Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,850 members, 7,828,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter (27728 Views)

Adamawa: Fulani Herdsmen Attack Community With Helicopter / Herdsmen With Arms Storm Taraba Assembly, Threaten Showdown Over Grazing Bill / Police Distributes Flyers With Helicopter In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by Enesi47: 9:11am On May 03, 2016
charliboy654:

are u alrite at all?
when have u seen me praising fayose, I just commended a good governor for his good work, what brought fayose into this topic. well sorry for quoting u.
many are mad, but few are truly roaming the street.
I can see you among
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by IkpuMmadu: 9:13am On May 03, 2016
Nature8:

Speak for yourself bro.. I'm from Anambra and Me, Myself, I and my family can do far more better without them.. Don't speak for Anambrarians abeg.. They're your friend and they're like your brothers, not our brothers.. Apart from cattle rearing, what else are they contributing in Anambra? Absolute nothing!

Don't mind that bastard
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by MasterofNL: 9:29am On May 03, 2016
PapaBrowne:
Another simple solution would be the use of drones(UAVs) to constantly scan the forests for unusual groupings of these herdsmen. Drones are a pretty cheap technology.

I use drop especially on my farm to scan for any intrusion. So I wonder why States can't deploy drones.

You have such a large farm?
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by Ura: 9:31am On May 03, 2016
I no fit laff. U are using helicopter for people who use charms and disappear and reappear during fights? The government should go to communities that have encountered them, especially those that were able to engage in fighting with them, then, they will be able to decide on how to tackle them. By the way, some of those cows belong to public officers. Fulanis are just like custodians. This is a matter that all should be invited on board, including NGOs so that investigations will be thorough.
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by austinom2012(m): 9:38am On May 03, 2016
Every thing about this man (obiano) is all ways good, leading while others are following.[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by austinom2012(m): 9:42am On May 03, 2016
Every thing about this man (obiano) is all ways good, leading while others are following.[/color][color=#006600]
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by Nobody: 9:44am On May 03, 2016
Firgemachar:
Nice one.
I hope the SW states can follow suit. Lagos has already been doing same for some time though.
30 million southerners in the north? Bullllshiiiiiit!!!!!!

Don't mind the Bastards.
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by Nobody: 9:44am On May 03, 2016
Enesi47:
I can see you among
I don't see y u are having beef wit me, not every one on nl, is an iPob or zombie or wailers, because I said he is d best governor in Nigeria doesn't mean am ibo.
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by Afritop(m): 9:52am On May 03, 2016
it is the mercenaries they hire that they ought to pay close attention to
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by Nobody: 9:52am On May 03, 2016
What will happen when fuel scarcity hit the chopper operation....... By the way..... How many choppers will cover the entire state? Why not apply quality choice like drones...... The cost of one chopper operation can buy 1000pcs of drones. Share the drones across the communities to help monitor criminal activities across the states.
The sooner we start using applicable technologies in solving or tackling challenges, the better for us.
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by SweetBoyFriend(m): 9:57am On May 03, 2016
rareman:

Guy are you from Awka-Etiti?

Yes.
You ??
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by Baroba(m): 10:09am On May 03, 2016
TrueSenator:
What will happen when fuel scarcity hit the chopper operation....... By the way..... How many choppers will cover the entire state? Why not apply quality choice like drones...... The cost of one chopper operation can buy 1000pcs of drones. Share the drones across the communities to help monitor criminal activities across the states.
The sooner we start using applicable technologies in solving or tackling challenges, the better for us.

Good idea, but there is actually a better alternative and its simple.. Ndigbo heed to Ohaneze's advice boycott all beef product coming from Fulani herdsmen, you can't have people invading and massacring your people, and you still buy meat from them.. Just use your economic power to your advantage and these people will quickly move on if they can't sell there animals.. No cow for burials, weddings, coronations or whatever else Ndigbo usually use beef for, switch to Igbo cows ( yes they exist) poultry, pigs, goats and sheep.. My grandfather was buried in 2006, and I must have counted about 20 cows!! If you count the number of funerals and coronations in Igboland alone, that will give you an estimate the sheer number of cows we purchase from the Fulani's, no wander they are trooping in with more cows..
This is how Jews usually deal with people who utter antisemitic views or kill there people anywhere in the world.. Ask Mel Gibson how market after he directed The passion of Christ few years ago..

The Fulani MUST be forced to start moving their livestock with trucks, nomadic herding of livestock has no place in modern society..

1 Like

Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by Nobody: 10:15am On May 03, 2016
Beehshorp:
So wherever the herdsmen move to.. Una go carry helicopter dey follow dem?... The solution is to arm d local vigilante services and take the laws into our own hands...
and who disarms the local vigilante? Creating more problems to solve one. Ranches is the solution to this.
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by berrystunn(m): 10:16am On May 03, 2016
APGA Till the end of time
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by Aguluamaka(m): 10:16am On May 03, 2016
Waste of resources, simply arm de local vigilants with heavy arms
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by Nobody: 10:18am On May 03, 2016
Excellent perspective...... Hope they unite against this unfairness. This is better than reuniting Bakassi boys because of its negative sides.

[qquote author=Baroba post=45267585]

Good idea, but there is actually a better alternative and its simple.. Ndigbo heed to Ohaneze's advice boycott all beef product coming from Fulani herdsmen, you can't have people invading and massacring your people, and you still buy meat from them.. Just use your economic power to your advantage and these people will quickly move on if they can't sell there animals.. No cow for burials, weddings, coronations or whatever else Ndigbo usually use beef for, switch to Igbo cows ( yes they exist) poultry, pigs, goats and sheep.. My grandfather was buried in 2006, and I must have counted about 20 cows!! If you count the number of funerals and coronations in Igboland alone, that will give you an estimate the sheer number of cows we purchase from the Fulani's, no wander they are trooping in with more cows..
This is how Jews usually deal with people who utter antisemitic views or kill there people anywhere in the world.. Ask Mel Gibson how market after he directed The passion of Christ few years ago..

The Fulani MUST be forced to start moving their livestock with trucks, nomadic herding of livestock has no place in modern society..[/quote]
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by mike404(m): 10:18am On May 03, 2016
shocked shocked
madridguy:
God Bless you sir.
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by Digriz(m): 10:19am On May 03, 2016
SweetBoyFriend:
No need to monitor them.
They're like our brothers in Anambra state, they don't cause havoc.

In Awka etiti alone, i have more than 50 Fulani friends.
In Nnobi, i have 20 Fulani friends.
In ugwuoba Awka, i have more than 120 Fulani friends.
In Amansea, I have 20 Fulani friends.

They even speak igbo pass some igbo people wey live for Lagos.

We can't do without the Fulani with The type of business we run in some part of Anambra state
Anybody that knows Awka etiti and ugwuoba knows that it's the highest cattle market in Nigeria apart from Gamboru ngala
Guy don't fall my hand wt ths statement, they are your friend not mine and i don't even like their friendship especially as it concerns my place.
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by HOLYMASK: 10:21am On May 03, 2016
SweetBoyFriend:
No need to monitor them.

We can't do without the Fulani with The type of business we run in some part of Anambra state
Anybody that knows Awka etiti and ugwuoba knows that it's the highest cattle market in Nigeria apart from Gamboru ngala

Now what are u still waiting for? If u have that number of Fulani friends what stopped u from contesting for the 2015 erec_tion or the herdsmen presidency?
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by Megaideas(f): 10:21am On May 03, 2016
SweetBoyFriend:
No need to monitor them.

What do u mean? Are u one of them? How can u say that having seen what they are doing in d country in recent time? I'm already scared of u. I doubt your true identity.
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by Megaideas(f): 10:33am On May 03, 2016
Good day everyone.

Thank you for checking in.
This might be an opportunity you've been craving for, please be patient as you read through.

He is a graduate of Pure and Industrial Chemistry, Second Class honours, Upper division from a reputable institution in Nigeria and works in a Plastic Manufacturing firm.

He wishes to use this medium to reach out to all Nigerians willing to employ experienced hands in their Plastic manufacturing firm and/or willing to add value by employing quality hands to their Plastics manufacturing line.

You're most welcome!!!

I am here with 4 years experience in Plastic processing and have been privileged to work directly with Indians in different fields; about 5 of them managing 30 blow moulding machines, 10 PVC extrusion lines and 20 Injection machines with other plastic processing machines, within these 4 years and have as well gathered wealth of experiences which will be useful in your organisation if you employ me.

I possess sound leadership qualities and can deliver favorably beyond expectation with minimum supervision.
This is to mention but a few.

I will be available for a chat if you deem it fit that i should be part of the winning team in your existing, new or soon-to-be-established' plastic manufacturing institution.

A pm or silent quote in this regard will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time and God less.[/quote]

My dear go to Jobs section and advertise yourself. A good gaduate should know how to do things well and in order.
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by Nnabugwu8590: 10:48am On May 03, 2016
This is what I called innovative leadership. I love my state to the core. Ndi Anambra kwenu!!!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by kay4dem(m): 10:52am On May 03, 2016
cnwokike:
The Anambra State Governor, Willie Obiano, has launched a helicopter for aerial surveillance of the activities of herdsmen in the state.

The governor, who stated this during the Workers’ Day celebration in Awka, the state capital, assured the people of the state that his administration had all it would take to prevent any attack by the herders.

Obiano said that before the growing menace of the Fulani herdsmen in the country, he had set up a special committee to foster peace between farmers and the cattle grazers in the state.

The committee, the governor noted, was made up of the leaders of the Hausa-Fulani community in the state, government officials, security agents and some representatives of agrarian communities across the state.

Obiano said, “This committee has made the herdsmen to pay compensation to communities whose crops were destroyed by their cattle seven times in the past. And we have also paid compensation to the herdsmen when one community breached the peace against them. That is the nature of our engagement with them in Anambra State.”

He warned that his administration would deal ruthlessly with the herdsmen should they become “needlessly hostile against their host communities.”

Obiano added, “There is routine helicopter surveillance across the borders of the state to ensure that any suspicious gathering of people(herdsmen) or curious movements across the borders are quickly picked up and analysed by security experts.”

The governor commended Anambra workers for their support to his administration, saying “if Willie is working, then the workers are also working.”

He restated his administration’s commitment to workers’ welfare.

Obiano added that the state government would consider a salary increase for workers once there was an increase in the state’s Internally Generated Revenue.

The Chairman of the Nigeria Labour Congress, Anambra State chapter, Jerry Nnubia, had commended Obiano for putting up an excellent performance since he took over two years ago.

Meanwhile, as the various pressure groups in the southern part of the country threaten to move Fulani herdsmen from their communities because of recent killings in Enugu and other southern states, the National Coordinator of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, Mr. Garus Gololo, has said such an action may ignite national crisis.

Gololo told one of our correspondents, “It is only in Oyo that there are up to 2,000 herdsmen; in other parts of the South-West, they are not more than between 200 and 800 while in the North, there are over 30 million southerners.”

According to him, many of the southerners have big houses in their original homes especially in Igbo land but such houses are empty because a lot of them are staying in the North.

He said the National Assembly had intervened in the crisis between farmers and herdsmen, insisting that “if the herdsmen have not committed offences that warrant their being forced out of the South, they should not be forced out.”

http://www.punchng.com/anambra-monitors-herdsmen-helicopter/

Good one obiano
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by Ilovemystate: 11:29am On May 03, 2016
Great one from Gov Obiano

Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by spartanobad(m): 12:01pm On May 03, 2016
no need for so much fear
I trust Igbo **BOYS* very dangerous but peace loving
Jxt at they took Enugu unawares

Bt if they gt mind let them try am again asin make den surface again
d little dey saw during d BIA..FRA protest will be a hint of what they will see
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by bejick(m): 12:02pm On May 03, 2016
Picture of the helicopter or I don't believe this story.
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by Mboi2: 12:15pm On May 03, 2016
SweetBoyFriend:
No need to monitor them.

Close your dirty mouth this Fulani man. You think we don't know your plans. Very soon all of them in that Awka-Etiti and Nnobi will be flushed out. You can't live with vampires in your house.
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by persius555(m): 12:31pm On May 03, 2016
Obiano's leadership style is unlike what we see in the past. He will make a good president.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by amazon14: 12:45pm On May 03, 2016
Ukwunwanyi sorry ugwuanyi see what should do
Not fast and pray as if you did any fasting at all
Talk tough like a man act like man don't run to Abuja to open your teeth with the dullard
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by poseidon12: 12:50pm On May 03, 2016
That's my able governor, being proactive and talking like the boss should.
State governors should take charge of the security of their states. They should not be waiting for tribalist Buhari to help.
Communities can coexist with the Fulani herdsmen that maintain peace and act within the law.
Re: Anambra Monitors Fulani Herdsmen With Helicopter by poseidon12: 12:52pm On May 03, 2016
afroniger:
Seems Obiano isn't waiting for 'fasting and prayers'. cheesy

Definitely not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Masked Witnesses Cannot Testify Against Kanu - Court To FG / Oby Ezekwesili And Kwankwaso Celebrate USA Independence In Abuja / BREAKING: Shehu Sani Reacts To Deji Adeyanju's Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.