dismay cos Zenith bank is hiring/-M.i

bite if u fit cos i pen all my cyphers in java script-M9
study my script like java-M.i

ur not ill, ur a hypochondriac., got no style, plus u imagine that-M9
dude say he was really ill, like a hypochondriac like a cheap ***-M.i

All the other dudes talkin bling bling, no men im different-M.i
Bling bling bubble gum rap, i dont feel that-M9

straight hair like perming tool-M9
i can get ur hair right like a hair salon/-M.i

My album too hot u cant shelf me/-M.i
my album drop and u whisk it off the shelf/-M9

flyer than the upper echelon/-M.i
U messin with the Upper echelon/-M9

i raised the bar for lyrics y'all can do the limbo under it
cos ur whole style is confetti-M9
see it's a pity but ur witty flow is confetti -M.i

Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by Rhymstein(m): 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2009
This na Mr International vs Mr Incredible.

Make una bone,i dey feel the guy since him verse 4 big boy.As a matter of fact.I want 'pop off' to take on a rapper 4 nigeria.E go murder die
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by chamotex(m): 7:52pm On Aug 12, 2009
There's no contest here . . . . . . . . NEXT!!!
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by busygirl(f): 9:43pm On Aug 12, 2009
nice track. That notjustok thingy is soooo annoying grin
btw, i love ICE PRINCEEEEE.dude is good
Re: M.i Ft Ice Prince – Somebody Wants To Die (brand Nu M.i) by icezik1(m): 1:06am On Aug 13, 2009
I don't think this song is directed at anyone specifically, however there's a rhyme that sounds suspiciously like it might have been directed at Mode9's "Badman" track

Hate on my style, hate on my flows, hate on my vocal chords
Just setting a BADMAN loose like they're open doors.

Hmmm, this could be a subliminal since mode9 did say

you're just a generic version of lil' wayne

on his "badman" track and M.I was referring to his vocal chords in his own rhyme!

Sha, i'm just saying ,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free Beat: Kennymix _ Smalldoctor Penalty Instrumental / Samklef Ft Olamide - Suwe Remix (Video) / Davido Vs Psquare: Who Is The Better Lover? (in Music, Style & Charisma)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.