Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,770 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

How To Use Your Smartphone As A Microphone And Webcam - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Use Your Smartphone As A Microphone And Webcam (968 Views)

Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 14inches 4gb ram, 320gb hdd, HDMI, Webcam Dvd-rom @45K / Lenovo Thinkpad T420, 4gb, 320gb Hdd, Webcam, Dvd Rom, Bluetooth e.t.c (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Your Smartphone As A Microphone And Webcam by Dareal90s(m): 12:49pm On May 03, 2016
I recently needed to join an important group Skype call, but I didn’t have a microphone to hook up to my computer. I downloaded Skype to my smartphone, hoping that would solve the problem, but soon discovered that the mobile version doesn’t support group calls.
The clock was ticking and I was without a way of talking on Skype. But then it hit me: it must be possible to use my smartphone’s capabilities in conjunction with my Windows computer. Setting It Up There’s a great website called Wireless Orange that has everything you need in order to get going. Although they have another app for webcam use, try checking out our guide for using your smartphone as a webcam for better alternatives.
The program on offer is called WO Mic. It requires a Windows program, a driver and an Android app to be installed, but these are all light downloads and won’t consume much space. There is a premium version of the app available, which offers better audio quality, but for general purposes the free one will do just fine. Head to the relevant page, download what’s necessary and run the installers. They’re all self explanatory, so just progress through the wizards until everything is complete. Now it’s time to get them in action. Launch the app on your smartphone and the program on your computer.
Get the download link from my signature...
The app supports connection from your smartphone to your computer using Bluetooth, WiFi and USB. For the best connection, opt for the wired USB choice. If that’s not possible then go for WiFi, then Bluetooth as the last resort. You can adjust your connection type by going to Settings within the smartphone app.
Now press Start on the app. Then, on the Windows program, go to Connection > Connect…, select your connection type, then hit OK. That’s it! You’re good to go. You shouldn’t run into any problems, but if you can’t get the microphone to pick up audio, then do a system search for manage audio devices and select the result. Then select the Recording tab, click the connected device and then Set Default. Alternative Methods There are other methods for different types of smartphones, but the downside is that these require the use of an audio connection jack. These haven’t been tested, but Real Microphone for Windows Phone and Megaphone Free for iOS should do the trick. Download these apps, hook your phone to your Windows computer using a male-to-male headphone jack and your phone should then function as computer microphones. Again, head to audio device management on your PC if it isn’t initially recognised.

USING YOUR PHONE AS WEBCAM
WO Webcam can turn your Android phone into PC webcam.
WO Webcam has three components:

The server program on Android phone. It's responsible for capturing video data by camera sensor and transferring it to PC.
The client program on PC. Once it receives the video data, it will do processing and forward them to the virtual device.
Virtual Device on PC. 3rd party softwares always interact with this virtual device to get video frames.

supports the following connections between PC and Android phone:

Bluetooth
USB
WiFi

(1) (Reply)

I Just Got Mine: Avast Antivirus (any Edition) Free For 1 Year / Help!!! His External Drive Is Not Working / Call With Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.