Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,263 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 (35765 Views)

Queen Elizabeth II Arrives Lugard's House, Kaduna 1956 (Throwback Photo) / Obiano Visits The Obi Of Onitsha In A Grand Style - Check Photos / Queen Elizabeth Meet Oba Of Lagos In Style And The Civilian President Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 03, 2016
asha90:
Onitsha no be today it started receiving world leaders..Mongo Park and Landers Brothers were once in this great city! First Christian missionaries in the East led by Equino and Crowther started from this city which later spread to all parts of the Eastern region.

By this picture it is clear now that the Obi of Onitsha is the most important and most powerful stool East of the Niger! The Obi of Onitsha dynasty has been in existence for over 500yrs.

Obi of Onitsha, Ooni of Ife, Emir of Kano and Oba of Benin are truly the first class kings in Nigeria
How about Sultan.. Sultan is the head of emirs, so he deserves to be there.
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by nnamokenna(m): 9:30pm On May 03, 2016
It is very very unfortunate that a lot of people just come on Nairaland and write a lot of trash they probably heard from other misinformed or uninformed people. People (especially the youth) don't take time to do simple research anymore. Even with this age of Google!

To read somebody referring to the Igbos as coming from Cameroon was truly nauseating. The height of mischief. The most disturbing aspect is that he probably believes it to be true and would defend it with his life. SMH!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by SIRRDIQ(m): 10:08pm On May 03, 2016
asha90:
Onitsha no be today it started receiving world leaders..Mongo Park and Landers Brothers were once in this great city! First Christian missionaries in the East led by Equino and Crowther started from this city which later spread to all parts of the Eastern region.

By this picture it is clear now that the Obi of Onitsha is the most important and most powerful stool East of the Niger! The Obi of Onitsha dynasty has been in existence for over 500yrs.

Obi of Onitsha, Ooni of Ife, Emir of Kano and Oba of Benin are truly the first class kings in Nigeria
Bros no forget The Tombochim Of Mambilla Kingdom......infact they are d real First Class
Re: Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 by after1: 12:21am On May 04, 2016
Ilovemystate:

Tunde AKA after1 Osun dey ebay find a way to rescue your state, stop hiding under Igbo name be proud of your tribe she-male

@mynd44, I just got back from a month ban today for replying an insult from this guy alternate handle- FK081. I want you to please warn this boy to stop shouting my name everywhere. I am an Awori man and not from Osun, my name is not Tunde. I have never been to Osun in my life, even though they are good people and also Yoruba like me. Desist from accusing me wrongly else i will disgrace you here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2000 People Killed By Boko Haram In Baga, Borno State? / Attack On TVC: 250 Staff Out Of Work – TVC CEO, Hanlon / Many Soldiers Killed, Dozens Injured As Insurgents Invade Base In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.