Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:19 AM

Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion - Business (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion (76476 Views)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / Why You Should Stop Sports Betting & Gambling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (29) (Go Down)

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by ediko5(m): 8:15pm On May 27, 2016
Sports betting and forex trading promotion really constitute nuisance to the nairaland business section. The business section used to be a place where matured minds will discuss and profer possible solutions, ideas and advice to one's problem. But now it filled with football betting advert and forex whatever.

I have never played football betting neither have I traded forex before,
but that doesn't mean that I should condemn it or the people that plays it. My reason for not playing football bet maybe because I don't watch football.
Yes, it's true that these so-called I formation marketers are flooding the whole forum to sell.and market their so-called ebooks and videos on how to make money in this niche. Surprisingly most of them have never practicalized what they sell some maybe it worked out for them just once and the snapshot the proof and use it to deceive innocent Nigerians.

I have personally been scammed by these so-called infopreneurs when I ventured into online business newly some will.sell ebooks that's doesn't even concern what they were talking about. They are some notable here which have made millions from that. I don't wanna call names.

They say "one man's food is another man's poison" I strongly believe that you don't play sport betting and trade forex also and hence the reason you totally dislike them. That's not fair in life.

Since this things are not illegal before the government it will be bad for you to illegalize them.

So my humble suggestion is that you create a board for them strictly for their discussion with a serious warning that no one should take any related topic outside that board. Also put a bold notice to anyone that will patronize them to be wise and that you've respected people's passion.

Let me stop here for now. Hope I've made a little point?

3 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by toxjox: 1:51pm On May 29, 2016
Seun has open eyes yet they crucify Seun, and this practice will continue. No?
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by olajazz(m): 7:01am On Jun 18, 2016
godchildjayboy:
I have spend almost up to 40k to 60k in between of my savings on sport bet for the period of this year and I only won 19k once since then nothing. Thank God for opening my eyes because it was addiction to me. but I have stop playing it since last month. Its not encouraging at all. Thank you Seun for opening this on air.
We gat the same story...but I quit since April... Asin very addictive....no gain...wetin u go win na you go give them andbeveb more....lobatan.

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by olaopeyemi: 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
akinalabi:

My brother. There is nothing to address. It is his opinion and if we go around addressing every single individual's opinion, we won't do anything with our lives.

Sports betting is for recreation. It's for entertainment. We have said that over and over again.

Mr A goes to the cinema to watch a movie for N1,000

Mr B goes to a beer parlour to drink beer for N1,000

Mr C goes to a NairaBET shop to bet with N1,000

Nobody comes back home with money. Infact, the sports betting guy can even come back with money.

Where is the fraud?

To most people that don't know how this works, let me explain.

100 people go to a betting shop and bet with N1,000 each. That is 100k.

98 of them lose their bets. One wins 50k. The other wins 45k. Out of the 5k remaining, the company pays a percentage to government as good causes and also company tax.

They pay salaries and they pay agents. They get to keep a cut as well.

It's crystal clear.
sir can i credit nairabet with neteller?

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Ele0: 11:39am On Jun 24, 2016
@seun I Need Ur Help Please
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by OjusAmos(m): 2:35pm On Jun 24, 2016
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

We are thinking of completely banning the promotion of forex trading and sports betting on Nairaland.

Forex day-trading and sports betting are fundamentally fraudulent because they're promoted as a quick way of making money whereas due to mathematical facts, the only people who make money are the middlemen and marketers. The "investors" almost always lose their money.

In our experience, it's not enough to warn Nairaland members about the dangers of forex day-trading and sports betting. The promise of quick profit is just too strong for thousands of vulnerable Nairaland members to resist. The only way to protect them is complete censorship.

We believe that the complete ban of such content will make Nairaland a better platform for discussing legitimate entrepreneurship and finance.

What do you think? Please click 'like' if you like the idea; thanks.
https://www.nairaland.com/3184861/rules-rules-miss-nairaland-rule
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by jetlee14: 8:28am On Jun 30, 2016
Hmmm! its a thing of choice sir.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by NonFarmPayrol: 10:18am On Aug 08, 2016
seun pls ban this MMM ponzi scheme and censor the word

2 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by clodd007(m): 12:14pm On Aug 21, 2016
think we are back here we started again
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 21, 2016
can someone link me to the PFP thread?
cc Pushkin, troot, akraym
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by CaptainKool15(m): 12:31pm On Aug 21, 2016
inplay:
can someone link me to the PFP thread? cc Pushkin, troot, akraym

I think it has been removed..

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 21, 2016
CaptainKool15:

I think it has been removed..
why must it be removed, especially now that PFP has commenced.

cc seun. I beg u in the name of whatever God u serve, bring back the thread, u can do whatever u wish to do with it after the completion of PFP.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by otitokoroleti: 12:48pm On Aug 21, 2016
clodd007:
think we are back here we started again
kikikikiki
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by otitokoroleti: 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
inplay:
why must it be removed, especially now that PFP has commenced.

cc seun. I beg u in the name of whatever God u serve, bring back the thread, u can do whatever u wish to do with it after the completion of PFP.

u wan chop 1milla?
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by TVTKOKO(m): 12:50pm On Aug 21, 2016
Wat happened to the pfp thread na
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 21, 2016
TVTKOKO:
Wat happened to the pfp thread na
under maintainance
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 21, 2016
otitokoroleti:
u wan chop 1milla?
nope baba....its been a while, where have u been?
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 21, 2016
modified
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 21, 2016
cheesy I said it. Some nuclear war has been going on behind the scenes.

2 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by tobore4u(m): 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2016
If by the end of today I didn't see the merrybet thread, I will definitely visit sango cotta and burn some voodoo candle on top of seun head......

1 Like

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
Thought this seun guy has grown up undecided

8 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
Vikings007:
its bad...people we never dash others 10k. Dey challenge move wey go give nlanders millions..i smell hate and hypocrisy

4 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by TVTKOKO(m): 1:18pm On Aug 21, 2016
bjhaid:
under maintainance
by who.? Just like that.?
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by otitokoroleti: 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
inplay:
nope baba....its been a while, where have u been?
na naija we dey o
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by otitokoroleti: 1:34pm On Aug 21, 2016
bjhaid:
under maintainance
lmfao
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by otitokoroleti: 1:35pm On Aug 21, 2016
Vikings007:
hehehe
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Krak(m): 1:37pm On Aug 21, 2016
Its actually not funny at all.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by blackmantis: 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2016
Vikings007:

I swear

See what Arsenal draw caused.
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Lhimeet(m): 2:07pm On Aug 21, 2016
cry undecided HMMMM... Democracy... Power 4 d leader,and only d leader nd d leader... cool
Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by Gangster1ms: 2:08pm On Aug 21, 2016
Well.. when i was beginning to think his chicken brain has developed to a sensible human brain it turned out this nigga have no brain at all undecided

3 Likes

Re: Banning Forex Trading And Sports Betting Promotion by TVTKOKO(m): 2:34pm On Aug 21, 2016
Gangster1ms:
Well.. when i was beginning to think his chicken brain has developed to a sensible human brain it turned out this nigga have no brain at all undecided
lol the thread is back sha cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (29)

Huge Naira Notes Discovered, Sundried In A House In Lagos (Video) / Okwudili Umenyiora 'Eric Manny' Parks 2018 Lexus Jeep In His Sitting Room / Fatima Dangote To Wed Jamil Abubakar (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.