Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,621 members, 7,844,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Floyd Mayweather Drops Hint That He Could Come Back To The Ring Yet Unbeaten Leg - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Drops Hint That He Could Come Back To The Ring Yet Unbeaten Leg (445 Views)

Floyd Mayweather Poses With His Pet Tiger (Pictured) / Floyd Mayweather’s Bodyguards Are So Big They Take Separate Private Jet (Photo) / Alexis Drops Hint Over Arsenal Exit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Floyd Mayweather Drops Hint That He Could Come Back To The Ring Yet Unbeaten Leg by abokikhalifa: 2:08pm On May 03, 2016
http://www.candygist.com/2016/05/floyd-mayweather-drops-hint-that-he.html

Floyd Mayweather has dropped the greatest insight yet that he could make a rebound to the ring, however demanded just a 'nine-figure' pay check would be sufficient to entice him into returning.

Just eight months have gone following the 39-year-old 'retired' from boxing, out-pointing and out-classing Andre Berto, take his record to a flawless 49-0.

Mayweather, who was ringside in Washington D.C, as promoter for Badou Jack's middleweight majority draw with Lucian Bute, in the early hours of Sunday morning, told Showtime's Jim Gray he was content with retirement, but would not close the door on a return.

''Yes, I'm happy to be where I'm at,' Mayweather said.
'Everyone is asking, asking me, 'Is Floyd Mayweather coming back?' Right now, I'm happy on this side of the ropes, but I've been talking with CBS and Showtime and you just never know. But for now, I'm happy on this side.
'As of right now, you know, some crazy numbers have been thrown my way, upwards of, of course, nine figures. I'm truly blessed, way beyond belief. I don't know what we're going to do, but right now, I'm happy being on this side helping fighters.'
A battle with unified middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin has been touted as a probability, however this was rapidly shot down the welterweight great, who insisted the gulf in weight would pose too big an issue.

'How can Floyd Mayweather fight at 160 and I could never make 154?' he said - despite the fact he has competed at the light middleweight limit on four separate occasions.

However, a bout that appeared more to the liking of the man who refers to himself with the acronym 'TBE' (the best ever) was unbeaten Danny Garcia, the current WBC welterweight holder.

'Danny Garcia, another name, undefeated prospect, undefeated champion in two different weight classes,' Mayweather said. 'Very exciting fighter. You just never know.'

http://www.candygist.com/2016/05/floyd-mayweather-drops-hint-that-he.html

Re: Floyd Mayweather Drops Hint That He Could Come Back To The Ring Yet Unbeaten Leg by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 03, 2016
1. He would beat Garcia.
2. He would beat Khan.
3. Golovkin is too big and heavy, such a match is not possible.
4. Kel brook is too inexperienced to fight him.
5. He has beaten all the big names in his weight class, he has nothing to prove.

He should stay retired, its the best option for him.

(1) (Reply)

Amir Khan Vs Saul Alvarez Live Stream / Bayern Munich Confirm The Signing Of Mat Hummels / Breaking News; Gbenga Ogunbote Resumes As 3sc Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.