Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,850 members, 7,802,724 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

A Wish - Poems For Review (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / A Wish (8961 Views)

I Wish To..... / I Wish The Truth Has A Tongue / I Wish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Wish by Yusufadeto(m): 9:07pm On Apr 17, 2007
check this one as welll, though it been a long time that i have written this, but i wrote it myself

YOU

Look at the things that always make u happy,

Think of things that always make u sad,

Try to always stay close to those who you're always happy with,

Always do things that always make u happy as well,

Try to always be happy, and always try to put smile on someone face a everyday,

and try as much not a be part of adding to someone problem,

Always try to imagine why someone make u sad, or why u sad when u around the person,

try as much a spossible, to be happy around the person, or something that always make u sad try as much as possile to always derive happiness from it, because life is too short not to have a smile on your face,

And always try as much as possible, to walk close in achieving your goas each day,

And don't relent, no matter the number of time u fall, always keep trying don't relent, because quitter never succeed, it always those who did not quit, they always succeed, no matter the number of time u fail, always try to keep trying, because am sure one day u will succeed in whatever u doing,

I believe in success, though it takes time, to achieve your dreams, go for whatever u want to do, and always believe in yourself, no matter what people says about u, always believe that u have what it takes to achieve your dreams,
Re: A Wish by saintsam(m): 10:14am On Apr 19, 2007
Nice poem Yusufadeto.
U kinda advise people with ur poem, and u are also motivational, I feel u man
Re: A Wish by saintsam(m): 10:25am On Apr 19, 2007
I AM AN AFRICAN.

I am an African
Not because I was born there
But because my heart beats with Africa’s
I am an African
Not because my skin is black
But because my mind is engaged by Africa
I am an African
Not because I live on its soil
But because my soul is at home in Africa

When Africa weeps for her children
My cheeks are stained with tears
When Africa honours her elders
My head is bowed in respect
When Africa mourns for her victims
My hands are joined in prayer
When Africa celebrates her triumphs
My feet are alive with dancing

I am an African
For her blue skies take my breath away
And my hope for the future is bright
I am an African
For her people greet me as family
And teach me the meaning of community
I am an African
For her wildness quenches my spirit
And brings me closer to the source of life

When the music of Africa beats in the wind
My blood pulses to its rhythm
And I become the essence of music
When the colours of Africa dazzle in the sun
My senses drink in its rainbow
And I become the palette of nature
When the stories of Africa echo round the fire
My feet walk in its pathways
And I become the footprints of history

I am an African
Because she is the cradle of my birth
And nurtures an ancient wisdom
I am an African
Because she lives in the world’s shadow
And bursts with a radiant luminosity
I am an African
Because she is the land of tomorrow
And I recognise her gifts as sacred

samson.
Re: A Wish by Yusufadeto(m): 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2007
Nice poem Sam, i like it
Re: A Wish by Yusufadeto(m): 12:49pm On Apr 20, 2007
ICAN,

I CAN,

ICAN, Institution of Chartered Accountant,

I Can, i can do anything , as far as any other person can do it,

I can overcome any obstacle, because its happen with some reason, and it will be dealt with ,

I can make anything inpossible to be possible, with the help of God

I can be anything that someone can be,

I can be whatever i want to be, with right step

I can solve any problem on my own, since it occurs for solution

I can be the most happiest man in the whole world with the right lady

I can be the most happiess man in the whole world, if i can work towards my future from now, and always try to be righteous

I can make my dreams come true, just need to work towards, and never relent, even if anything negative happens,

Yusuf A
Re: A Wish by SMC(f): 11:41am On Apr 21, 2007
saintsam:

I AM AN AFRICAN.

I am an African
Not because I was born there

I am an African
Because she is the cradle of my birth

samson.

You are an African because you had no choice in the matter period!!! lipsrsealed
Re: A Wish by Yusufadeto(m): 2:16am On Apr 23, 2007
Am happy to be African especially Nigerian, because it's the best thing that could ever happen with me, we are blessed by God and we have so much gift and talent, am sure Africa will dominate the world sometimes soon, hoping to be alive then
Re: A Wish by saintsam(m): 8:50am On Apr 23, 2007
@SMC
SOME AFRICANS MOSTLY NIGERIANS TEND TO DENY BEING AFRICAN AND TAKE OVER THE WESTERN HERITAGE. I LOVE AFRICA, I BELIEVE IN THE DREAM OF AFRICA.
Re: A Wish by SMC(f): 5:48pm On Apr 23, 2007
Yusufadeto:

Am happy to be African especially Nigerian, because it's the best thing that could ever happen with me, we are blessed by God and we have so much gift and talent, am sure Africa will dominate the world sometimes soon, hoping to be alive then

@ Yusuf, DREAM ON DREAMER. NIGERIA IS A LAND OF ABUNDANCE/PLENTY, BUT ALSO A LAND OF SHATTERED DREAMS. THIS IS ONE COUNTRY THAT IS NUMERO UNO WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT LOST POTENTIALS. embarassed cry, I WEEP FOR MY MOTHERLAND cry cry cry.

saintsam:

@SMC
SOME AFRICANS MOSTLY NIGERIANS TEND TO DENY BEING AFRICAN AND TAKE OVER THE WESTERN HERITAGE. I LOVE AFRICA, I BELIEVE IN THE DREAM OF AFRICA.
@Saintsam, I am not saying that this is not true, all I am saying is you are an African because you had no choice in the matter originally [I stand by that statement still].
Re: A Wish by saintsam(m): 8:52am On Apr 24, 2007
@SMC
I do have a choice, I can deny my identity and, get my skin turnover like Michael Jackson, and take over the western heritage, but am proud to be an african.

U are rite when u said, nigeria is full of shatterd dreams cry, but I must tell u somethn, it is one thn for u to have a dream, it is another for ur dream to have u, most pple have wishes and not dreams (now am being figurative), I hope u get me.
Re: A Wish by Yusufadeto(m): 5:30pm On Apr 24, 2007
You right Sam, it's good to have a dream, because u will always have something to hope for and work towards, to my own understanding, you are nothing, if u do not have a dream and ambition in life, because you just working without any purpose, you just working for the sake of it.
Re: A Wish by franc1982(m): 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2007
still remember a poetic god called franc?
is anyone in his rank?
just checking!
Re: A Wish by Yusufadeto(m): 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2007
OH! i have not heard of him, maybe is because i have not read any of his mail
Re: A Wish by saintsam(m): 10:49am On Nov 16, 2007
hi guys, its been an enternity. Chistiana, dollie, wole, watever, etc, where u guys? I miss ya all. Lets tied the broken cord (thread) once again. I luv ya all
Re: A Wish by Yusufadeto(m): 12:38pm On Nov 16, 2007
sure man, let break this jinx
Re: A Wish by saintsam(m): 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2007
ya, yusuf, am waiting 4 ya post
Re: A Wish by Yusufadeto(m): 6:53pm On Nov 21, 2007
am working on it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Welcome O Ramadhan! - A Poem And A Breif Commentary By Laykorn / A Poem For Goldie's Death / Charmed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.