Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,997 members, 7,866,754 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:36 AM

Cactus Please Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Cactus Please Help (656 Views)

Where Is Cactus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cactus Please Help by Godmother(f): 11:12am On Aug 11, 2009
My system does this shut down and repair every minute. This problem started yesterday and I dont know what the problem could be. A friend said it could be a problem with my hardware. But Im a bit scared and think it might be something else, cos I took a risk and gave out my c-panel login info to someone I met on sinmplemachines.org.
Re: Cactus Please Help by Cactus(m): 1:30pm On Aug 11, 2009
This is a special assignment tough one really. I dont fully understand, read and respond. This is not only for cactus, The more brains involved the easier things should get ideally. But sometimes that is not the case.

A. The system you are talking about, is this where you host your site? (are you self hosting it?)
B. Are you talking about your server shutting down or your personal computer shutting down?
C. If this is your personal computer, did you also give remote access?

But

1. Is this a laptop or desktop?
2. Which operating system is this problematic machine using?
3. Have you installed any hardware or software that would require a driver installation or any software recently?
4. If this is your personal computer, are you using it as a server?
5. If this is a server, check your crontab in cpanel.
6. Go through all the scripts you have and look at the last date modified
7. Also as a caution, check your .htaccess file (copy it from the server
8. Check your log files.
    - If you feel the access you gave might have affected your system, check the server log
    - if this is a personal computer, check your system error log
                Do this

(windows xp and vista, hope i am correct with this too lazy to check)
Click on Start > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer > System Log to view.

9. Look at the log carefully, checking the timestamp and the times the system crashed. You can paste any error codes or messages on here. This will help a great deal. and you can also search on google for the error codes
10. How long have you being using this system (desktop/laptop)
11. Do you hear strange noises? (potential hard drive failure)

This may take some time but lets try.
Re: Cactus Please Help by yawatide(f): 3:03pm On Aug 11, 2009
he he, cactus, and you said you want to know what you would do, in terms of employment, if you returned to naija. I see a bright future, self-employed, in IT consultancy grin
Re: Cactus Please Help by Cactus(m): 3:33pm On Aug 11, 2009
People get confused (or mid-life crisis)

Ah ah ah ah, definitely I can do consulting work. It is possible I can be in Nigeria soon dont know. Actually interested as there are many opportunities.

I go through phases. I have gone through my web dev*programming phase, not much interest I had before I have now but can always work anytime.

In general I fit very well in IT consultancy primarily into Business Intelligence.
Re: Cactus Please Help by Godmother(f): 5:04pm On Aug 11, 2009
1. Its a laptop
2. I'm using Windows XP
3. No, I havent installed any such software
4. No, Im not using it as a server.
I've been using the system for about a year now and I dont hear any noise .

Here is the Error report Im getting
Type Date Time Source Category Event User Computer
Error 8/11/2009 4:39:04pm DCOM None 10005 Muobo 368AEB5E17AE467
(Second and third line same as above)

Information 8/11/2009 4:07:38pm Service Contl Manager None 7036 N/A 368AEB5E17AE467
(this goes on for about nine lines)

Error 8/11/2009 2:01:56 System Error (102) 1003 N/A (same)

Information 8/11/2009 2:01:54 Service ctrl Manager None 7036 N/A (same)
Information 8/11/2009 2:01:49 Save Dump None 1001 N/A (Same)

And it goes on like that , really long. Tried copying it to paste here but couldnt.
Re: Cactus Please Help by Cactus(m): 12:08am On Aug 12, 2009
Thank you very much Microsoft for providing error messages that everyone understands

This is for the system error event 1003 which I believe is the main problem as it deals with the overall operating system. After searching kindly follow the microsoft link provided below.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q317277

HOpe this will fix the problem.

(1) (Reply)

What Webhosting Is Reliable In Naija / Webdeveloper Needed Urgently / Want To Learn To Design Advance Flash Applications-games,animations,interactive Media Etc-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.