Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Abuja: Many Houses, No Tenants • Changing Face Of A Federal Capital - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Abuja: Many Houses, No Tenants • Changing Face Of A Federal Capital (44435 Views)

Edo Landlord Burns Down His House Over Tenants’ Refusal To Pay Rent (Video) / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" / 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja: Many Houses, No Tenants • Changing Face Of A Federal Capital by antispexish(m): 3:04pm On May 03, 2016
Krucifax:

Lagos only ever became "relevant" because it was made the nation's capital period. Abuja is on course to be far greater than Lagos.
Abuja is the National capital and already has the highest migration rate of Nigerian states.
not according to census details, not according to nigerian mentality and definitely not according to people's observation. on this thread, you have just been told about empty estates. In lagos, estates are probably sold before they are even built.
Abuja is unique in that it was created from other states as a unity state with no tribal antecedent. It's for every Nigerian.
the tribal antecedent of lagos has not stopped it froM being the nerve center of the country, years after it lost its status as a capital.
Abuja has far greater infrastructure than Lagos and was built to plan.
built to plan? ,yes, Greater infrastructure? no
compare and contrast,
national theather
Tafawa belewa square
number of military barracks
federal bridges
federal hospitals
hotels
federal roads
housing estates
company headquarters
hi rise buildings
and so on

Abuja's true landmass had not even reached 50% occupation. While Lagos is already saturated and having to reclaim land from the sea. Meaning Abuja has far more potential and opportunities than Lagos.

modern technology and the ability to build vertically more than horizontaly has thrown such advantage to the dustbin. There is still land in lagos, go to epe badagry and ikorodu.

The fact that developers are reclaiming land from the sea shows you that people prefer to stay in lagos than stay in Abuja. eko Atlantic is a very good example.
Abuja is at the heart and centre of Nigeria and can be easily assessed from any part of Nigeria.

depends, why do I want to assess Abuja?
Abuja has better statistics on crime,infrastructure,schools,health care than Lagos.

statistics does not depend only on number of crimes, the ratio is important.
The number of schools in my local government is more than the number of schools in abuja
health care? government or private or both?
Abuja presents far more business opportunities than Lagos due to business saturation in Lagos. Whilst Lagos is an already mature market Abuja is relatively virgin territory where ideas of products and services can flourish.
good, you just showed us that Abuja, like other places in nigeria is still up an coming
Also for foreigners,diaspora and even Nigerians at home Abuja is saner,safer,cleaner and far more organised than Lagos.
and yet , airline traffic to lagos is far far more than Abuja.
hotels in lagos are more than hotels in Abuja
recreational centres in lagos are filled all year round.
There are more foreigners in lagos than the whole country combined, they gave even started having communities.

Lagos' best days are behind it and it's on the decline. Abuja is the future!!
goggle eKo Atlantic, lagos is light years ahead and still developing!

1 Like

Re: Abuja: Many Houses, No Tenants • Changing Face Of A Federal Capital by antispexish(m): 3:10pm On May 03, 2016
Krucifax:

The Portuguese landed in Lagos per chance due to location. However making Lagos the state capital meant billions of dollars were spent investing in Lagos over the years part of that investment was the sea port you mentioned. There are other Nigerian states well placed for building seaports but they were not chosen as capital and therefore didn't have the same investment opportunities. Granted the presence of the ports will always be a trump card for Lagos but there are many other types of business opportunities. The level of investment in Abuja is incredible and if you've ever had a chance to see some of the planned projects you will know that in some years time everyone in Africa will want to be in Abuja.

name any planned project in abuja, lagos has already done it, it is presently doing it,or it plans to do some thing better.
Re: Abuja: Many Houses, No Tenants • Changing Face Of A Federal Capital by tobolos(m): 8:14am On May 04, 2016
The searchlight should be beamed on ikoyi and part of vi too. So many vacant houses in these axis.
Re: Abuja: Many Houses, No Tenants • Changing Face Of A Federal Capital by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 06, 2016
S6un:
Abuja is simply a fake city. Remove all the wuru wuru due to the sit of power , you are left with a ghost town.

Anyway when bia.fra come, even Sahara desert will be more vibrant than Abuja

is the word biafra censored? Why the dot inside it?
Re: Abuja: Many Houses, No Tenants • Changing Face Of A Federal Capital by Raymagnate(m): 12:12am On May 23, 2016
Our rich men build houses in FCT, send their children outside the country. They put the houses at a higher cost no one can afford. They hire this guy to take care of the compound, pay him salary. He sleeps everywhere in the house with his numerous girlfriends except the Masters bedroom. Now tell me these guys are not crazy......

Re: Abuja: Many Houses, No Tenants • Changing Face Of A Federal Capital by igbanbajo(m): 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
timpaker:
Apo has the highest number of empty houses in Abuja, followed by Gudu.

Go to those areas and see porshe houses rotting away.

Even in my neighbourhood, I often wonder if the estates that surrounds us are just for deco. Infact, some security guards have started renting them out to corpers and other promiscuous fella who'd wanna do a quicky or a weekend getaway with their mistress.

The owner of one of the estates close to mine put his buildings up for sale at 40million for a 3bedroom bungalow but no one came until recently, when someone offered him 12million for that same prototype, the guy quickly told is agent to collect the money. Owu don blow the guy small. Heeheheheh

Pm your number.
Re: Abuja: Many Houses, No Tenants • Changing Face Of A Federal Capital by Ndipe(m): 2:17am On Jul 26, 2016
jimi4us:
I've been to Ikoyi , lekki and VI. But I have never see anything like Abuja empty houses. Millions of houses are completely built but nobody to buy them or even rent them. The developers there are very greedy. Somewhere in maitama (ministers hill) a duplex for sale goes for N2.5billion. Scary world out there.

Greed.
Re: Abuja: Many Houses, No Tenants • Changing Face Of A Federal Capital by tinzymoha: 10:20am On Sep 01, 2016
Please your number or just email me educatblogg@gmail.com

timpaker:
Apo has the highest number of empty houses in Abuja, followed by Gudu.

Go to those areas and see porshe houses rotting away.

Even in my neighbourhood, I often wonder if the estates that surrounds us are just for deco. Infact, some security guards have started renting them out to corpers and other promiscuous fella who'd wanna do a quicky or a weekend getaway with their mistress.

The owner of one of the estates close to mine put his buildings up for sale at 40million for a 3bedroom bungalow but no one came until recently, when someone offered him 12million for that same prototype, the guy quickly told is agent to collect the money. Owu don blow the guy small. Heeheheheh

Re: Abuja: Many Houses, No Tenants • Changing Face Of A Federal Capital by victichy: 8:47am On Mar 28, 2017
tinzymoha:
Please your number or just email me educatblogg@gmail.com

Sent you a mail bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) / Building Collapses, Kills Child In Anambra State (Graphic Photos) / This Is How Demolitions Of Super Tall Buildings Are Done!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.