Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? (4889 Views)

When Am I Getting My Next Job / Must Read: Am I Cursed Or Just Lazy. / Exactly One Year Of Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by delightedgirl(f): 3:21pm On May 03, 2016
Hello house.
I keep applying for jobs posted here and other places,even the ones I have the experience required and those that states no experience required yet I have not gotten any interview invite. from January to now I will say I have applied for MORE THAN 50 jobs but no invite.it is really troubling me and I can't keep quiet anymore.
Please what exactly do you think I am not doing right? If invites were coming after applying it would have been a different case. help a confused soul.
What should I do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by Johnrake69: 3:25pm On May 03, 2016
delightedgirl:
Hello house.
I keep applying for jobs posted here and other places,even the ones I have the experience required and those that states no experience required yet I have not gotten any interview invite. from January to now I will say I have applied for MORE THAN 50 jobs but no invite.it is really troubling me and I can't keep quiet anymore.
Please what exactly do you think I am not doing right? If invites were coming after applying it would have been a different case. help a confused soul.
What should I do?

Have you given a third party to help you review your cv? That will help. You can send it to me @ Johnrake69@yahoo.com
Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by Mobebi(m): 3:35pm On May 03, 2016
delightedgirl:
Hello house.
What should I do?

Send your CV to me : Senenablog@gmail.com
Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by nmreports: 3:38pm On May 03, 2016
Its great you have people to help you already.
Please read this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/2835452/tagged-serious-get-job-2016#41540784
It is for you.

1 Like

Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by ollybode(m): 3:56pm On May 03, 2016
Mobebi:

Pls could you help me review my cv too.
Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by Chidizman(m): 5:15pm On May 03, 2016
delightedgirl:
Hello house.
What should I do?

Its either your CV or your Location. Try and adjust the both #Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by ideology(m): 6:05am On May 04, 2016
Nice to see nairalanders helping out. God bless you all.

@delightedgirl, pretend as though you are applying for a job at ideologies integrated services limited for a customer service position, send your application to
ideologiesfoundation@gmail.com
with subject as IDSL/2016/CS/01

Lemme see what you 've got.

I'll review your CV / Application and keep you posted.
Have a pleasant day ahead.
Good morning

1 Like

Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by delightedgirl(f): 8:11am On May 04, 2016
Johnrake69:

Have you given a third party to help you review your cv? That will help. You can send it to me @ Johnrake69@yahoo.com

Thank you very much for reaching out.
Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by delightedgirl(f): 8:12am On May 04, 2016
ideology:

@delightedgirl, pretend as though you are applying for a job at ideologies integrated services limited for a customer service position, send your application to ideologiesfoundation@gmail.com with subject as IDSL/2016/CS/01/

Good morning

Goodmorning,
I will do as directed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by delightedgirl(f): 8:13am On May 04, 2016
Mobebi:

I have done that..goodmorning
Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by delightedgirl(f): 8:15am On May 04, 2016
Mobebi:

I have done that..goodmorning
Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by Nobody: 8:16am On May 04, 2016
Include employers requirements in your CV. Apply for only jobs you are qualified for. Give small jobs a chance, you are probably applying only to oil firms and multinationals.

1 Like

Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by emmanuelbrown26: 1:16pm On May 04, 2016
My brother its so bad, am wearing same shoes wit thee, i hv applied and applied nothing is forth coming, i hv asked myself questions i can't just get any answer. I hv tried even menial jobs i can't see, life is really really tough on my side, life hv really pushed me to the wall which i will not succumb

1 Like

Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by odeystanley1989: 2:16pm On May 04, 2016
Give your cv to a professional to make necessary correction on it and above all get closer to God.

1 Like

Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by bord(m): 4:16pm On May 04, 2016
emmanuelbrown26:
My brother its so bad, am wearing same shoes wit thee, i hv applied and applied nothing is forth coming, i hv asked myself questions i can't just get any answer. I hv tried even menial jobs i can't see, life is really really tough on my side, life hv really pushed me to the wall which i will not succumb

I see you becoming successful in the long run... Just be self motivated and engage in any person development of your choice... God be with you
Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by emmanuelbrown26: 4:36pm On May 04, 2016
bord:

I see you becoming successful in the long run... Just be self motivated and engage in any person development of your choice... God be with you
amennnnnnn, thanks for your encouragement, in case any job around u, pls am available, once again thank you
Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by delightz(m): 5:16pm On May 04, 2016
My little advice. ..
I have beenin that situation too..
I want you to consider the following.
1. Most of these jobs posted online are repetitions. Probably the deadline is past, but the bloggers will edit the deadline out and you will think its still available.
2. If you are sending your CV through mobile device.....try and send it to a mail you can access and see how it appears. If you can access the email, position yourself as the recipient HR. Go through the mail and judge it yourself. If you are convinced that you deserve a reply, then move to number 3.
3. Check if your potentials and soft skills are attractive at first glance of the CV.
4. Verify the authenticity of the vacancy befor applying.
Lastly, don't give up. I remember i wrote a test in January 2016 for a vacancy i applied for in june 2015.

I hope my little tips will guide the path of your resume. ......cheers.
dnt mind my English o, am still under training cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by Felakezman(m): 5:23pm On May 04, 2016
Johnrake69:

Hello sir,pls can u help me review my cv also if u don't mind sir
Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by Felakezman(m): 5:24pm On May 04, 2016
Mobebi:

Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by delightedgirl(f): 7:07pm On May 04, 2016
emmanuelbrown26:

God will do it for us
Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by delightedgirl(f): 7:09pm On May 04, 2016
delightz:
My little advice. ..
I have beenin that situation too..
I want you to consider the following.
1. Most of these jobs posted online are repetitions. Probably the deadline is past, but the bloggers will edit the deadline out and you will think its still available.
2. If you are sending your CV through mobile device.....try and send it to a mail you can access and see how it appears. If you can access the email, position yourself as the recipient HR. Go through the mail and judge it yourself. If you are convinced that you deserve a reply, then move to number 3.
3. Check if your potentials and soft skills are attractive at first glance of the CV.
4. Verify the authenticity of the vacancy befor applying.
Lastly, don't give up. I remember i wrote a test in January 2016 for a vacancy i applied for in june 2015.

I hope my little tips will guide the path of your resume. ......cheers.
dnt mind my English o, am still under training cheesy

Thanks very much for the useful tips.
Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by Johnrake69: 7:37pm On May 04, 2016
Felakezman:

I no be sir ooo cheesy. Be my guest. smiley
Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by Felakezman(m): 8:41pm On May 04, 2016
Johnrake69:

I no be sir ooo cheesy. Be my guest. smiley
I have sent a copy to your email,thanks alot
Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by delightedgirl(f): 8:28pm On May 06, 2016
ideology:

@delightedgirl, pretend as though you are applying for a job at ideologies integrated services limited for a customer service position, send your application to with subject as IDSL/2016/CS/01

Good morning

Goodevening. Am still waiting to hear from you.hope you have not forgotten me?

1 Like

Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by cutextowsen(f): 8:52pm On May 06, 2016
Another reason why most people don't get replies is the covering letter. Most job seekers just attach their CV to emails without any reasonable covering letter. Often time I have had potential employers tell me what attracted them to me was my covering letter. Make sure you edit each covering letter to the particular position you are applying for. Don't just write please find attached a copy of my CV for your perusal, it's gives the employer an expression you are not fit for the job. Sell yourself and make sure your CV is awesome. Most times i edit the personal statement in my Resume to suit each Company am applying to. Above all pray for favour each time you send your CV out.Cheers

1 Like

Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by babs01(m): 9:18pm On May 06, 2016
Felakezman:

I have sent a copy to your email,thanks alot
Baba i need a copy too babsak01@gmail.com thanks
Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by ideology(m): 12:14am On May 07, 2016
delightedgirl:

am still with you, its been a long week …

Unfailingly tomorrow or Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by emmanuelbrown26: 9:04am On May 07, 2016
delightedgirl:

God will do it for us
amennnn dear friend
Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by OreofeeOluwa(f): 8:11pm On May 07, 2016
emmanuelbrown26:
Your post really touched me and wished i could help u.pls look for etisalat customer care thread and apply.just scroll to find d link.
Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by ideology(m): 5:23pm On May 10, 2016
delightedgirl:

Kindly check your inbox, I have responded to a few, it difficult to identify which is yours, but just check your inbox and revert, sorry for belated feedback. smiley, if you are responding to the mail add your Nairaland username so I know that you are the one, Many thanks
Re: Please What Exactly Am I Doing Wrong? by emmanuelbrown26: 8:12pm On May 10, 2016
OreofeeOluwa:
Your post really touched me and wished i could help u.pls look for etisalat customer care thread and apply.just scroll to find d link.
Thank u dear friend, am gona check on that

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vacancies At Federal Airport Authority Of Nigerian (FAAN) / Northgate / Globacom Ltd Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.